Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #406
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, it does sound like the good news outweighs the bad news. Hopefully, the calcium levels will continue to drop until they are in the healthy range. Do they think that it's something that she's eating that could possibly make her calcium level go up? That's probably a silly question but they told my Mama to stop taking her calcium pills because her calcium level was up.
It is possible it is the food she was on, and I did just switch her so that could be it. It could also be the UTI, as it affects the kidneys and the kidneys can affect her calcium. We probably won't ever know honestly. And if it continues to improve then I'm fine with not knowing the exact reason why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Aww poor Sweetie! Hopefully this next round will do it.
Thanks! Luckily she is not showing any signs of pain or even discomfort from the UTI, so that is great. Usually they strain to urinate or even scream in pain, and she is having no trouble going at all. So that's one good thing at least. And hopefully the Clavamox will get rid of it and she will be fine on the next check!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 03-04-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #407
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

ALL CAUGHT UP! Sounds like you had a great day in DHS, to be topped off with Osborn lights! Can't wait to see your pictures from that! Sorry to hear about sweetie, but im glad she is on the mend!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #408
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylvr4vr View Post
ALL CAUGHT UP! Sounds like you had a great day in DHS, to be topped off with Osborn lights! Can't wait to see your pictures from that! Sorry to hear about sweetie, but im glad she is on the mend!
Thanks, glad you were able to catch up!

I'm hoping to get the Osborne Lights update done tonight, if I have time. If not then tomorrow for sure!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #409
PhoenixStrength

DAY THREE, SATURDAY DECEMBER 1ST, PART SIX

Once Mulch, Sweat and Tears finished their set the platform there were on was rolled away (with them still on it!). A few minutes later the lights dimmed and the announcers for the Osborne Family Radio Show gave a little speech (mostly a little of the background about the lights and how they came to WDW). Then the countdown was done, with all the guests counting down with them, and….

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights had begun!!! This update will be short on words and long on pictures, so be prepared, and enjoy the beautiful light displays! Oh, and see how many Hidden Mickeys you can see, there are a lot in my pictures!

I got pictures of three more of the banners giving facts about the displays.

And then more pictures of the lights!!!!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #410
PhoenixStrength

I waited in line to get a PP picture in front of those soldiers and the tree, and it took a while. Turns out they are not allowed to take pictures while the songs with dancing lights are going on, since their flash can be distracting. So every time one of the songs came on we all had to wait for it to be over before the next person/family could get theirs done. It took about 20-25 minutes to get my picture. The first one is from my camera, and is very dark:

But if you can see the present looking thing behind my left arm, with the large switch on it, that is the switch that “turns on” the lights every evening. They have a family there that gets to flip on the switch. It is cute, but you cannot actually see that unless you are one of the few people standing directly in front of it.

I also got the professional PP picture, which looks so much better. You can see the switch better in this picture too!

After I was done there I continued my way thru the streets, taking more pictures of the buildings in light.

I made my way over to where Santa Goofy was taking pictures. He was on a break when I got in line, but was back out after about 7-8 minutes. The line did move slowly though, as there were a lot of larger families that wanted pictures with everyone in them, just the kids, just the adults, individually, etc. I didn’t really mind since I was enjoying the light show and songs, but several of the people around me were complaining. Of course they did the same thing when they got up there, so what sense did that make???

While I waited I got a picture of the background area behind Goofy:

And one of the trees around him (with Santa Goofy in the pic too!)

After about a 40 minute wait it was finally my turn! He was so much fun, kissing my hand and dancing around with me. The first two pictures are my camera, second two are PP.

Once I got done with Goofy there were even more people there. That actually surprised me since the first Fantasmic of the night was going on, but I guess a lot of people were trying to see the lights before heading over to get in line for the second show. I tried walking around again, but there were too many people and I couldn’t move. I had seen almost everything already, so I headed for the exit instead!

A shot of the Christmas tree all lit up:

I made my way to the bus stop for POP and the bus was there within 5 minutes. Since the park wasn’t closed there weren’t too many people in line and I made the first bus. I was back at POP Century around 7:40pm. I walked straight to my room, passing the nightly movie on my way (Brave was playing that night). When I got to my room I saw this in my window:

That is my Santa hat along with all the stuff I had gotten at CRT the night before. My picture with Cinderella, a table mat with the princesses on it, my Wishing Star, the sword they gave me for Steve (even though he wasn’t there) and my wand. It was pretty funny, though not as good as what was on my bed:

I never knew my Tigger and Santa plush toys were so athletic! Last night they had been sledding and tonight they were rowing.

I downloaded my pictures to my laptop. I found Pirates of the Carribean on TV and watched that. It went off around 10pm and I went to bed!

NEXT TIME: ANIMALS EVERYWHERE!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #411
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great shots of the Osborne Lights, Steph...you got some great ones (and loving the hidden mickey's you found).

How funny the people were complaining about waitng for Santa Goofy and then they did the same thing. We graciously asked each PP photographer if he would mind doing pictures of 2, then 2, then 2 and then all 6 of us. We never got any nos and heard no complaints from anyone.

And I'm happy for the good news on your sweet kitty.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #412
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I saw 8 HM, 1 hidden Minnie, and 1 full Mickey.

I love the plushies rowing the boat!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #413
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great shots of the Osborne Lights, Steph...you got some great ones (and loving the hidden mickey's you found).

How funny the people were complaining about waitng for Santa Goofy and then they did the same thing. We graciously asked each PP photographer if he would mind doing pictures of 2, then 2, then 2 and then all 6 of us. We never got any nos and heard no complaints from anyone.

And I'm happy for the good news on your sweet kitty.
Thanks! I found a lot more HMs than I got pictures of.

I didn't mind the people getting multiple pictures at all, but thought it was funny that several families around me spent 30 minutes complaining about it, then got multiple pictures themselves!

And thank you! Sweetie is very happy with the good news too, or maybe it's just that she keeps getting wet food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I saw 8 HM, 1 hidden Minnie, and 1 full Mickey.

I love the plushies rowing the boat!
You came close, there are 9 HMs, but one is very difficult to see in the picture so it's easy to miss.

I loved that too! Blanca was very creative in her towel arrangements. She did a 4-leaf clover that day too, but for some reason I forgot to upload it to Photobucket.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #414
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I absolutely love the Osborne lights. I think it might be my favorite part of the parks around the Christmas season. I just love hearing the Christmas music and watching the lights dance. I had to download several of the songs they use for the lights just because it makes me think of them when I hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

The line did move slowly though, as there were a lot of larger families that wanted pictures with everyone in them, just the kids, just the adults, individually, etc. I didn’t really mind since I was enjoying the light show and songs, but several of the people around me were complaining. Of course they did the same thing when they got up there, so what sense did that make???
Well, clearly it is because it is their epic family vacation and they are more important than any of the other families waiting in line!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #415
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I absolutely love the Osborne lights. I think it might be my favorite part of the parks around the Christmas season. I just love hearing the Christmas music and watching the lights dance. I had to download several of the songs they use for the lights just because it makes me think of them when I hear it.

Well, clearly it is because it is their epic family vacation and they are more important than any of the other families waiting in line!
I love them too! The music, "live" radio show, lights dancing and changing colors in time to the songs....

I don't get the sense of entitlement so many people seem to have these days. If something bothers you when someone else does it, then why do you do it yourself??

Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #416
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
You came close, there are 9 HMs, but one is very difficult to see in the picture so it's easy to miss.

I loved that too! Blanca was very creative in her towel arrangements. She did a 4-leaf clover that day too, but for some reason I forgot to upload it to Photobucket.
I saw the same one twice but only counted it once, is that #9 or is there another one entirely?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #417
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I saw the same one twice but only counted it once, is that #9 or is there another one entirely?
There are at least three that show up twice, there are nine separate ones. If it helps there are 6 in the first post, 3 in the second.

I'll try to circle them and post a separate update tomorrow that shows them all

Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #418
SAT887
DIS Veteran

It seems like your stuffed animals are having an activity filled vacation as well!! I love your Osborne pictures!! They are really great. Also, your camera picked up really good colors! I didn't even look for hidden mickey's... I was too in awe of all the lights
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #419
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I dont know where I went, but I am back now and all caught up.

LOVE the Osborne Lights!! You got some great pictures! I love the one with Santa Goofy.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #420
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
It seems like your stuffed animals are having an activity filled vacation as well!! I love your Osborne pictures!! They are really great. Also, your camera picked up really good colors! I didn't even look for hidden mickey's... I was too in awe of all the lights
My stuffed animals were having a great vacation of their own! I do like how well my camera picks up colors, especially with the Osborne lights.

I wasn't really looking for the HMs at first, but everyone was moving so slow with how packed the area was that it gave me something to do as I shuffled along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I dont know where I went, but I am back now and all caught up.

LOVE the Osborne Lights!! You got some great pictures! I love the one with Santa Goofy.
Glad you are back!!!!

Santa Goofy was pretty fun. What you can't tell from the pictures is he was dancing around with me, hence the poses.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: