Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #421
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Osborne pictures look amazing. Wow they are so breath taking. Do you know exactly when they actually starting puttign up those lights? It must take a month or so lol I can't believe they made Dhs look so spectular. I have to admit that that Dhs is my least favorite park but seeing those pictures around cmas time, would defintely change my mind.

Do they play a ton of cmas with the lights flashing? Beside getting a pic with Santa Goofy, are there more characters dressed in Cmas themed outfits? When u hit Dhs, did you basically go that nite to see just the osborne lights and do no rides as well? Great pictures as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #422
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook
Osborne pictures look amazing. Wow they are so breath taking. Do you know exactly when they actually starting puttign up those lights? It must take a month or so lol I can't believe they made Dhs look so spectular. I have to admit that that Dhs is my least favorite park but seeing those pictures around cmas time, would defintely change my mind.

Do they play a ton of cmas with the lights flashing? Beside getting a pic with Santa Goofy, are there more characters dressed in Cmas themed outfits? When u hit Dhs, did you basically go that nite to see just the osborne lights and do no rides as well? Great pictures as well.
DHS has two of my favorite rides in all of WDW, ToT and RnRC. I can't say any of the parks are my favorite, or least favorite. I love them all for different reasons.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they get all of Osborne lights up in one night. I know they do all the decorations for the other three parks in one all-nighter per park, so I'd think they do for DHS too.

They have a rotation of 8-9 songs they play during the night, with breaks in between where a fake radio show talks about the lights, giving facts and history on them. Santa Goofy was the only character there, and this was the first year they had any characters at Osborne at all.

If you look to the previous updates I did I spent the whole day at DHS, doing rides all day before seeing Osborne lights at 6, when they started. But I did arrive that morning knowing I was skipping Fantasmic and seeing Osborne lights instead!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #423
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

First of all, yay for a possible trip in 19 days! Even though I just came back, i'm jealous.

So glad that you got some good news on Sweetie. As for the UTI, hopefully the new medicine will clear it up. My Eddie gets those all the time and sometimes needs two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of the infection.

Your Pooh from the Animation Academy is so good. I finally tried it this time, I got to draw Pascal from Tangled. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely be doing it again.

I found the new Pirates experience to be very strange. I still haven't decided what to think of it. It's not something that I will be rushing back to see again that's for sure.

I've only stood in the Single Rider line once on RnRC. I watched people get in the standby line after me that got on the ride before I did. I think it's very hit or miss since it depends on how many single riders go through the regular line.

Love your ride photos for both RnRC and TOT.

That's funny that you went to Pizza Planet for both meals. I never made it there this time. I got extremely nauseous (to the point were I really thought I was going to lose my breakfast for a few minutes) on Star Tours and didn't think Pizza would be the best option. I ended up with Chicken Tenders from Backlot Express. I have no idea what happened with Star Tours as I had no problem last time.

The Osborne Lights are so beautiful! I found the Streets of America kind of boring this time without them.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #424
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
All caught up!

First of all, yay for a possible trip in 19 days! Even though I just came back, i'm jealous.

So glad that you got some good news on Sweetie. As for the UTI, hopefully the new medicine will clear it up. My Eddie gets those all the time and sometimes needs two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of the infection.

Your Pooh from the Animation Academy is so good. I finally tried it this time, I got to draw Pascal from Tangled. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely be doing it again.

I found the new Pirates experience to be very strange. I still haven't decided what to think of it. It's not something that I will be rushing back to see again that's for sure.

I've only stood in the Single Rider line once on RnRC. I watched people get in the standby line after me that got on the ride before I did. I think it's very hit or miss since it depends on how many single riders go through the regular line.

Love your ride photos for both RnRC and TOT.

That's funny that you went to Pizza Planet for both meals. I never made it there this time. I got extremely nauseous (to the point were I really thought I was going to lose my breakfast for a few minutes) on Star Tours and didn't think Pizza would be the best option. I ended up with Chicken Tenders from Backlot Express. I have no idea what happened with Star Tours as I had no problem last time.

The Osborne Lights are so beautiful! I found the Streets of America kind of boring this time without them.
Welcome back! I hope you had a great trip.

I hope this double round of Clavamox gets rid of her UTI this time!

Isn't the Animation Academy great? It's fun and you leave with a free souvenir that you created. And I agree about the Pirates experience, it isn't something I'll rush to see again or wait in a long line for at all.

I almost always do the Single Rider line for RnRC and I've never had an issue with the line being that bad!

Too bad Star Tours made you sick and you couldn't enjoy PP.

I'm sure Streets of America are pretty boring to walk down without all those beautiful lights up

Old 03-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #425
PhoenixStrength

DAY FOUR, SUNDAY DECEMBER 2ND, PART ONE

*** Before I start this day I realized I forgot something important at the end of the previous day. As I was walking out of DHS I text Steve to ask him if he had gotten everything done that day, and was going to be able to join me the next day. He text me back that some buddies of his had taken him out (his birthday was that Monday) and he would text me a little later about it. He never text me. ***

I “woke up” around 7am on Sunday. I put that in quotations as I barely slept all night and finally got up when the wake-up call came thru at 7. I was really dragging that morning and finally finished my shower and ate a granola bar then made it to the bus stop at 8:24am. I was going here today:

I had just missed the bus and another one didn’t come until 8:44am. But at least the weather was nice while I waited!

The bus was full but not packed, and we pulled up to AK at 8:59am. I walked quickly to the entrance, though I did take a couple pictures on the way in.

I made it right thru the gates and headed to Discovery Island. I took a quick picture of the Tree of Life and some birds hanging out on the structures. No stopping though as I wanted to get to my first destination quickly!

Anyone who has read my previous PTR/TR can probably guess where I headed first. But if you don’t know I’ll show you my route!

I was headed to Kilimanjaro Safari! I got a Fastpass for later and then got in line. The sign said this:

But it was wrong as I walked right on. My guide was Carl and he was very good. Funny and full of knowledge on the attraction and species of animals. This next part will be mostly pictures so enjoy, and if you have any questions about the animals in them, ask! I’m pretty darn knowledgeable about them too!

This next picture is hilarious, in that it turned out like this. I took four pictures of this particular Patterson’s Eland on this ride, and every single one turned out with these streaks of light across them. They looked fine on my display before I hit the button to actually take it, but turned out with the streaks each time. But I’m posting it anyway!

The giraffes were very close to the trail so we got lots of great pictures.

And more animal pictures!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #426
PhoenixStrength

And more animal pictures!

Uh Oh, time to cross the rickety bridge, only held together with some ropes!

Thank goodness we made it across in one piece, even though it got a bit shaky for a second. And on the other side were some elephants, including babies!

And then some flamingos. The second picture was me trying to be artsy with their reflections!

Then the big cats that are on the safari. They were all feeling very sleepy still!

The warthog with her babies.

Ibex

And the new ending with the zebras.

Do you know how to tell if a zebra is black with white stripes, or white with black stripes? Look at theie muzzle/nose area! What color that is shows what color they are. This breed of zebra is black with white stripes!

I exited the safari and walked thru the exit line. Where to go to next??

NEXT TIME: SHE HAS A BUCKET ON HER HEAD!!

Old 03-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #427
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Awesome pictures of the animals as usual! I particularly like the one that's a little blurry with the deer creature ( yeah, still don't know the names) looking right at you.

Also the one with the Lion and his leg in the air is too funny. My dog Alex sleeps like that sometimes.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #428
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Great photos!! Both my daughter and I enjoyed them Zoey liked your zebra pictures best.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #429
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809
Awesome pictures of the animals as usual! I particularly like the one that's a little blurry with the deer creature ( yeah, still don't know the names) looking right at you.

Also the one with the Lion and his leg in the air is too funny. My dog Alex sleeps like that sometimes.
Thanks, and that's a Greater Kudu.

When I was a kid we had a Lab that slept on his back with all four feet in the air. Ironically his name was Simba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Great photos!! Both my daughter and I enjoyed them Zoey liked your zebra pictures best.
Thanks! I'm glad Zoey enjoyed them too

Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #430
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Those birds you saw close to the Tree of Life must be the birds we saw sleeping in the trees. There are so many of them!!!

The lion sure looks comfortable. At least his leg is hiding the part that would not be suitable for yound children to see.

You did a really good job with your artsy photo of the flamingos' reflection.

That's great that you had a good guide. I love learning more about animals, but I would never know what questions to ask.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #431
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stephanie, you got some great photos on the safari...especially of my favorite -- the giraffes.

Love your picture of the Tree of Life too. I always see those birds when we eat at Flame Tree begging for food.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #432
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Those birds you saw close to the Tree of Life must be the birds we saw sleeping in the trees. There are so many of them!!!

The lion sure looks comfortable. At least his leg is hiding the part that would not be suitable for yound children to see.

You did a really good job with your artsy photo of the flamingos' reflection.

That's great that you had a good guide. I love learning more about animals, but I would never know what questions to ask.
The birds are Ibis, and are pretty common in Florida. There are a lot of them in the parks!

The lion did look like he was quite comfy, and he kept my picture rated "G"!

Thanks! I think we had to stop there for a few seconds due to the truck in front of us stopping, so it made getting the reflection picture easier!

He was answering a lot of the questions that everyone asked. I don't think I actually asked him anything, but I know one family asked several questions and he answered them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stephanie, you got some great photos on the safari...especially of my favorite -- the giraffes.

Love your picture of the Tree of Life too. I always see those birds when we eat at Flame Tree begging for food.
I got more giraffes coming up later!

I had one at Flame Tree in February, but it was being beaten out for attention but a duck who was standing next to me the whole time! She was cute.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #433
PhoenixStrength

A little bummed! Just saw a thread on the TPaS board that the UK phone booths numbers were disconnected. Several people had called lately and gotten an error message. Someone else reported seeing a photo on FB of them actually being removed and on a truck, though that wasn't confirmed.

Does seem the ones in Canada are still working though. But sad if the UK ones are gone, as it was fun to call them and tak to people.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #434
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
A little bummed! Just saw a thread on the TPaS board that the UK phone booths numbers were disconnected. Several people had called lately and gotten an error message. Someone else reported seeing a photo on FB of them actually being removed and on a truck, though that wasn't confirmed.

Does seem the ones in Canada are still working though. But sad if the UK ones are gone, as it was fun to call them and tak to people.
It must have been fairly recent. They were definitely there on 2/28. There was a young kid in the booths and I stood there for a minute wishing I knew the number so I could call.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #435
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

Jesse is going to be so disappointed! He got such a kick out of trying to get someone to answer.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: