Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #391
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

In less time than the majority of those in line, I got in my ride vehicle. Funny enough it was the same exact one I had ridden in that morning, number 30, with Rex on it!

I didn't do as well this go round, but still had lots of fun doing it!

I was hungry for some dinner when I got off, and knew I wanted an earlier dinner anyway since I wanted to be done before Osborne Lights started so I could be there at it's start. Starring Rolls was already closed (I hate that they close earlier than the rest of the park!) so I went to the only other place I eat at in DHS, CS-wise.

Yup, Pizza Planet again. Good think I really like their food, since I ordered the same exact thing I got for lunch!

It was once again very good, though they were definitely busier than they were when I had lunch. Probably because many other people were also eating there due to it being right next to Streets of America and the Osborne Lights.

Once I finished eating I was able to walk thru the walkway into Streets of America, which was then closed off right behind me. Everyone else had to walk all the way around to get in. It was already pretty busy at 5:40pm, probably because Mulch, Sweat and Shears was there singing Christmas songs!!!

They were excellent, and there were lots of little kids dancing around and singing along with them, which was adorable!

While they sang I walked some, or as best as I could with the street getting more and more packed in. I tried to get some shots of the banners with facts on them about The Osborne Lights, but only got one of them before I realized I wasn't making it thru the crowd and decided to put off the rest until the lights came on and people started moving around.

For those that want to know, I found 28 of those Hidden Mickeys. Most of them were so easy that you'll see them in my photos later. Some were more difficult to spot at first. I wasn't trying to find them all, so I didn't care that I only got that many of them.

NEXT TIME: OSBORNE FAMILY SPECTACLE OF DANCING LIGHTS!!!!!!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #392
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Steph.

I've never heard of the single rider line being that long at Rock & Roll. Mark usually does really well going through it while I do TOT. The kid really does look like he is going to lose his lunch on R&R.

Speaking of TOT, I love your "bored" pose...well done.

I can't believe you went to the same place for lunch.

I never even noticed those signs about the Osborne Lights; I'll have to watch for them this December.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #393
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love that in your TOT picture the little girl in the front row looks like she's having the time of her life while her dad looks terrified!

You actually counted how many hidden mickeys you found? It's true that a lot of them are very easy to find. I have no idea how many we did see though.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #394
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Steph.

I've never heard of the single rider line being that long at Rock & Roll. Mark usually does really well going through it while I do TOT. The kid really does look like he is going to lose his lunch on R&R.

Speaking of TOT, I love your "bored" pose...well done.

I can't believe you went to the same place for lunch.

I never even noticed those signs about the Osborne Lights; I'll have to watch for them this December.
I've never had it be so long either! To be honest I think it was because there were several large groups of teenagers all in that line. But the stand-by line was just as long.

I was worried the bored pose wouldn't turn out right, but I did like it!

Well, none of the other CS places are worth eating at, and it was right next to the Osborne Lights. Plus, that cupcake was to die for!!!

I think I got 4 of them in pictures, there may have been more that I missed. They were on the street lamp poles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love that in your TOT picture the little girl in the front row looks like she's having the time of her life while her dad looks terrified!

You actually counted how many hidden mickeys you found? It's true that a lot of them are very easy to find. I have no idea how many we did see though.
I noticed that too! She was pretty funny, as her Dad was truly scared and she made fun of him when we got off!

I actually didn't start out counting them, but eventually did and I don't know why. I think it was so packed it gave me something to do while walking thru the crowds!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #395
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, I've gotten way behind. Oh well, caught up now. Just wanted to say congratulations on the new trip, whenever it may be. Disney World is a great way to celebrate a birthday.

Also, I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better. Hopefully it is nothing serious and the good news will continue!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #396
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, I've gotten way behind. Oh well, caught up now. Just wanted to say congratulations on the new trip, whenever it may be. Disney World is a great way to celebrate a birthday.

Also, I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better. Hopefully it is nothing serious and the good news will continue!
That's ok, I've been updating quite a bit lately, trying to get more of this done before my upcoming trip! And thank you, I'm very excited to be going back, even if it's a short trip.

Thank you very much! I'm crossing my fingers that the vet's call today is all good news for Sweetie!

Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #397
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I missed two things I wanted to comment on:

1) Good news about kitty gaining weight; I continue to keep good thoughts for sweet kitty

2) I LOVE your drawing of Pooh Bear...you did awesome!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #398
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark
I missed two things I wanted to comment on:

1) Good news about kitty gaining weight; I continue to keep good thoughts for sweet kitty

2) I LOVE your drawing of Pooh Bear...you did awesome!
1) Thank you very much. I will post the results from her tests once I get them, which is sometime today.

2) Thank you! Drawing is something I'm pretty good at, and enjoy. I have notebooks full of drawings I did when I was younger. I wish I had more time to do it now.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #399
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm coming back to read the last Disney update but knew that I better post about the upcoming trip and Sweetie before I got busy again.

I saw that ticker and did a little dance for you! I hope that you and your friend can line out the plans sooner rather than later. But, at least you know that you're going again.

I'm so happy that Sweetie is gaining the weight back! Keeping my fingers crossed that the test results are good.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #400
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You did an excellent drawing of Pooh! I've never done that well on any of the characters they have done in the classes.

Wow! The single rider line for RNRC was that long? That's a long wait for a single rider line.

I could go for some food from Pizza Planet right now. I'm doubting that the cheese enchilada I brought for lunch is going to be as good at PP.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #401
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I love your photos and you have so many of them!!

Also great news about sweety! I am so glad things sound good with her. And a trip in less than a month! I am so jealous!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #402
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm coming back to read the last Disney update but knew that I better post about the upcoming trip and Sweetie before I got busy again.

I saw that ticker and did a little dance for you! I hope that you and your friend can line out the plans sooner rather than later. But, at least you know that you're going again.

I'm so happy that Sweetie is gaining the weight back! Keeping my fingers crossed that the test results are good.
I'm very excited that I will be going back in a matter of weeks. We should be able to set the dates for sure this weekend, but I'm just happy right now knowing we are definitely going!

I just got the call from the vet with Sweetie's test results and will most them in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You did an excellent drawing of Pooh! I've never done that well on any of the characters they have done in the classes.

Wow! The single rider line for RNRC was that long? That's a long wait for a single rider line.

I could go for some food from Pizza Planet right now. I'm doubting that the cheese enchilada I brought for lunch is going to be as good at PP.
Thanks! As I said above to Kathy, I am pretty good at drawing naturally. If I can find any of my notebooks of drawings I will post some of the other Disney drawings I did as a teenager.

I was SHOCKED that the Single Rider line was just as long as the stand-by.

PP definitely sounds really good right now! I hope your cheese enchilada is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Great updates! I love your photos and you have so many of them!!

Also great news about sweety! I am so glad things sound good with her. And a trip in less than a month! I am so jealous!
Thanks! I am very happy about my trip.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #403
PhoenixStrength

SWEETIE UPDATE:

So, I got good news and bad news on Sweetie's test results. Bad news first, her Urinary Tract Infection that first showed up on urine analysis in January is still there, and it's bad. So since 2 weeks of AmoxiDrops didn't get rid of it, she's now on 4 weeks of Clavamox to hopefully finally get rid of it.

Good news is her blood results look very good. All her levels that have been good in the past, still are. Her calcium is supposed to be between 8.2-10.8. In January it was 13.3 both times it was tested, 3 weeks apart from each other. This time it was 11.7, so it's gone down significantly and that is a great sign. It's still a little high, which isn't great, but the fact that it is going down is a great sign and hopefully it will continue to do so. No idea why it went down, but don't really care at this point. She will get re-checked in a month for both her calcium level and the UTI, but for now I'm very happy!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #404
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
SWEETIE UPDATE:

So, I got good news and bad news on Sweetie's test results. Bad news first, her Urinary Tract Infection that first showed up on urine analysis in January is still there, and it's bad. So since 2 weeks of AmoxiDrops didn't get rid of it, she's now on 4 weeks of Clavamox to hopefully finally get rid of it.

Good news is her blood results look very good. All her levels that have been good in the past, still are. Her calcium is supposed to be between 8.2-10.8. In January it was 13.3 both times it was tested, 3 weeks apart from each other. This time it was 11.7, so it's gone down significantly and that is a great sign. It's still a little high, which isn't great, but the fact that it is going down is a great sign and hopefully it will continue to do so. No idea why it went down, but don't really care at this point. She will get re-checked in a month for both her calcium level and the UTI, but for now I'm very happy!!!

Well, it does sound like the good news outweighs the bad news. Hopefully, the calcium levels will continue to drop until they are in the healthy range. Do they think that it's something that she's eating that could possibly make her calcium level go up? That's probably a silly question but they told my Mama to stop taking her calcium pills because her calcium level was up.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #405
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
SWEETIE UPDATE:

Aww poor Sweetie! Hopefully this next round will do it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: