Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #316
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I did get a short video too, mostly because during the fast songs Whoopi was bopping and dancing to the music and it was pretty funny. If I ever remember to upload it to YouTube I’ll post as link here so you can see it, and hear how wonderful the singers were!

Overall I very much enjoyed it, and Whoopi was fantastic. I want to say it was about 45 minutes long, and they sang about a dozen songs. I am definitely happy I did it, and would do it again on a future trip.
Glad you enjoyed CP. I bet Whoopi, dancing around was hilarious. DW and I saw John O'Hurley (Mr. Peterman from Seinfeld) and he was excellent! When we went the week after Thanksgiving in 2010, it turned chilly the night before our CP visit and it just made it that much more Christmas-like. If CP doesn't give one a lump in their throat and get them in the mood, then they might need to check their pulse or head back to Whoville because they are a Grinch!!

Great TR. Great pics.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #317
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Glad you enjoyed CP. I bet Whoopi, dancing around was hilarious. DW and I saw John O'Hurley (Mr. Peterman from Seinfeld) and he was excellent! When we went the week after Thanksgiving in 2010, it turned chilly the night before our CP visit and it just made it that much more Christmas-like. If CP doesn't give one a lump in their throat and get them in the mood, then they might need to check their pulse or head back to Whoville because they are a Grinch!!

Great TR. Great pics.
I'm sure John O'Hurley was fantastic, he has a great voice! It was pretty warm during the CP I saw, but still fantastic. And I agree about it putting a lump in your throat.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #318
PhoenixStrength

DAY TWO, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH, PART SIX

Once the candlelight processional ended I really had to use the bathroom. I knew there would be a mad dash so I quickly made it out of the theater and to the restrooms at American Adventure. There was already a line out the door and down the walkway of about 30 women when I got there. Thankfully the line moved quickly and I was soon done. Good thing too, as the line was 3 times as long by then!!!

I wasn't hungry, even though it was after 6pm by then. I did peek into Liberty Inn and saw the gingerbread house in there.

When I walked out I could see across the lagoon and see SSE and the Christmas tree. I really, really love this picture!

I started walking around the lagoon again, heading thru Japan, Morocco and France, taking some pictures of the pavilions as I walked by.

I stopped at the fountain in France to get some pictures with a PP. The first one is mine, second was the one she took.

I walked across the bridge next and snapped some pics across the lagoon of the other countries.

I walked around in United Kingdom for a little while and took a lot of pictures in there.

I wandered over to Canada and Off Kilter was singing. I listened to them do a great cover of "Taking Care of Business", then wandered around Canada for a bit.

I sat down in the area up the stairs before you go to O'Canada. My cell phone was dead and there was an outlet there so I charged it for a bit while sitting. I tried calling the phone in the box by there, but only one family came close to it and they just walked away when it started ringing.

I also texted Steve at that point to ask if he knew if he was coming to join me at all. He had told me earlier in the week that he knew he wouldn't be able to come earlier than the weekend with how busy he was. When I talked to him that evening he said he still had a lot to get done the next day and was busy Monday with meetings, so he didn't know if he would be able to join me at all. I was pretty upset thinking he wouldn't get to join me at all, and that combined with not feeling good just made me not want to be there anymore. I wound up sitting there for another half hour before I decided that I at least wanted to stay for Illluminations, especially since I'd get special seating with the pass from the CP package. I got up and started making my way back into Future World.

Lit up fountain near the Imagination pavilion:

Monorail going past:

Lit up sidewalk:

Bambi topiary:

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 02-11-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #319
PhoenixStrength

I made my way up to the front of the park and found a PP taking shots in front of Spaceship Earth. The picture taken with my camera didn't turn out so great, a little too much flash!

But the picture he took was much better, and I love the effect of the people in the background being blurred.

I took one shot of SSE all lit up....

...then made my way back into Future World, first stopping at another lit up fountain, this one dancing.

The spot for Illuminations viewing was Showcase Plaza, in between the two shops on either walkway to WS. I walked back up the middle, getting a picture of the Pluto topiary.

I had to show my sticker and I was let in the roped off area for viewing. I went over to a cart and got myself a drink and a tub of popcorn. There was a line but it was only about 5 minutes until I got my things and then found a spot to sit. There were no chairs or anything, just the area roped off to pick where you wanted to be. I actually found a fantastic spot, right in the middle, at the top of the incline where the people in front of me wouldn't be blocking my view at all. I was very happy with it!

My view of the lagoon:

I was right in front of the Christmas tree too, so I turned around and got a picture of it from about 15 feet away.

I talked to the family next to me for a bit, and listened to the cars on Test Track still be tested, even at that time of night. At around 8:50pm they dimmed the park lights and lit the torches, it was almost time!!!!

NEXT TIME: ILLUMINATIONS!!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #320
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Hi! I really like your Spaceship Earth/palm tree/Christmas tree photo too!! It's a great shot!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #321
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I can understand being sad and not feeling like being there anymore when you are sick and things are not going your way. I'm going to guess by your title that your friend did make it to Disney in the end.

I agree, the picture with Spaceship Earth turned out great. And isn't that border just perfect for that?

I love your pictures with the dancing fountain as well.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #322
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hi! I really like your Spaceship Earth/palm tree/Christmas tree photo too!! It's a great shot!
I really loved that shot. I'm bummed it's a bit blurry but it looked like a postcard to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I can understand being sad and not feeling like being there anymore when you are sick and things are not going your way. I'm going to guess by your title that your friend did make it to Disney in the end.

I agree, the picture with Spaceship Earth turned out great. And isn't that border just perfect for that?

I love your pictures with the dancing fountain as well.

It wasn't the best night, that's for sure. Him telling me that Saturday and Monday were definitely out of the question, and knowing that Sunday would be too if he didn't finish everything on Saturday just bummed me out. And feeling sick just made it so much worse. You'll have to wait to see what happens with him....

I really love that border on that picture in front of SSE. And the dancing fountain with the changing colored lights was really cool to watch. I stood there for at least 5 minutes just watching it, and occasionally taking pictures of it.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #323
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, boo on your friend! I know that you wanted to spend some time with him. The nighttime pictures turned out so good. Mine are always blurry and plain old bad. It does look like you were able to get a good spot for Illuminations. Not a tree in sight.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #324
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, boo on your friend! I know that you wanted to spend some time with him. The nighttime pictures turned out so good. Mine are always blurry and plain old bad. It does look like you were able to get a good spot for Illuminations. Not a tree in sight.
I was bummed, but I knew he had to finish his work before he could possibly come see me. I was just really hoping he'd get it all done on Saturday!

No trees for me!

Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #325
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

That Bambi picture and epcot pic are awesome. Bambi one is very adorable. Great pictures as usual.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #326
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I had no idea there was a Gingerbread House in Liberty Inn! I swear every time I think I know everything about Disney, I learn something new.

Beautiful night pictures in Epcot! Glad you got a great place for Illuminations. I may try that area in a few weeks.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #327
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm sorry you weren't exactly in the spirit of things, but I'm glad you at least decided to stick around for Illuminations. I'm sure you'd have regretted if you'd left the park when you had the preferred viewing area for the show.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #328
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
That Bambi picture and epcot pic are awesome. Bambi one is very adorable. Great pictures as usual.
Thanks, the Christmas topiaries of all of the characters were great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I had no idea there was a Gingerbread House in Liberty Inn! I swear every time I think I know everything about Disney, I learn something new.

Beautiful night pictures in Epcot! Glad you got a great place for Illuminations. I may try that area in a few weeks.
I didn't know it either, until I walked (ok, ran) past to get to the bathroom ahead of the crowd and saw it thru the window. It was much smaller than the GF one, but still cute!

Definitely try that area, as I've done it there twice now and loved it both times. Great view with nothing blocking you from seeing it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm sorry you weren't exactly in the spirit of things, but I'm glad you at least decided to stick around for Illuminations. I'm sure you'd have regretted if you'd left the park when you had the preferred viewing area for the show.
I am definitely glad I stuck around for Illuminations, as it improved my mood some.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #329
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates (sorry I'm a little behind...trying to save wrestling yesterday ). Love all the photos around World Showcase (those trees with the red on them were so very different). The photopass picture of you in front of Spaceship Earth is fabulous...one of the best yet!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #330
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates (sorry I'm a little behind...trying to save wrestling yesterday ). Love all the photos around World Showcase (those trees with the red on them were so very different). The photopass picture of you in front of Spaceship Earth is fabulous...one of the best yet!
No problem at all! I hope the IOC changes their mind!

The trees with the red flower in them were interesting, for sure. I only remember seeing them in the UK pavilion, but they could have been elsewhere.

Thanks! I do really like that PP pic in front of SSE, though I like the ones taken at AK a couple days later the best!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: