Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Question Grown up guest in princess costume

At the MK a few days ago while waiting for the mid-day parade, there was a grown lady (definitely not a teen) in a princess costume. She looked so ridiculous, and out of place. Just wondered how she got in, or if she changed after entering the park, why didn't security confront her? Never saw anything like this before.

She was chatting with her family/friends as they waited and definitely knew what she was doing. Anyone else see this? We were near Sleepy Hollow snacks.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse
At the MK a few days ago while waiting for the mid-day parade, there was a grown lady (definitely not a teen) in a princess costume. She looked so ridiculous, and out of place. Just wondered how she got in, or if she changed after entering the park, why didn't security confront her? Never saw anything like this before.

She was chatting with her family/friends as they waited and definitely knew what she was doing. Anyone else see this? We were near Sleepy Hollow snacks.
There's a long thread about a mysterious and uncanny Jack Sparrow running around the parks the last few weeks. Saw this guy myself on Star Tours and he was good. Apparently Disney has relaxed their rules regarding this behavior as long as the guests in question adhere to certain rules.

Last edited by mesaboy2; 12-08-2012 at 10:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
There's a long thread about a mysterious and uncanny Jack Sparrow running around the parks the last few weeks. Saw this guy myself on Star Tours and he was good. Apparently Disney has relaxed their rules regarding this behavior as long as the guests in question adhere to certain rules.
Yes, we saw his *look alike* this past week (if this was the same guy). My dh spotted him in a QS place. I guess I was under the impression that the *magical* princesses were a different situation.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Was she wearing a yellow ball gown (old prom type) dress? I saw a woman wearing that last week in the MK. I doubt anyone would confuse her for the real Belle. The only similarity was a yellow colored dress. She looked silly more than anything. If she changed once she got to the park she must have had a large bag to carry that dress in!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I think relaxing the rules is a bad idea.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
Was she wearing a yellow ball gown (old prom type) dress? I saw a woman wearing that last week in the MK. I doubt anyone would confuse her for the real Belle. The only similarity was a yellow colored dress. She looked silly more than anything. If she changed once she got to the park she must have had a large bag to carry that dress in!
That could have been the same one - didn't get a full look at her close - like you say, she looked extremely silly to us.

It looked enough like a *frilly* princess gown that even my dh commented on it.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
jamimb
DIS Veteran

What's the big deal? If this lady was having fun and not bothering anyone and didnt look like she could be confused for a real disney princess why begrudge her a little fun?? Ive seen some interesting fashion choices in the parks but to each his own!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

Pictures of these people, please! C'mon, we're all curious

WDW Commando Club member #220

Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
jamimb
DIS Veteran

I pesonally would love to see the Jack sparrow look alike!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Oh what I wouldn't give to just wander around as Giselle any old day in the parks.....that was SO fun!
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 12-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #11
kaligal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Jeez. If that is true, all the freaks will show up wearing their Princess outfits and animal costumes.
Fantasmic sucks.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamimb
What's the big deal? If this lady was having fun and not bothering anyone and didnt look like she could be confused for a real disney princess why begrudge her a little fun?? Ive seen some interesting fashion choices in the parks but to each his own!
My thoughts exactly! And wearing Mickey ears doesn't look silly??
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Fan View Post
My thoughts exactly! And wearing Mickey ears doesn't look silly??
No.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #14
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Maybe she got her MNSSHP and her MVMCP party mixed up!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
hidingmickey
wuteva

Why can't adults dress up? If the kids can have fun doing it, why not the adults? They do adults at pirate league and BBB? At Pirate league the adults can purchase costumes to wear as well as the kids. I don't believe bbb has adults gowns but kids bring their own in, why can't an adult? It is how she wants to spend her day. Shame it bothers you so much to ruin your day. I hope you don't wear Mickey ears or character garb on your shirt or jacket and someone else judges you for wanting to be in spirit of visiting Disney! How far you want to take that spirit is your choice so long a it doesn't break the rules. You didn't say she was signing autographs and you said (I believe as I cannot look back on my phone) she was surrounded by what appeared to be her family. Maybe she has a developmental delay and kid-like is her norm? How many other silly looking people have your seen at Disney really? Just this one?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: