Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
hystericas
Earning My Ears

Termination from WDW

I'm pretty positive I will be getting termed the next time I go into work at MK. I have already accepted and paid for my new cp at Disneyland for spring 2014.
Will termination affect this?

hystericas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
TrueDisney
DCP Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by hystericas View Post
I'm pretty positive I will be getting termed the next time I go into work at MK. I have already accepted and paid for my new cp at Disneyland for spring 2014.
Will termination affect this?
I think it would depend on the reasoning
TrueDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDisney View Post
I think it would depend on the reasoning
The Walt Disney Company utilizes a central HR computer system for their personnel (SAP) for all business segments. If you are termed from WDW, you will be assigned a rehire status. If you are given a "no-rehire" status (all Cast Members terminated are given that status), you will not be able to apply to any Disney job for at least 6 months. It is very difficult to be rehired after being termed. Best of luck to you.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
bucs277
Earning My Ears

please help

Can anyone help me I am new here and was wondering. I am a former cast member Part time and I called the casting center here in FL and ask about my status and they told me I have a Yes Status and they also told me I do not gotta wait for six month. what do I tell the recruiter I also have an interview on Wednesday advice much needed.
bucs277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs277 View Post
Can anyone help me I am new here and was wondering. I am a former cast member Part time and I called the casting center here in FL and ask about my status and they told me I have a Yes Status and they also told me I do not gotta wait for six month. what do I tell the recruiter I also have an interview on Wednesday advice much needed.
Those with a "rehire" rehire-status do not have to wait six months. You really don't have to tell the recruiter or interviewer anything. If they do ask why you left your previous role, don't lie, but explain it in a way that puts you in a good light. Your recruiter and/interviewer will know that you have a positive rehire status. If anything, they'll only ask you about your experience in your previous role and how you could apply it to a new role.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
bucs277
Earning My Ears

Thank you I been nervous since last Thursday about it and I applied for custodial I was let go cause I was vending and I short $6 in sells and that trigged my separation but told me I have a yes too come back anytime I wonder if it will affect me
Old 12-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
bucs277
Earning My Ears

Any advice or tips would help thank you just nervous I wanna go back too Disney and I wonder if I will be back in the company
Old 12-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Musings
Mouseketeer

Please talk to your managers. If you have a legitimate reason about the concerns, don't just ignore them and not turn up to work. It is a difficult program but if you communicate, most are more understanding than you expect.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: