Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #466
summerw
Mouseketeer

Finally all caught up! The gingerbread cupcake looks so good and I don't even love gingerbread. I had the same experience with Minnie at chef Mickey. Goofy, donald and Mickey were so charming. I think Minnie had someplace to be or something.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #467
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
Finally all caught up! The gingerbread cupcake looks so good and I don't even love gingerbread. I had the same experience with Minnie at chef Mickey. Goofy, donald and Mickey were so charming. I think Minnie had someplace to be or something.
Glad you are caught up!

I'm not a huge gingerbread fan either, though I do like it occasionally. That cupcake was divine though!!

Minnie in Storybook Circus was super sweet and friendly, but at Epcot, not so much.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #468
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That's great that the single rider for EE was short enough to get a couple of rides in. You can never get too much of that one.

I love your animal pictures. You got some really good ones. It would be hard to get a tiger to pose that well for you if you wanted them too. Thank goodness for service dogs.

And I liked your "delicate" description of the bats.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #469
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan
That's great that the single rider for EE was short enough to get a couple of rides in. You can never get too much of that one.

I love your animal pictures. You got some really good ones. It would be hard to get a tiger to pose that well for you if you wanted them too. Thank goodness for service dogs.

And I liked your "delicate" description of the bats.
Thanks, I love EE so I was very happy to get to ride it twice!

That tiger was funny to watch, but the fact that the dog couldn't care less that it was there made it hilarious.

Trying to keep the site family friendly with my bat description!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #470
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

We didn't see DeVine at all this trip. I was a bit disappointed, since Otaku has never seen her.

Your PP pictures are so clear! I wasn't so lucky myself a lot of the times.

at your first EE ride photo. The photo of the stairs really don't look like you are on a roller coaster. I love how you can see Coronado Spring in the SSE picture. It's interesting to see it from above.

I love all your animal stories. How do you approach the CM so they tell you those? What question to you ask them? I feel weird going up to them and say "Hi, what can you tell me about x?"

Your tiger pictures are amazing! And the story that goes with it is so cool.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #471
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
We didn't see DeVine at all this trip. I was a bit disappointed, since Otaku has never seen her.

Your PP pictures are so clear! I wasn't so lucky myself a lot of the times.

at your first EE ride photo. The photo of the stairs really don't look like you are on a roller coaster. I love how you can see Coronado Spring in the SSE picture. It's interesting to see it from above.

I love all your animal stories. How do you approach the CM so they tell you those? What question to you ask them? I feel weird going up to them and say "Hi, what can you tell me about x?"

Your tiger pictures are amazing! And the story that goes with it is so cool.
Awww...too bad Otaku didn't get to see DeVine. My parents have never seen her either, and they've been to WDW 4 times since AK opened, including a week prior to this trip I took!

I kind of forgot to pose for that first EE picture! The stairs are a little weird, as they are comforting to know they are there if there was a problem, but not so comforting to think about there being a problem! I loved that I was able to zoom in and get that view of SSE and the surrounding area too. I always try but never get it zoomed fast enough.

Well, the tiger story I overheard as the CM was explaining to the boy and his family that had the service dog why the tiger was acting that way. The pheasant chicks I just asked as they ran so fast I wasn't sure what I saw and she was standing right next to me. Oh, and the Komodo dragon was another one I overheard a kid asking him what the gender was. But they are there to answer questions and observe the animals, so they don't mind at all if you ask anything. If I don't have a specific question (like I did with the chicks) I usually ask if there is anything unusual or not common knowledge about "X" animal. You should try it, I've never seen any not answer to the best of the knowledge and be very friendly about it.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #472
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures once again at the Animal Kingdom, Stephanie.

Your photopass pictures turned out great.

I can't believe you took pictures while riding EE. But then I can't even imagine riding it.

I would have been like that little girl with the bats...but for another reason... I walk very quickly through there because I don't like bats.

Great pictures of the tiger up close...funny story about that.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #473
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Awww...too bad Otaku didn't get to see DeVine. My parents have never seen her either, and they've been to WDW 4 times since AK opened, including a week prior to this trip I took!

I kind of forgot to pose for that first EE picture! The stairs are a little weird, as they are comforting to know they are there if there was a problem, but not so comforting to think about there being a problem! I loved that I was able to zoom in and get that view of SSE and the surrounding area too. I always try but never get it zoomed fast enough.

Well, the tiger story I overheard as the CM was explaining to the boy and his family that had the service dog why the tiger was acting that way. The pheasant chicks I just asked as they ran so fast I wasn't sure what I saw and she was standing right next to me. Oh, and the Komodo dragon was another one I overheard a kid asking him what the gender was. But they are there to answer questions and observe the animals, so they don't mind at all if you ask anything. If I don't have a specific question (like I did with the chicks) I usually ask if there is anything unusual or not common knowledge about "X" animal. You should try it, I've never seen any not answer to the best of the knowledge and be very friendly about it.

Thanks. I'll try asking some questions next time. We didn't spend much time observing animals this time anyway.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #474
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures once again at the Animal Kingdom, Stephanie.

Your photopass pictures turned out great.

I can't believe you took pictures while riding EE. But then I can't even imagine riding it.

I would have been like that little girl with the bats...but for another reason... I walk very quickly through there because I don't like bats.

Great pictures of the tiger up close...funny story about that.
Thanks!

I was very happy with the PP pictures in AK especially. There weren't any I didn't like.

You and Lisa are both members of the no-pictures-on-EE club! I've been on roller coasters since I was about 5, so they don't phase me at all. If it went upside down I wouldn't try to take pictures, but otherwise it's fine with me!

I remember you saying in your TRs that you don't like bats.

The tiger situation was so cool to see, since it is not a normal thing to happen. And he was right there so pictures were easy. Funny enough the other tiger I took pictures of is in the same enclosure, but didn't care about the dog at all.

Quote:
Thanks. I'll try asking some questions next time. We didn't spend much time observing animals this time anyway.
I'm sure it will go well, and you'll learn at least one new thing.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #475
PhoenixStrength

So, I removed my ticker. Steve and I will be going to WDW soon, but not until sometime in April now and since we don't have exact dates yet I got rid of the ticker for now. It will be added back once we have definitive dates. I'm a little bummed I won't be in Disney for my birthday, with my best friend, but it's a situation out of everyone's control at this point, and it's only put off for a few weeks at most, so I'm fine with it! I'll still be going with him, so it will be fun whenever we go.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #476
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry you won't be at Disney with Steve for your birthday, but happy that you will still be going together at some point.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #477
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well shoot! I wish that you were going for your birthday but, like you said, at least you know that you're going sometime soon.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #478
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry you won't be at Disney with Steve for your birthday, but happy that you will still be going together at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well shoot! I wish that you were going for your birthday but, like you said, at least you know that you're going sometime soon.
Thanks both of you! I'm a little bummed, but knowing we are still going, just a few weeks later, makes it okay!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #479
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

That sucks that you won't be in Disney for your birthday, but the silver lining is that the crowds should be lighter in April since Easter is late March.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #480
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
That sucks that you won't be in Disney for your birthday, but the silver lining is that the crowds should be lighter in April since Easter is late March.
Yup, lighter crowds and MUCH cheaper. No holiday so the per night charge is much less, plus I can take advantage of the Spring Deal for percentage off so it would cost almost 50% less!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: