Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #436
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809

It must have been fairly recent. They were definitely there on 2/28. There was a young kid in the booths and I stood there for a minute wishing I knew the number so I could call.
I think the first post was 3/6 saying they weren't receiving calls. You could still make calls from them, but they weren't allowing incoming calls anymore. I think the FB post of them being removed completely was yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

Jesse is going to be so disappointed! He got such a kick out of trying to get someone to answer.
Maybe they are just being replaced with newer ones or repairing those ones??? I hope that's the case.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #437
PhoenixStrength

DAY FOUR, SUNDAY DECEMBER 2ND, PART TWO

When I got done with Kilimanjaro Safari I headed next door to the Pagani Forest Exploration Trail.

The Black and White Colobus Monkeys were huddled in the top corner, but I managed to get one good picture of them.

Then the backside of the Okapi habitat you see while on KS.

I headed into the bird sanctuary next, and took a bunch of pictures. I’ll just post them all for you to see.

The pretty fish in the Hippo enclosure

Then my favorite part of this trail, the Gorillas! There were several against the window, including the baby. This also meant there were a ton of people there, so the pictures didn’t turn out great.

The baby was having a blast running around and playing.

At one point she put that green bucket over her head and was running all around. Of course she couldn’t see so she ran head first into the glass and it fell off. She decided then that it was a good idea to leave it off. I didn’t get a picture as everyone crowded even closer the glass when she did it and I couldn’t get a shot of her.

I went around the corner next to the outside portion of the Gorilla exhibit and there were a few males out.

Once I finished walking thru Pagani it was within the time window for my Fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safari, so I headed back over there.

I made it right to the merge of the FP and stand-by line and then it was a line. Not far at all, I could see the vehicles from there but it took about 5 minutes to get on. But during those 5 minutes I got a text from Steve. He apologized for not texting me the previous night (he fell asleep as soon as he got home, and I believe that as he can fall asleep in 2 seconds) and asking what I was doing that day. I told him I was at Animal Kingdom at the moment and he said he could leave his place in about 2 hours (it was 10am then) and stay until about 7pm if that was okay with me. I knew he wouldn’t get to WDW until 1:45ish and figured a park wouldn’t make much sense with only having 5 hours, so I told him I’d meet him at POP Century and we’d figure out something to do from there. He said that was fine so I sent him the address for POP, instructions where to park and told him I’d see him soon.

Since I still had a few hours before I needed to be at POP Century to meet him I got on KS. My guide for the second ride was a female, whose name I can’t remember, and was very good too. I was sitting in the front row with a nice couple who had never done it before.

Once again I will just post a bunch of the pictures I took with very little “talking” in between!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #438
PhoenixStrength

More animals!

The Patterson’s Eland was in the same exact spot and I FINALLY managed to get a picture of him without all the sunlight streaking it!

More savannah animals.

We got stopped for a minute in this area, as two of the giraffes walked right in front of our truck and SLOWLY crossed over. But I was able to get a bunch more pictures while we waited.

The baboons were next, and the baby was out this time

Then the elephants. One of the teenagers and one of the babies (there are two of each now) were right up at the water, but they weren’t drinking it, they were taking the sand around it and throwing it on their backs. A sand bath!

The flamingos were up next

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #439
PhoenixStrength

The Cheetahs and Lions were still lying around.

Two types of antelopes (with Ostriches in the background of the second picture) and the warthog with her babies

And then back to the Zebras. Some were out eating, while some of them were hiding just inside the tree line, where I could still get pictures of them.

NEXT TIME: ASIA AND PICTURES!

Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #440
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Love love love the latest updates! I could wander around looking at the animals all day long. I especially like the gorilla viewing areas.

I'm happy to hear that you'll get to spend some time with your friend finally.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #441
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can never get shots of the birds when we go on the trail. You got some great shots of the male gorillas.

You promised more giraffe pictures...and those were great!

But I have to say I really love the picture of the two hippos, where one is laying on top of the other.

And so happy that Steve called and was coming to join you for a few hours.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #442
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Great safari pics!! I have never been on either of the trails. I havent been able to convince DH to do even more walking.
Yay Steve!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 03-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #443
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm pleasantly surprised at how clear your picture of the fish tank on the Pangani Forest Trail is. Usually everyone's pictures look so dark there.

I'm glad Steve would be able to join you, even if only for a few hours.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #444
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Love love love the latest updates! I could wander around looking at the animals all day long. I especially like the gorilla viewing areas.

I'm happy to hear that you'll get to spend some time with your friend finally.
I knew you would love the gorilla pictures! I could wander around the trails too.

The update with Steve will come soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can never get shots of the birds when we go on the trail. You got some great shots of the male gorillas.

You promised more giraffe pictures...and those were great!

But I have to say I really love the picture of the two hippos, where one is laying on top of the other.

And so happy that Steve called and was coming to join you for a few hours.
I got a lot of not-so-good pictures of the birds too, they move so fast!

I took a ton of giraffe pictures, just for you! And I loved that hippo picture too, it was so cute to see.

I was quite happy when I talked to Steve finally as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Great safari pics!! I have never been on either of the trails. I havent been able to convince DH to do even more walking.
Yay Steve!!
Thanks. You definitely need to walk the trails, there are so many incredible animals there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised at how clear your picture of the fish tank on the Pangani Forest Trail is. Usually everyone's pictures look so dark there.

I'm glad Steve would be able to join you, even if only for a few hours.
It can be really difficult to get pictures of that fish tank, the glass, sun reflecting, etc have resulted in some bad pictures from me too!

I wanted him to be able to spend more time, but I was happy to at least see him for a few hours!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #445
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

A lot of great animal pictures!

The gorillas are always fun to watch, but you're right... it always seems to be packed around the glass there and hard to see. I'm sure it was great to see the baby gorilla running around and playing with the bucket.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #446
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Great animal pictures as usual! My favorite this time is the two Hippos sleeping.

Seeing the baby Gorilla with the bucket on her head must have been awesome!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #447
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
A lot of great animal pictures!

The gorillas are always fun to watch, but you're right... it always seems to be packed around the glass there and hard to see. I'm sure it was great to see the baby gorilla running around and playing with the bucket.
Thanks!

It was very packed there but the CM was keeping everyone back far enough where you could still see from a few people back. But once the baby stuck the bucket on her head that poor CM didn't stand a chance and everyone crowded up. It was pretty funny to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Great animal pictures as usual! My favorite this time is the two Hippos sleeping.

Seeing the baby Gorilla with the bucket on her head must have been awesome!
I really like that one too!

It was funny. I swear you could see the adult gorillas around her rolling their eyes at her when she ran into the glass!

Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #448
PhoenixStrength

UPCOMING TRIP NON-UPDATE

So I'm calling this a non-update as there is not really anything new to say, but figured I'd say something!

I talked to Steve on Sunday, and he still has no idea what is going on. He is waiting on someone else to tell him what's going on with them, and once he finds that out he will know when he will be free. He still hasn't heard from that person so we still can't book anything. The only good thing is that what he may have to do is supposed to start this weekend, so he will know in the next few days. The planner in me is going nuts though, as I may be potentially checking in to CBR in 2 weeks, but have no reservations or set plans yet!!! I just keep hoping every time my phone goes off that it is him and we can plan something! But irregardless I know I will be in FL sometime soon, so that helps.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #449
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I am with you.....the planner in me would be going Hopefully, you'll hear something definitive soon!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #450
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I am with you.....the planner in me would be going Hopefully, you'll hear something definitive soon!
I'm trying to keep calm and not stress about it as I know I know WDW well so I don't need to plan much. But I also just want to know for sure when I'm going so I can get truly excited about counting down.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: