Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #76
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Is it wrong I am excited about my anniversary trip because we will not have kiddos with us and will be able to get through stuff a lot quicker I love your photos, especially from buzz and space mountain. We hardly spent any time in tomorrowland - I think DH and I rode space mountain during MVMCP and that was it. We always go on the people mover and I am semi disappointed we didn't make it over there.

BOG looks awesome this is on my must do list for the next two trips. I wanted to try it this trip but the one day the line was crazy long and we had purchased food to eat in the villa anyway. The themeing looks fantastic and during the day is the scene the same in the ballroom behind the windows? I can't wait for FLE to be fully open - once the mine train is open the flow should be so much better and feel so much larger!
It's not wrong at all! I'm sure you loved having your kids there, but it's nice to have a break and do whatever you want and not have to worry about them too. You'll be able to get more done.

Tomorrowland is my favorite section of MK, as I love Monsters Inc, Space Mountain, Buzz and Peoplemover and can do them all many times each day and never get tired of them!

BOG was wonderful, definitely try to get in your next trips. The scene in the ballroom behind the windows was the night scene with snow falling. You can see the white dots in my picture of the windows, that is the snow. It was really cool. I can't wait for the Mine Train to be open too, both to ride and so the flow will be better and not so bottle-necked going in and out.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #77
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,522

Love your fake Space Mountain picture lol And is the new Fantasyland not breathtaking?! I cried a little bit when I first saw it! You got some really great pictures of it!
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #78
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

It's not wrong at all! I'm sure you loved having your kids there, but it's nice to have a break and do whatever you want and not have to worry about them too. You'll be able to get more done.

Tomorrowland is my favorite section of MK, as I love Monsters Inc, Space Mountain, Buzz and Peoplemover and can do them all many times each day and never get tired of them!

BOG was wonderful, definitely try to get in your next trips. The scene in the ballroom behind the windows was the night scene with snow falling. You can see the white dots in my picture of the windows, that is the snow. It was really cool. I can't wait for the Mine Train to be open too, both to ride and so the flow will be better and not so bottle-necked going in and out.
People think I'm crazy for loving the people mover Our touring was somewhat erratic this trip! I love tomorrowland at night - it's like a totally different place. I couldn't tell 100% if it was snow - I use my phone app mostly and it's harder on the small screen! So far loving the updates!
SAT887 is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #79
unbrelievable
Mouseketeer
 
unbrelievable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 80

I thought I had subscribed, but I guess not! No matter, joining in now! I have to say I'm infinitely jealous you got to eat at BOG! That cupcake is really pink, I love it! And who doesn't always have room for cupcakes?
unbrelievable is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #80
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Love your fake Space Mountain picture lol And is the new Fantasyland not breathtaking?! I cried a little bit when I first saw it! You got some really great pictures of it!
I like to have fun with my Ride photos! New Fantasyland is definitely breathtaking! I love how incredibly detailed it is, including the attraction lines. The line for Little Mermaid is fantasticly detailed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
People think I'm crazy for loving the people mover Our touring was somewhat erratic this trip! I love tomorrowland at night - it's like a totally different place. I couldn't tell 100% if it was snow - I use my phone app mostly and it's harder on the small screen! So far loving the updates!
I really enjoy the Peoplemover. It's not a thrill ride by any means, but you get nice views of that whole side of MK and it's great after you eat and need something calmer to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrelievable View Post
I thought I had subscribed, but I guess not! No matter, joining in now! I have to say I'm infinitely jealous you got to eat at BOG! That cupcake is really pink, I love it! And who doesn't always have room for cupcakes?
Glad you joined in, no matter when it is. I was actually kind of shocked I got into BOG when I saw the doors closed as I walked up. And I agree, there is always room for cupcakes, especially ones that yummy!!! :
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #81
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,044

I don't blame you for heading into MK instead of more resorts. I'm not sure I could walk by that entrance and not go in!

I loved the Mickey shaped wreaths on Main Street.

Awesome that you got into BOG. Mom and I didn't make it. The line was 45 minutes and we only had one day at MK and didn't want to take that much time for lunch. I will eat there next time!

I think I found the target you were talking about on Buzz. I somehow ended up with 477,000 when we rode and most of the score was from the beginning of the ride. I've never gotten above 100,000 before that. How do you get a picture of the score with the blinking lights? I tried several times but it just kept coming out blank. Probably because you have a better camera!
Pluto0809 is online now  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #82
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I don't blame you for heading into MK instead of more resorts. I'm not sure I could walk by that entrance and not go in!

I loved the Mickey shaped wreaths on Main Street.

Awesome that you got into BOG. Mom and I didn't make it. The line was 45 minutes and we only had one day at MK and didn't want to take that much time for lunch. I will eat there next time!

I think I found the target you were talking about on Buzz. I somehow ended up with 477,000 when we rode and most of the score was from the beginning of the ride. I've never gotten above 100,000 before that. How do you get a picture of the score with the blinking lights? I tried several times but it just kept coming out blank. Probably because you have a better camera!
Yeah, I really wanted to go into the park. And, to be honest, I also didn't feel good and didn't feel like anymore travel that day either!

My parents actually went to WDW the week before I did, and they also didn't make it in BOG because of the line wrapping around to Gaston's. I don't know how I got so lucky that there was no line.

Good for you that you got a higher score! I think getting the picture of the score is a mix of good camera (my old one couldn't take pictures of screens like that) and timing! I sometimes wind up with blank screen pics too, and have to take multiple to get a good one!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #83
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,104

Great update. Thanks for the secret on Buzz; maybe I'll finally beat Mark one of these days. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures when we went to dinner at BOG, so I'm glad you posted so many (we got seated within 10 minutes and I didn't want to bother al the dinner diners taking pictures.

Sorry your tummy was bothering you, but glad it got better so you could so SM. Great picture from the ride.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #84
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran
 
heaven2dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: California
Posts: 3,352

Really enjoying your TR! Great pics of the new Fantasyland and Be Our Guest restaurant You inspired me to start planning a family trip for next year this time for my kids and grandkids (if I can get everyone together, that is - if not, then a solo trip for me!).
__________________
The "C" Family
DM DS36 DGD2 DGbaby::: DD34 DGS6 DGD1 DS31 DS27 DS20


WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #85
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update. Thanks for the secret on Buzz; maybe I'll finally beat Mark one of these days. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures when we went to dinner at BOG, so I'm glad you posted so many (we got seated within 10 minutes and I didn't want to bother al the dinner diners taking pictures.

Sorry your tummy was bothering you, but glad it got better so you could so SM. Great picture from the ride.
You're very welcome! I actually told one of the CMs that work the ride about that one while getting my PP+ card scanned. She was telling some guys in front of me about some of the other good spots that get 25K per hit, and I told her about that one.

I understand not wanting to disturb dinner guests taking pictures. Since so many people are in and out during lunchtime it was easy to do so, and everyone else was doing that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Really enjoying your TR! Great pics of the new Fantasyland and Be Our Guest restaurant You inspired me to start planning a family trip for next year this time for my kids and grandkids (if I can get everyone together, that is - if not, then a solo trip for me!).
and thanks! Glad I inspired another trip. And I'm sure whether it's a family trip or solo you will have a great time!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #86
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,991



I'm asking for prayers for my uncle. His health has been bad for many years. In fact in 2009 he was told he had 2 months tops to live and he has been going still for another 13 years. He has diabetes, heart problems, is very overweight, kidneys failed, colon cancer, lung issues and other problems.

While I was in WDW I got a call that he was in the hospital and not expected to make it. They found that his liver has also completely failed. He managed to get well enough to come home after a few days.

This morning he was so weak he couldn't move and my aunt had to rush him to the ER. He was admitted and they found his red blood count was extremely low. About 30 minutes ago my cousin called saying my aunt called her, hysterical, saying he was coding and they forced her to leave the room and took her to a grieving room and told her to call her pastor as he probably won't pull thru this time. They are working on him now and my Mother is heading up to the hospital to be with my aunt so she isn't alone. Her daughters are all out of state right now (2 live out of state in GA and NC, and another is 3 hours away at her husband's family's house for the holidays, though she is heading back now). He has already had dozens of miracles and we've been told many times he won't pull thru and he has, but this is the worst his health has ever been.

His name is Otis, though he has gone by Bubba since he was a kid since he is a Junior and that was what his family nicknamed him to keep him and his father straight. Thank you for any prayers and positive, healing thoughts you can send him.

__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #87
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I'm asking for prayers for my uncle. His health has been bad for many years. In fact in 2009 he was told he had 2 months tops to live and he has been going still for another 13 years. He has diabetes, heart problems, is very overweight, kidneys failed, colon cancer, lung issues and other problems.

While I was in WDW I got a call that he was in the hospital and not expected to make it. They found that his liver has also completely failed. He managed to get well enough to come home after a few days.

This morning he was so weak he couldn't move and my aunt had to rush him to the ER. He was admitted and they found his red blood count was extremely low. About 30 minutes ago my cousin called saying my aunt called her, hysterical, saying he was coding and they forced her to leave the room and took her to a grieving room and told her to call her pastor as he probably won't pull thru this time. They are working on him now and my Mother is heading up to the hospital to be with my aunt so she isn't alone. Her daughters are all out of state right now (2 live out of state in GA and NC, and another is 3 hours away at her husband's family's house for the holidays, though she is heading back now). He has already had dozens of miracles and we've been told many times he won't pull thru and he has, but this is the worst his health has ever been.

His name is Otis, though he has gone by Bubba since he was a kid since he is a Junior and that was what his family nicknamed him to keep him and his father straight. Thank you for any prayers and positive, healing thoughts you can send him.
SAT887 is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #88
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Thinking of him, and you & your family.
ronnmel is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #89
partyof2
Colette
 
partyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 232

Praying for Otis and your familiy. What an awful thing to be going through at this time of year.
__________________
First visit >> Oct 2010 - Age 26!
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!



partyof2 is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #90
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,961

Prayers for your family... Hoping for the best.
afwdwfan is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.