Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Yay for the trip report update!!!

Im not sure how I'm going to do mine yet, on the thread, added to my PTR or a new TR..... I didn't take as many pics as I wanted - kids were still a handful.... Maybe next year!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ugh! So sorry to hear that you had some not so friendly "neighbors" on the plane. I'm not a cursing kind of person (though I'll admit that the S word slips out when I'm really really upset) and it upsets me to see people curse like sailors in front of others and especially around kids.

Yay for making it to Pop Century! The decorations look beautiful!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #18
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Finally made it here! This getting caught up at work after a Disney Trip sucks! It greatly eats into my DIS time.

Glad you had a good time and that Steve got to come. I love seeing all of your furr babies and was going to ask about Hurricane but saw his status above.

Oh, and I'm glad to know you are Stephanie! When we got to Disney, I realized I didn't know your name. I kept telling my Mom I was looking for this "Phoenix" girl. As she isn't on the internet much, she didn't really get the whole "user name" thing and was kind of .

ETA that I just saw your update and decided to edit this post instead of adding a second one. Looks like you had a smooth morning except for the rude family on the plane! I'm not saying that I always have a clean mouth but I watch when I'm in a public place. Some people just have no manners!

Hope you get your room requests!
Hi Ariana, glad you made it! I can't wait to hear about your trip

I don't always have the cleanest mouth either, but I am careful what I say around strangers and children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Wow the Cmas pictures at the Pop look amazing. I am dying to know and I am sure you will share with us later but during cmas time at Pop's do they decorate the room with a little holiday flavor?

Look forward to your next update
Glad you made it! No rooms decorations for Christmas by the CMs, but you are already to decorate them yourself, provided you don't damage the walls or room at all (No tacks/nails, tape since it can pull off paint, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Yay for the trip report update!!!

Im not sure how I'm going to do mine yet, on the thread, added to my PTR or a new TR..... I didn't take as many pics as I wanted - kids were still a handful.... Maybe next year!
I'm sure whatever pictures you did take will still be nice to see in some form of report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Ugh! So sorry to hear that you had some not so friendly "neighbors" on the plane. I'm not a cursing kind of person (though I'll admit that the S word slips out when I'm really really upset) and it upsets me to see people curse like sailors in front of others and especially around kids.

Yay for making it to Pop Century! The decorations look beautiful!
I'm the same way Lisa! I couldn't believe they were talking that way, and not quietly, on a plane with tons of people of all ages within hearing distance!

The decorations were great! I have more decoration pictures coming up!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
PhoenixStrength

DAY ONE: THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29TH, PART TWO

Once I got called up to check-in I actually got 2 CMs, one in training and the CM overseeing her. The trainee did great, and was able to do everything without needing any help, and she was super friendly too! She quickly got me my packet together and told me that my room was ready already, so I could go right to it. She showed me where it was on the map, and it was a building I had not stayed in yet.

Before I reveal where my room was, let me tell you what my requests were. I had requested a lakeview room (so glad these are considered standard rate still at POP, so I don't have to pay extra for it!), fourth floor (I hate hearing people above me) and in either the 50s or 60s sections.

So where was my room? My room was number 5417. What, you don't all know where that is? Okay, it was in building 5, which is the 60s (request met number 1), on the fourth floor (request met number 2) and faces the lake (request met number 3)!!!! I was so shocked that all 3 of my requests were met, especially since I was checking in around 10:40am. Oh, and it was right behind Classic Hall, so it is also super close to the food court, shop and transportation. I made my 2 minute walk to my room and snapped this from in front of my building.

And I took this from the walkway right in front of my door. Isn't it a great view?!

I started to unpack before remembering that I needed to take room pictures, so ignore the fact that some of my stuff is all over the room in these shots!

I finished unpacking and then headed out. My plan was to eat, then resort hop to see the decorations, then head to MK for MVMCP. First up, a shot from the other side of my building, overlooking the Hippy Dippy Pool.

A close up of the Flower Sprayers along the edge of the pool.

Back entrance to Classic Hall

The tree inside Classic Hall (there are a bunch of small ones too, but this is the big one).

I'm so glad I checked in when I did, because when I walked past the lobby the line was out the door!!

I walked into Everything POP via the gift shop portion and took a couple of pictures of the Christmas goods, and decorations.

It was after 11am by then, but I really wanted breakfast and they still had one station serving it so I got the Bounty Platter, which was delicious. Oh, and I got my free refillable mug since I had the Quick Service Dining Plan (for free!).

Another of the wreaths in Classic Hall

Then I headed out to the bus stops.

And I got in line for Magic Kingdom. The bus appeared after only a few minutes and I got a seat. I was busy writing in my trip journal so I didn't get many pictures, though I did get one of the Epcot Monorail.

I was surprised as we pulled up to the MK entranceway to find them painting it. Not necessarily that they were painting it really, that maintenance is to be expected. What surprised me was that they were painting it different colors!!! Instead of the old color combination of light and dark pink, it's now Blue and Yellow!!

For comparison, here is what it looked like in February.

The booths where you pay (if you need to pay for parking) were also being painted that blue and yellow combo. While I like it, it was definitely weird to see it looking so different from previous trips!

NEXT TIME: CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
SAT887
DIS Veteran

How awesome that all your room requests were met! POP looks like so much fun to stay at, my mom stayed at ASM one night and it looked fun! We had one request at OKW and they met it only for me to ask for a GV that would be ready earlier. I felt bad but told the CM he was my hero because I had no idea that my DD1 was going to be up at 6am!

I like the blue & yellow I knew something looked different but couldn't figure it out. Can't wait for more updates! You went to MVMCP on Sunday too right?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Yay for all your room requests!! Your POP pictures are getting me so excited!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #22
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
How awesome that all your room requests were met! POP looks like so much fun to stay at, my mom stayed at ASM one night and it looked fun! We had one request at OKW and they met it only for me to ask for a GV that would be ready earlier. I felt bad but told the CM he was my hero because I had no idea that my DD1 was going to be up at 6am!

I like the blue & yellow I knew something looked different but couldn't figure it out. Can't wait for more updates! You went to MVMCP on Sunday too right?
I was shocked that not only were all my requests met, but that the room was also ready that early! Glad you had a great CM at OKW.

I like the blue & yellow too, I was just a bit surprised to see it! I went to MVMCP 11/29 and Sunday 12/2, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Yay for all your room requests!! Your POP pictures are getting me so excited!!!
You should be excited, POP is a great resort. I really enjoy it there, and since I spend most of my time at the parks anyway I don't mind at all that it doesn't have all the extras of the Mods and Deluxes. Just remember to close the bathroom door and curtain to reduce the noise from the neighbor's bathroom, that is the only issue I ever have.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Not only did you get all your room requests, but you possibly got them in the best building. So close to Classic Hall!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #24
Pixie*Pirate
It IS the happiest place on earth!

Great location! I request my Mogli and Baloo building every time! It's my favorite!!! Pop is my home so I could be happy anywhere but I still make the request.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Hope you don't mind me following along. I followed you from the POP thread. Me and my dd will be staying at POP next month for the first time and your pictures are making me excited.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Not only did you get all your room requests, but you possibly got them in the best building. So close to Classic Hall!!
I know, I was so very happy with my room location!!! I really would have been happy anywhere, even if NONE of my requests were met, but to get them all and in the building closest to Classic Hall was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie*Pirate View Post
Great location! I request my Mogli and Baloo building every time! It's my favorite!!! Pop is my home so I could be happy anywhere but I still make the request.
I feel the same way, anywhere would have been fine, but to get that room, in that building was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
Hope you don't mind me following along. I followed you from the POP thread. Me and my dd will be staying at POP next month for the first time and your pictures are making me excited.
I don't mind at all, the more the merrier!!!! You and your DD will LOVE POP Century!!! How old is she? There are tons of fun activities at POP to do when you aren't in the parks, that I'm sure she will love. If you are on the POP thread I'm sure you've seen them, but if not check out the first page of that thread for activities

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #27
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Great location at POP! Last time I was there we stayed in the 90s building. It wasn't too bad once we figured out to cut through the parking lot to get to Classic Hall. I had no idea on that trip that you could even request a room location. I've learned so much since I found the DIS!

The Christmas decorations at POP are beautiful. I think there were more decorations there then there were at CBR.

I can't believe I didn't notice the new colors on the MK sign. We were at MK the day before you. I'm trying to remember if I even saw the sign. Mom and I tended to gab a lot on the buses and I missed some of those things.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #28
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Pictures look amazing as well. Love the pic of Baloo Wow he is freakin tall. Your picture makes him look like a big giant dinosaur. That tree in pop looks big too and amazing. Did you think of putting up any cmas decorations in your room at all?

On the table in your room, it looks like a bear or something lol dressed up in santa gear---am I right?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #29
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stephanie, I'm back and caught up. Love the introductions.

I cannot believe the rude behavior of the people sitting next to you and behind you on the plane ride. I would have said something, I'm afraid.

for getting the REAL ME bus, the arrival at POP and getting all of your requests.

Breakfast looks yummy.

I didn't even notice the new colors on the MK sign; we drove through the area once in a cab and it was too early in the morning (we were going to Kona for breakfast) to even pay attention.

I can't wait to hear about which resorts you went to in order to see Christmas decorations.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Great location at POP! Last time I was there we stayed in the 90s building. It wasn't too bad once we figured out to cut through the parking lot to get to Classic Hall. I had no idea on that trip that you could even request a room location. I've learned so much since I found the DIS!

The Christmas decorations at POP are beautiful. I think there were more decorations there then there were at CBR.

I can't believe I didn't notice the new colors on the MK sign. We were at MK the day before you. I'm trying to remember if I even saw the sign. Mom and I tended to gab a lot on the buses and I missed some of those things.
My first ever stay at POP was in 2008, and we (I went with my 2 sisters) were in the 90s. We cut thru the parking lot too

There were decorations everywhere! I just took pictures of each kind, most of those decorations were up in multiple places.

I really only noticed the colors changing because we were stopped due to several buses going thru at the same time. The booths were still pink at the time, so I could see the color difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Pictures look amazing as well. Love the pic of Baloo Wow he is freakin tall. Your picture makes him look like a big giant dinosaur. That tree in pop looks big too and amazing. Did you think of putting up any cmas decorations in your room at all?

On the table in your room, it looks like a bear or something lol dressed up in santa gear---am I right?
He is 4 stories tall, so he is quite big! I thought about putting up room decorations, and even brought them with me, but I never had time to put them up.

That is actually a stuffed Santa, and Tigger. They will make appearances later in my TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stephanie, I'm back and caught up. Love the introductions.

I cannot believe the rude behavior of the people sitting next to you and behind you on the plane ride. I would have said something, I'm afraid.

for getting the REAL ME bus, the arrival at POP and getting all of your requests.

Breakfast looks yummy.

I didn't even notice the new colors on the MK sign; we drove through the area once in a cab and it was too early in the morning (we were going to Kona for breakfast) to even pay attention.

I can't wait to hear about which resorts you went to in order to see Christmas decorations.
I didn't say something about the rude people around me, but only because the person in front of me did, and they eventually at least started talking quieter, though I could still hear them.

I was so happy to get a REAL DME bus

You weren't the only person to not notice. Like I said above, I might not have noticed if we weren't stopped there for a bit, and the fact that the booths were still pink (though they had been painted when I returned in a few days).

I'll update tomorrow or Friday on the resorts I went to for Christmas decorations. I will say it wasn't all the ones I wanted to, but I enjoyed the ones I did go to!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: