Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #496
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I haven't eaten at Peco Bills yet but I have a feeling we'll end up there in Oct. DH is a big burger lover and when I mention that fixing bar to him I think it will win out over any other CS.

What an awesome interaction with Jack Sparrow. And only a short wait to see him! He's one that's on my list to meet at Halloween party if he's out. I really need to start researching the Halloween party so I know what we are doing in October!

I loved the Wishes pictures through the trees from Adventureland.

I wonder if the friends of Tiana and Naveen have to memorize the food specialties of the different states. It seems like they always know what food to discuss with people meeting with them.

Cute pictures with the Pooh gang. Thank goodness for the CM that stopped people from cutting in front of you.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #497
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great firework pics!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #498
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I haven't eaten at Peco Bills yet but I have a feeling we'll end up there in Oct. DH is a big burger lover and when I mention that fixing bar to him I think it will win out over any other CS.

What an awesome interaction with Jack Sparrow. And only a short wait to see him! He's one that's on my list to meet at Halloween party if he's out. I really need to start researching the Halloween party so I know what we are doing in October!

I loved the Wishes pictures through the trees from Adventureland.

I wonder if the friends of Tiana and Naveen have to memorize the food specialties of the different states. It seems like they always know what food to discuss with people meeting with them.

Cute pictures with the Pooh gang. Thank goodness for the CM that stopped people from cutting in front of you.
Pecos Bills has a great fixins bar, and it's what sold me on trying there. What other CS has salsa being cooked for you, sauted onions, sauted mushrooms and fresh veggies?? I love it!!

Jack Sparrow was great! The line was pretty long by the time I got done with him. He meets right beside PoTC, but comes and goes during the party so you can ask the CMs there when he will be out and then be there at least 10 minutes early to get in line!

I wonder about that with Tiana and Naveen too!

The funny thing was that the CM was talking to me and the couple in front of me, so what were those people thinking trying to cut in line RIGHT in front of the CM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great firework pics!
Thank you!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #499
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Yum, taco salad!

I can see why people would want to meet Jack Sparrow and why his line gets so long. That is so funny the story he told you, and the fact that he acted it out! You're so lucky!!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #500
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yum, taco salad!

I can see why people would want to meet Jack Sparrow and why his line gets so long. That is so funny the story he told you, and the fact that he acted it out! You're so lucky!!
I really love that taco salad! The fixins bar ensures it's perfect for me

Jack was terrific!!! He was by far my best interaction I've had with a character. He was perfectly in character with the story, his mannerisms, and him running around pretending to run from Raja was hilarious. I forgot to mention in the update that he "forgot" Jasmine and Raja's names and was giving me funny clues for who he was talking about. Jasmine was a weird scent-thing and a flower, before I realized who he meant and asked him if he meant Jasmine and he told me I was right. And he kept calling Raja the overgrown kitty!

Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #501
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I really love that taco salad! The fixins bar ensures it's perfect for me

Jack was terrific!!! He was by far my best interaction I've had with a character. He was perfectly in character with the story, his mannerisms, and him running around pretending to run from Raja was hilarious. I forgot to mention in the update that he "forgot" Jasmine and Raja's names and was giving me funny clues for who he was talking about. Jasmine was a weird scent-thing and a flower, before I realized who he meant and asked him if he meant Jasmine and he told me I was right. And he kept calling Raja the overgrown kitty!
I'm even more jealous now! Jack sounds so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #502
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm even more jealous now! Jack sounds so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Definitely see him whenever you go next!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #503
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

wow between yesterday and today I read it all ,i couldn't stop it was like a good book I couldn't put down!!! hi Stephanie

Old 03-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #504
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
wow between yesterday and today I read it all ,i couldn't stop it was like a good book I couldn't put down!!! hi Stephanie
Hi!! You weren't kidding when you said you were reading it all quickly! Glad you joined in, and thanks!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #505
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oooh what I wouldn't give for something, anything, topped off by the fixin's bar at Peco Bill's! Love love love everything from there.

What great meet-and-greets with the characters especially with Jack Sparrow. Do you watch Project Runway? A few seasons back, one of the contestants used to be Jack Sparrow at Walt Disney World.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #506
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oooh what I wouldn't give for something, anything, topped off by the fixin's bar at Peco Bill's! Love love love everything from there.

What great meet-and-greets with the characters especially with Jack Sparrow. Do you watch Project Runway? A few seasons back, one of the contestants used to be Jack Sparrow at Walt Disney World.
Me too! And I only tried eating there for the first time a couple trips ago because of you! The pictures of the fixins on your TR made me want to try it, and I'm so glad I did.

No I don't, but that's cool!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #507
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry...I fell a little behind. I'm glad you and Steve got to spend some time together and that he was "bitten by the bug" about Disney. Amazing he knew so little about it and you filled him in on all the magic.

What great character interaction with Jack Sparrow. Those are awesome pictures.

You got some really great Holiday Wishes pictures.

I like the picture with Tiana and Naveen, but I really love the one with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #508
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry...I fell a little behind. I'm glad you and Steve got to spend some time together and that he was "bitten by the bug" about Disney. Amazing he knew so little about it and you filled him in on all the magic.

What great character interaction with Jack Sparrow. Those are awesome pictures.

You got some really great Holiday Wishes pictures.

I like the picture with Tiana and Naveen, but I really love the one with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.
I always find it funny when people who live in Florida know nothing about WDW! He has lived in FL over 5 years now and never visited while living less than a 2 hour drive away. I was so happy he loved it and wants to go back!

Jack was great, as were the other characters. I really love my picture with Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger too!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #509
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I really love your fireworks pics! Great pictures of the castle too - I love it at night anxiously awaiting your next update!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #510
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I really love your fireworks pics! Great pictures of the castle too - I love it at night anxiously awaiting your next update!
Thanks! I love the castle at night too, so enchanting with the lights on it.

I'm hoping to get another update tonight. I was going to do it during the day today, but I'm missing a couple pictures so I have to re-upload them when I get home (I really hate new Photobucket!!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: