Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #31
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm joining in!! My parents are hoping to move to the Bradenton/Sarasota area soon! They have a timeshare on Anna Maria Island now! It is such a beautiful place!!

We just got back form our first Disney vacation, so I'm still in the post-Disney depression stage I'll be starting my trip report next week, probably. I would LOVE to take a solo trip sometime!! (I like doing things by myself! LOL)

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
Hi! I'm joining in!! My parents are hoping to move to the Bradenton/Sarasota area soon! They have a timeshare on Anna Maria Island now! It is such a beautiful place!!

We just got back form our first Disney vacation, so I'm still in the post-Disney depression stage I'll be starting my trip report next week, probably. I would LOVE to take a solo trip sometime!! (I like doing things by myself! LOL)
So glad to have you join in! Anna Maria Island is gorgeous! I'd love to move there but it's a little too expensive on the island, so I'll just have to visit once I move down there!

Let me know once you start your TR and I'll join in! I understand the post-Disney depression, I'm missing it too.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #33
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Joining in !! 39 days til my first solo trip!! Can't wait to see more

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #34
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMO View Post
Joining in !! 39 days til my first solo trip!! Can't wait to see more
You will love your first solo trip, they are a lot of fun!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
PhoenixStrength

Hello all! My Photopass CD came today, so I'm uploading those to Photobucket right now. I need at least one picture off that for my next update, so I'll start on that as soon as they finish uploading and get it posted

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #36
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
Hello all! My Photopass CD came today, so I'm uploading those to Photobucket right now. I need at least one picture off that for my next update, so I'll start on that as soon as they finish uploading and get it posted

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I'm waiting!!!

I'm also waiting for my CD too :D any day now!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #37
PhoenixStrength

DAY ONE, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29TH, PART THREE

Once the bus made it thru the gates and dropped as off at the MK stop, I headed here:

To resort hop on the Monorail resorts and see the holiday decorations. I had never been in ANY of the Monorail resorts before either, so I was excited to see inside of them.

**Before I post anymore pictures I want to post something I meant to post before I started the TR, after the introduction. I was sick this entire trip with a sinus infection. Not a bad one, but just enough to be annoying and cause me to tire out faster than I normally would. Because of this I didn't get as much done as I normally would on a WDW trip, and I rushed thru some things that I just didn't feel like spending as much time on as I thought I would. I still enjoyed the trip, but I wish I hadn't been sick the whole time!! **

Back to the TR. When I walked up the ramp to the Resort Monorail it was already there. The driver held it while I got on, then we left and headed to the Contemporary.

As we pulled closer I saw the first of their decorations, on the outside of the building.

And I got a shot of their Christmas tree that they have in front of the resort.

I took a few pictures of the inside of the Contemporary once I got off.

Then made my way down to look at their holiday display:

I couldn't believe the ingredients that went into making that tree display!

After a few minutes of looking at them, I headed back up to the monorail and we made our way over to the Polynesian (after a quick stop at the TTC).

While the resort itself is gorgeous, I wasn't overly impressed with the holiday decorations. They weren't bad, but nothing too special either.

I headed back to the Monorail and off to the Grand Floridian next. On the way to the stop I took a picture of the construction of their new DVC section.

I was soon in the Grand Floridian. It is so elegant and absolutely gorgeous inside, that it is intimidating!! I don't know that I'd ever stay there. If it was a hotel outside WDW I would, but I don't know that I got any Disney feel from it, and I like that when I'm staying at WDW. I got my PP+ card here, then took some pictures of their decorations, tree and gingerbread house.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 12-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #38
PhoenixStrength

I got done the Monorail resorts around 12:30pm, then headed here next:

To head to The Wilderness Lodge. I got on the boat at 12:41pm, and arrived at The Wilderness Lodge dock 13 minutes later. A few pictures along the way:

The Avengers Monorail entering The Contemporary:

And more pictures along the boat ride:

I walked down the dock and along the walkway to the back entrance to the lobby, taking pictures along the way of course!

Once inside I enjoyed the decorations, and gorgeous interior.

Their HUGE tree!

And a close-up of some of the decorations on the tree.

They had a Photopass photographer taking pictures for you in front of the tree. She took some with my camera, but they turned out horrible (which unfortunately became a theme this trip). But they ones she took of me with her camera turned out nice.

NEXT TIME: MAGIC KINGDOM FUN!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #39
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Stephanie. I haven't gotten to that part of my TR (well, I've only done the intros thus far ), but I was not impressed at all with the decorations at either the Contemporary or the Polynesian. The Grand Floridian on the otherhand was spectacular. We never made it to WL so I appreciate your pictures of the tree and decorations there.

I'm sorry you felt sick for a good part of your trip...it's never fun to be sick n vacation.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #40
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates, Stephanie. I haven't gotten to that part of my TR (well, I've only done the intros thus far ), but I was not impressed at all with the decorations at either the Contemporary or the Polynesian. The Grand Floridian on the otherhand was spectacular. We never made it to WL so I appreciate your pictures of the tree and decorations there.

I'm sorry you felt sick for a good part of your trip...it's never fun to be sick n vacation.
While I liked the Gingerbread tree at Contemporary, the fact that there was really nothing else decorations wise disappointed me. And I was definitely underwhelmed at Poly too, though the decorations they did have were nice. GF was definitely incredible. WL had some nice decorations, and lots of them like GF did.

I was not happy about being sick, but I was glad that it wasn't too bad and I was still able to go out every day, just at a little slower pace than I normally would. Could have been worse for sure.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #41
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I think I have almost the same pictures as you from the resorts!

We skipped the Poly and I'm glad we did after seeing your pictures. Just not much there to see.

I agree with you that the GF is beautiful but I would never want to stay there. It's just too "stuffy" feeling to me. Now the WL, I would love to stay there if the budget ever allowed it. We were there after dark and I need to go back sometime and see it during the day.

Mom and I got PP pictures with the GF tree, the WL tree, the AK tree and the AKL tree. Those photos turned out to be some of the best. I'm still waiting on my CD, hoping it will come today.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #42
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I think I have almost the same pictures as you from the resorts!

We skipped the Poly and I'm glad we did after seeing your pictures. Just not much there to see.

I agree with you that the GF is beautiful but I would never want to stay there. It's just too "stuffy" feeling to me. Now the WL, I would love to stay there if the budget ever allowed it. We were there after dark and I need to go back sometime and see it during the day.

Mom and I got PP pictures with the GF tree, the WL tree, the AK tree and the AKL tree. Those photos turned out to be some of the best. I'm still waiting on my CD, hoping it will come today.
The Poly is a beautiful resort, but tdid not have much for decorations, that's for sure!

GF is gorgeous, but definitely too stuffy for me. I LOVED the decorations though. The PP was there to take pictures in front of their tree while I was there, and the CM I asked didn't know when they would be.

Definitely check out WL in the light, it is gorgeous. I would definitely stay there if I could afford it, though AKL is my dream resort.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #43
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Aww, sorry you weren't feelling 100% during the trip. But, at least you weren't too sick to enjoy yourself.

I've always wanted to go to Disney at Christmastime and see the decorations at the various resorts. Every time I see a picture of the Grand Floridian Christmas tree, I am amazed at it's size!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #44
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Aww, sorry you weren't feelling 100% during the trip. But, at least you weren't too sick to enjoy yourself.

I've always wanted to go to Disney at Christmastime and see the decorations at the various resorts. Every time I see a picture of the Grand Floridian Christmas tree, I am amazed at it's size!
I took a ton of Airborne all week to keep from getting any sicker, along with sinus meds. I was not thrilled about being sick at all, but definitely glad it wasn't worse than it was and I could still go out each day!

You really should go one year to see the decorations, they are amazing. And MVMCP!! The trees at GF, WL and AKL are all huge!!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #45
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I took a ton of Airborne all week to keep from getting any sicker, along with sinus meds. I was not thrilled about being sick at all, but definitely glad it wasn't worse than it was and I could still go out each day!

You really should go one year to see the decorations, they are amazing. And MVMCP!! The trees at GF, WL and AKL are all huge!!!!
I was sick all week too! MVMCP on 12/2 was pretty tough. I wish we could have done it later in the week when I finally figured out a good routine to take meds...

I told DH he owes me another vacation for getting me and the girls sick, except with DVC that's kinda guaranteed anyway... Hmmm maybe if I price out an additional cash vacation we can do a small add on haha!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: