Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #121
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I hope that your uncle continues to improve. I've been praying for him.

Your pictures of the Dumbo ride and then the shots from the ride are great! I can't wait to see how much has been completed since our last visit.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #122
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, I see why you call them "sniper" pics. Those are some consistently good scores! I know a few of the big targets and managed to get around 400,000 once, but that's been about it. But in my defense, I've usually got DS riding with me and his favorite part is making us spin.

I really like what they've done with the Storybook Circus area and the new Dumbos. It is so much better than the old Dumbo used to be!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #123
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I hope that your uncle continues to improve. I've been praying for him.

Your pictures of the Dumbo ride and then the shots from the ride are great! I can't wait to see how much has been completed since our last visit.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I'm going to do an update on my uncle in just a minute, thanks!

I really liked the new Dumbo and the whole Storybook Circus area. Very well themed and detailed.

Happy New Year to you too, a little late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, I see why you call them "sniper" pics. Those are some consistently good scores! I know a few of the big targets and managed to get around 400,000 once, but that's been about it. But in my defense, I've usually got DS riding with me and his favorite part is making us spin.

I really like what they've done with the Storybook Circus area and the new Dumbos. It is so much better than the old Dumbo used to be!
Thanks, I pretty much only get that high of scores from the one big target in the third room on Zurg's ship. I can understand why it would be hard to get a high score while your DS makes it spin the whole time!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #124
PhoenixStrength

Uncle Update:

So, my uncle is home. While that seems like it may be a good thing, it's really not. He was supposed to check out of the hospital on Monday afternoon (which he did) and move over to a rehab center to stay for a couple weeks at least while he finishes recovering and gets therapy to help him be able to do things on his own.

What actually happened is he checked out of the hospital around 4:30pm on Monday and my aunt drove him to the rehab facility to check-in. They walked in, he looked around the lobby and told the doctor he was not staying there. They couldn't force him to, so my aunt had to take him home. He is not well enough to be home and cannot do ANYTHING at all by himself. My aunt now has to quit her job (since he cannot be left alone for even 5 minutes) and they won't be able to pay their bills, because he didn't want to be at rehab.

I love my uncle very much, but he is one of the most selfish people I know. He doesn't care that my aunt is stressed beyond her breaking point already and doesn't need the added stress of doing everything for him and worrying non-stop about him. He doesn't care that they now won't be able to pay any bills since she can't work and his disability doesn't even cover their mortgage. All he cares about is what he wants, and he wanted to be at home even if it destoys my aunt and cousins for him to be there. He can't walk on his own, feed himself, go to the bathroom unassisted....he is still too weak and shakes constantly so he cannot do anything. And my aunt is at most 100 lbs and 5'2", while he is 6' and about 300 lbs, and she has to help him walk, help him get up from sitting/lying down, hold him up, etc.

Sorry for the rant, it's just very stressful for us all right now. I do love my uncle, but I just wish he had thought of anyone but himself when he refused rehab. He now is basically a huge burden on my aunt, not to mention their 2 grandkids they have custody of that are 16 and 12, and is not going to get any better since he refuses further medical help. My aunt and 2 of her adult daughters (the 3rd being a deadbeat whose kids my aunt is raising) are an absolute mess right now and it's breaking my heart.

Thank you to all of you for the prayers and thoughts, they mean so much!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #125
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh Stephanie, I'm so sorry to hear this. Your uncle's attitude sounds much like my brother-in-law's attitude the last few years before his death. He didn't give a rat's behind if my sister and their children had to work their behinds off to help him out. It wasn't until the last hospitalization that he realized just how selfish he had been. I hope and pray that it doesn't take your uncle that long to come to a similar realization.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #126
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh Stephanie, I'm so sorry to hear this. Your uncle's attitude sounds much like my brother-in-law's attitude the last few years before his death. He didn't give a rat's behind if my sister and their children had to work their behinds off to help him out. It wasn't until the last hospitalization that he realized just how selfish he had been. I hope and pray that it doesn't take your uncle that long to come to a similar realization.
Thank you. He has been like this for the last few years, but slowly getting worse and worse about it. About 2 months ago he got a puppy, even though they cannot afford it and he can't do anything to take care of it. This is the 5th dog he has gotten in the past 2 years, and they have had to get rid of each of them after a few months because my aunt doesn't have the time or money for them, but he just goes and gets another because he wants one. The day before he went in the hospital he invited all 100+ people in their church (which includes the majority of his family) over for Christmas dinner without telling my aunt first, then told her she had to find the $$ for all the food and cook for them all. She wound up telling everyone they could only come if they brought a food dish with them as she wasn't cooking at all, but that all got cancelled when he wound up in the hospital. Unfortunately I don't think he is going to get any better about it. Both of my cousins and both their husbands chewed him out big time while he was in the hospital over what he was putting my aunt thru, and he still did this stunt with refusing rehab. My grandmother is coming down each day to help my aunt with anything she can. But she's almost 80 herself and cannot do any of the physical stuff so she's mainly helping with cooking, laundry, helping the kids with stuff they need, etc, so my aunt can just focus on him.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #127
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle... I'm glad that he made it through his scare, but it is truly a shame how much stress he's putting the rest of his family under by being so stubborn. I hope he comes around to seeing that he's creating a burden on the rest of the family and lets them take him to the rehab center where he can actually get the care he needs.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #128
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stephanie, I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle and his being so stubborn and selfish. Having taken care of my father and seeing what my husband and his family went through with his mother, I know how much stress this can be. And for your Aunt to have to quit her job to take care of him is just beyond ridiculous. I'll keep everyone in my prayers and hope that your uncle wakes up and realizes that he is making things very difficult for all around him.

RIP Genie
Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #129
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle... I'm glad that he made it through his scare, but it is truly a shame how much stress he's putting the rest of his family under by being so stubborn. I hope he comes around to seeing that he's creating a burden on the rest of the family and lets them take him to the rehab center where he can actually get the care he needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stephanie, I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle and his being so stubborn and selfish. Having taken care of my father and seeing what my husband and his family went through with his mother, I know how much stress this can be. And for your Aunt to have to quit her job to take care of him is just beyond ridiculous. I'll keep everyone in my prayers and hope that your uncle wakes up and realizes that he is making things very difficult for all around him.
Thanks, both of you. He is a very loving and giving man in general, but on these health matters he is very selfish and stubborn. I hope he realizes his impact soon too.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #130
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Steph I am glad to hear your uncle has improved health wise but saddened to hear what he is putting your aunt threw. Selfish ppl ruin things really fast. All I can say is be postive and strong for your family. Help them get thru this trying matter. It is a crying shame he can't see what his attitude is doing to hurt the family. I wish you the best.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #131
summerw
Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry things are going that way with your uncle and aunt. I hope it improves soon! Great report. It sounds so relaxing the way you tour the parks. Great pics too!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #132
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Steph I am glad to hear your uncle has improved health wise but saddened to hear what he is putting your aunt threw. Selfish ppl ruin things really fast. All I can say is be postive and strong for your family. Help them get thru this trying matter. It is a crying shame he can't see what his attitude is doing to hurt the family. I wish you the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
I'm so sorry things are going that way with your uncle and aunt. I hope it improves soon! Great report. It sounds so relaxing the way you tour the parks. Great pics too!
Thanks to both of you!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #133
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Thanks to both of you!
I just want to check in! People are difficult and i am sorry your aunt has so much to deal with. I wish her the best. Unfortunately many people do not see the pain they put others through,
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #134
PhoenixStrength

My uncle is back in the hospital. He went in to his regular heart doctor today for a scheduled appointment and his doctor was FURIOUS as he was never notified of everything that happened to my uncle while he was in the hospital, including the heart attack he had. So he ran a bunch of tests and found several clots in my uncle's legs. He was immediately admitted and will have a procedure done in the morning to get rid of them before they kill him. He will be there at least 2 days after the procedure to recover and for them to make sure they got them all. That's if he survives the procedure, as he is extremely sensitive to anesthesia and almost died during his last procedure that needed to be done.

Thanks to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. Seems he needs even more now.

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 01-03-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #135
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I just want to check in! People are difficult and i am sorry your aunt has so much to deal with. I wish her the best. Unfortunately many people do not see the pain they put others through,
Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: