Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #451
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I hope you find out soon so you can do some planning!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #452
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809
I hope you find out soon so you can do some planning!
Me too! I'm sure I will hear something in the next few days. Good thing is I already have a general idea of what we will do, since I know how many days we are going for at least. I just want the dates so I can get truly excited and count down!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #453
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Great photos as usual!! I am excited that on our October trip I will be able to take a lot of pictures because it will be a munchkin free trip. I think DH might also surprise me with a new camera for Mother's Day We did not see any gorillas when we walked the trail, I was disappointed. However I love walking around all the trails at AK with all the foliage and wild life. Pictures do not do it justice.

And oh my geez! I would be going nuts not knowing what is going on in like 2 weeks!! I hope it all turns out and turns out soon!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #454
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Great photos as usual!! I am excited that on our October trip I will be able to take a lot of pictures because it will be a munchkin free trip. I think DH might also surprise me with a new camera for Mother's Day We did not see any gorillas when we walked the trail, I was disappointed. However I love walking around all the trails at AK with all the foliage and wild life. Pictures do not do it justice.

And oh my geez! I would be going nuts not knowing what is going on in like 2 weeks!! I hope it all turns out and turns out soon!!!
Thanks! I love the trails at AK too, so beautiful. Bummer you didn't see the gorillas last time, but yay for being able to take more pictures this trip!

I'm just repeating over and over that it will all be fine, and I will find out as soon as everyone else knows.....

Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #455
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I would be going nuts if I was going in two weeks and had no plans yet.

I hope you hear something soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #456
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I would be going nuts if I was going in two weeks and had no plans yet.

I hope you hear something soon.
I'm already a little nuts, so maybe that's why I'm so calm still? I am sure I will hear something very soon!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #457
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Still no news? Nuttin' at all?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #458
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Still no news? Nuttin' at all?
Haven't talked to him since Monday.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #459
PhoenixStrength

DAY FOUR, SUNDAY DECEMBER 2ND, PART THREE

Since I still had plenty of time until I had to leave AK to meet Steve at POP Century I headed down the pathway between Africa and Asia next, stopping at a PP along the way. First pic is my camera, second and third are PP.

The one from my camera was really dark! I kept walking but didn’t seen DiVine this time. I made it to Asia quickly…

And stopped at another PP! Again, first is my camera, second and third are PP.

Where was I headed next? Here of course!

On the way I got a picture of a Siamang

Then I headed over to the Singer Rider entrance…

And there were only a few people in front of me. I was soon put with a younger boy (maybe 14-ish) who was not at all happy that he couldn’t ride alone. He grumbled in line to his two buddies in the row beside us, but was fine on the ride itself. I took a couple pictures before we headed out.

And some pictures as I rode the roller coaster…I mean train expedition!

If you look closely in the next picture you can see SSE, the Swan and Dolphin hotels, ToT and the Mickey water tower in Backlot Tour, left to right.

More pictures during the ride

Glad I survived that! And I even have a picture to prove it!

Okay, maybe not the best ride photo! I wanted a better one, so I figured I’d tempt fate and get on again, going thru the Single Rider line once again. There was almost no line there again so I was put next to a teenage boy who was there with his brother and father. We made the front row and they were behind us. I took a picture of our front row, and another of the backpacks and such since the one on the first time around didn’t turn out great.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 03-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #460
PhoenixStrength

I took more pictures along this ride, though not as many. First up, a shot pointing right as you go up the main hill (not much to see here!)

And another one off the left side, with a close-up of SSE too.

The only other picture I took this time:

And my ride photo this time, which still didn’t turn out great, but at least you can see my bad acting skills!

I kind of wanted to ride a third time, but I was running out of time and knew I wanted to do the Jungle Trek before I left, so I headed that way instead.

First up, the Komodo dragon! I think it was on Lisa’s TR (I could be wrong) where they were wondering the gender of it, and the CM there said this one is a male. Don’t know if they have multiple but they have at least one male Komodo Dragon! It was sunning itself but then walked off to the back of the exhibit, so I had good timing.

Next up, the fruit bats.

There was a younger girl there with her Mom who was disgusted by the bats due to…ummm…how to put this delicately….the fact that you don’t need to ask the CM what gender they are, it’s pretty obvious!

Next up was my favorite part of the Jungle Trek, the tigers! This one was pretty mellow, just lying around.

The mural with Hidden Mickey!

The other tiger was not mellow at all. He was VERY interested in someone and was pacing the window, which made close, good pictures pretty easy.

Who was he so interested in, and why???? I think the pictures make it very clear.

He wanted that service dog!!! Actually the CM there said he probably wasn’t stalking it for food reasons, but because he wasn’t used to seeing them and wanted to know what it was and if it posed a risk to him. People he is used to seeing, but not dogs and was feeling territorial! He was the service dog for a teenage boy in a wheelchair, and the kid (and all of us guests really) thought it was hilarious! Especially since the dog barely looked at him, so there was no risk she wanted his territory.

This next area used to have the Bantengs (Indian Cows) but now has Peahens, Peacocks and Cranes instead.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #461
PhoenixStrength

The deer are still there though. Within the view of the tigers, but out of their reach (thankfully!)

Next up was the bird sanctuary. I’ll just let the pictures do the talking here, until the last one.

Last picture from in here, and this one has a cool story, with little photographic evidence. The pheasant in this picture (which is the one in the back, brownish, with the bamboo slightly blocking it) had just hatched 2 baby birds 5 days prior. They are under her in this picture, but right after I snapped it she stood up and they ran behind her into the bamboo and you could no longer see them. I talked to the CM watching her and she told me their age and how many they are. I was apparently pretty lucky to even see them as she said the pheasant had just brought them out of the cover for the first time ever 10 minutes prior.

It was getting close to non at that point, so I decided to head out since I didn’t know how long it would take for a bus to come in the middle of the day. I did pass the Gibbons and took a couple of pictures of them.

I made my way to Discovery Island

I realized I didn’t have any PP pictures yet in front of the Tree of Life, so I headed around there and got in line. There was a family getting their pictures taken, then me. I noticed while waiting that there were now Cotton Top Tamarins there, beside the Garden entrance! They had an indoor and outdoor area with no fencing around them, since they were on a little island.

The fencing you see there just goes around the enclosure, but the door to it was wide open and they were climbing around the trees on their little island and having fun. The only downside was people kept walking directly in front of the PP with her camera and just standing there, not paying attention. She had to tell 4 different groups to please move so she could get that families pictures done. Finally though it was my turn. As usual my camera is the first picture, then the PP’s camera.

I took one quick close-up of the Tree of Life, as she had quite a line at that point

Then I headed out of the park. I did stop at the AK Christmas tree for some pictures. The girl doing the Photopass pictures was trying to be different, but she actually yelled at me at one point to do something fun and entertaining and stop taking boring pictures! Not cool at all. I did do some weird thing to get her to stop it, but didn’t include it here as it turned out weird. Here is my camera, then one from her.

I walked over to the bus stop and wouldn’t you know, the bus showed up within a couple of minutes. We stopped at Blizzard Beach for a second, but no one was exiting or entering so we were on our way again. I was soon on my way to POP Century with a handful of other people.

Quick fact, in case you don’t know, since it is relevant to the next funny bit. The dialogue you hear on the buses (both to and from the parks/DTD and ME) is GPS related. It automatically starts playing at certain set coordinates.

Anyway, so as we pulled onto Century Drive it started the “Hello Everyone” dialogue for welcoming us back to POP Century, etc. Only this time it just said “Hello Everyone” then stopped. Then it said those two words only every 15 seconds all the way to the bus stop at POP Century where we got off. The poor bus driver couldn’t get it to stop and by the time we got off we were all cracking up laughing. It sounds annoying, but was actually hilarious. Some of the kids started saying “Hello” back to it and it was just fun.

I was pretty hungry for lunch at that point. I had purposely not ate in AK in case the buses took a while but since they didn’t I was sad I hadn’t stopped at Flame Tree BBQ. But oh well, I stopped in Everything POP instead and got a chicken tenders meal. It was fine, nothing special but filled me up.

I made my way up to my room next to download the pictures I had taken and get ready for Steve. It was around 1pm at that time, so I figured I had about 45 minutes.

NEXT TIME: SO, I WAS A BAD DIS-ER

Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #462
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I always love your pictures of the animals! The tiger ones are awesome.

That's great that you got to ride in the front on EE, great pictures from up there. I didn't realize that you could ask for the front seat till this last trip. I don't think many people know you can and there was never much of a line. So the second time through with a fast pass, I asked to wait for the front. Not the best idea on such a cold day though. I was seriously crying by the end of the ride from the cold wind. Halfway through I thought I'd lost one of my contacts but it was just makeup running in my eye making it blurry.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #463
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I always love your pictures of the animals! The tiger ones are awesome.

That's great that you got to ride in the front on EE, great pictures from up there. I didn't realize that you could ask for the front seat till this last trip. I don't think many people know you can and there was never much of a line. So the second time through with a fast pass, I asked to wait for the front. Not the best idea on such a cold day though. I was seriously crying by the end of the ride from the cold wind. Halfway through I thought I'd lost one of my contacts but it was just makeup running in my eye making it blurry.
Thanks! I love the animals and could spend a whole week in AK and be perfectly content!

I hadn't requested the front seat for EE, nor did the family I was sat with. No one was requesting it so we got it by default. It was really cool though. I rode in the last row in February of last year, so I've done all over on EE. That's not good though that you had all that wind and cold while you waited!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #464
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yep, that was on my trip report that I wondered whether or not the dragon was male or female. You'll notice that I didn't have to wonder that same thing when it came to the bats. Uh, yeah, it's THAT obvious.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I don't see how ya'll take those good pictures while on Expedition Everest. I'm usually hanging on for dear life.

How neat that you got to see the little baby birds! I love that sort of stuff.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #465
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yep, that was on my trip report that I wondered whether or not the dragon was male or female. You'll notice that I didn't have to wonder that same thing when it came to the bats. Uh, yeah, it's THAT obvious.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I don't see how ya'll take those good pictures while on Expedition Everest. I'm usually hanging on for dear life.

How neat that you got to see the little baby birds! I love that sort of stuff.
I thought it was you! And yes, no need to ask the gender on the fruit bats!

I don't hold on at all, so it's pretty easy for me to take pictures on EE.

I was just about to walk away when she stood up and I saw the chicks. They were so tiny and adorable!!! I was really happy I was one of only a few people that had seen them so far.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: