Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #271
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Steph, your pictures came out soooo much better than mine. The coloring in mine was off.

You really did score on the table at the Coral Reef. Too bad the mean/snooty couple didn't realize what a great table they could have had.

Your meal looks really good. I hope that the orange cheesecake is still on the menu when we go in May. I love anything citrus flavored.
The Orange Cheesecake is now part of the dessert menu, it took the place of a different cheesecake they had, so it should still be there when you go! I check AllEars last night while writing the update and their menu was just updated this month and the cheesecake is still on it! It is very yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What awesome pictures if the various different fish....you got great ones.

I am do happy that you enjoyed your meal at Coral Reef. I remember you debating it when I talked about the restaurant in my September. I enjoyed the crab cakes, but next time tell them sauce on side.
When I asked for the aioli on the side my server told me it is now standard to put it on the side, but it won't hurt to make sure by requesting that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Great table! What grumpy people though. I don't get people at all. If you want something ask for it - and be nice! We had such fun eating here - I love the aquarium.
I don't understand it either. 95% of the tables aren't against the aquarium, so if it's that important ask for it. Don't complain for not getting the table you want if you don't ask for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Boo for the rude ladies behind you in line! I think there needs to be a new rule "no complaining in Disney".

You got some great shots in the Aquarium. I think I have the same one of the Frog Fish, I don't think he ever moves.

Bonus for a table right at the aquarium. You lunch at Coral Reef looks yummy, I can't wait to eat there next month!
I like that rule!

I was looking at my previous trip photos and you may be right about the Frog Fish as it's in the same place every trip!

Yay for eating there next month! I really, really enjoyed it and definitely would go back again on a future trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'll admit, I probably would have complained about a 20 minute wait for Nemo too. I've never seen the line that long for that one, and there's no way I'd have believed the sign.

Those are some great aquarium pictures!

That was a very nice stroke of luck to be seated next to the aquarium. It is a shame that the other couple couldn't appreciate their proximity, but if being 4' closer is such a priority that they're willing to waste 20 mintutes waiting, then so be it. I do agree that I feel sorry for their server though.
They didn't just complain about the wait though. They complain about the lighting, how many people were in the park (not that many at all, I actually found it to be quite quiet), kids in the park, etc. They were just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I agree that if it was important then ask for it. I just felt bad for the girl trying to seat them as she obviously thought she was giving them a great table and they freaked out on her. She even asked if they requested an aquarium table and they said no, so she asked how they were supposed to know they wanted one then. I felt so bad for her as she looked ready to cry and I really hope they weren't that rude to their server once they were seated.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #272
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I,m always baffled by the sense of entitlement of some people. Plus, how did they expect people to know they wanted to be RIGHT at the tank if they told no one? I'm glad they moved and that you didn't have to spend your meal listening to them complain.

I never see any turtles, so I never would have guessed that there were 5 of them!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #273
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I,m always baffled by the sense of entitlement of some people. Plus, how did they expect people to know they wanted to be RIGHT at the tank if they told no one? I'm glad they moved and that you didn't have to spend your meal listening to them complain.

I never see any turtles, so I never would have guessed that there were 5 of them!
Exactly how I feel about the entitlement issue that some people have.

I thought 2, maybe 3 at most since I had seen the really big one they have, as well as a smaller one. I never would have guessed 5 either.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #274
PhoenixStrength

DAY TWO, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH, PART FOUR

After finishing my yummy meal at Coral Reef I decided to head to the World Showcase. But first, a quick stop here.

There was a short line, but only about 10 minutes tops before I was taking my picture with Mickey, Pluto and Minnie (mix of shots from my camera and PP).

I didn't get any photographic proof, but Mickey LOVED my shirt (which has him on it!) and Pluto was a huge flirt, kissing my hand, "licking" my cheek, etc. Minnie was just a quick pose and done.

I started once again to head to World Showcase, but was stopped by a bored PP askin if I wanted my picture taken. He did a horrible job with my camera (both he took were blurry and not at all zoomed in) but one of the PP pics looked good. Notice the shades as I was staring directly in the sun at that point!

I kept heading toward WS, getting a couple of shots of more Christmas topiaries and the Epcot Christmas tree, which was HUGE!

Finally I made it to Mexico!

I made my way inside and got a few shots of the indoor area, which I really love! There were lots of Christmas decorations up too, which I got a couple of pictures of.

I checked out the line for Gran Fiesta Tour, and there was none, so I headed in. Ididn't even have time to take pictures in the line as I was put right on the "boat".

I did get to take pictures along my ride thru Mexico, while keeping an eye out for Donald of course!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 02-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #275
PhoenixStrength

More pictures from Gran Fiesta Tour:

I walked around the pavilion for a little while more, but left without buying anything this time. When I went outside I saw the Three Wise Men were telling the Mexican story of Christmas. If you don't know each country in the WS has storytellers around Christmas that tell the customs and story of Christmas for their country. The Three Wise Men were telling theirs, and I listened for a while, having only missed about a minute of the beginning.

After they finished I headed on to Norway. I took a few pictures of the buildings and statues before taking a bathroom break.

I started to head toward Maelstrom, but stopped when I say that the Norweigan storyteller was out. Their story is quite amusing actually! They don't have Santa as much as a mischievious elf whose name I couldn't pronounce let alone spell! So instead here are pictures of the storyteller and the elf, who kept messing with her the whole time!

As soon as she finished I headed over to Maelstrom, trying to beat the rush that I'm sure would head there next. But it didn't matter, as there was already a massive line even without those listening to the Storyteller getting there. How long??? Well, here is a shot I took from the end of the line.

Yes, I am outside there, and all the way back to the walkway. And yes, they had the lines all open inside too. The wait was over 60 minutes! I walked up to ask the CM if it had broke down and that's why the line was long, and she said it hadn't broken down all day, and she had no idea why it was so long! I decided not to wait but took a few more pictures of Norway and the decorations before moving on.

Once finished with Norway I took some pictures of the lagoon, and the globe for Illuminations, which had just been moved out.

NEXT TIME: THAT'S THE LINE!?!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #276
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Those are some great pictures with the characters! I love it when the characters really get into..well..character. I've said it over and over again, but I really want to go to Disney during the holidays so I can see all of the beautiful decorations.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #277
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Those are some great pictures with the characters! I love it when the characters really get into..well..character. I've said it over and over again, but I really want to go to Disney during the holidays so I can see all of the beautiful decorations.
I love that too. I don't do much character interactions on normal trips, but during MVMCP I do and I did a few others this trip, and 99% were fantastic. None were bad, just some not as into their character.

You really, really need to go during the holidays!!! The decorations and special events are so fantastic.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #278
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Your TR makes me miss our trip! I love how you took pictures of so many decorations!!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #279
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

How cute of Pluto to flirt with you!

Those storytellers sound really interesting.

I can't believe people would really wait in line 60 minutes for Maelstrom. There are so many other things to do in World Showcase that have zero lines! No matter the ride, if the line is outside the building, I think it's too long.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #280
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Your TR makes me miss our trip! I love how you took pictures of so many decorations!!
Well, I went during Christmas, of course I was taking pictures of the decorations! Plus I knew people who've never been would love it.

And writing this is making me miss my trip too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
How cute of Pluto to flirt with you!

Those storytellers sound really interesting.

I can't believe people would really wait in line 60 minutes for Maelstrom. There are so many other things to do in World Showcase that have zero lines! No matter the ride, if the line is outside the building, I think it's too long.
Pluto was adorable. And the storytellers were cool. Very interesting to hear what other countries do for the holidays.

I would never wait 60 minutes for Maelstrom. It was just so weird that I walked on Gran Fiesta, and right next door Maelstrom had an hour wait for no reason at all!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #281
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Well, I went during Christmas, of course I was taking pictures of the decorations! Plus I knew people who've never been would love it.

And writing this is making me miss my trip too.
I barely took pictures of the decorations- unless it was a giant tree, life sized toy soldier... Well you get the idea.... Dec seems so far away now (sigh)
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #282
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto...very cute.

I would have loved to see The Three Wise Men. I really want to try to oncentrate on seeing more of the storytellers this year since we really only heard two.

You got some great pictures inside of Mexico. I cannoat believe the line for Maelstrom. I've never understood the need for a Fastpass for that after the initial opening, but that would have been a good day for it.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #283
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
I barely took pictures of the decorations- unless it was a giant tree, life sized toy soldier... Well you get the idea.... Dec seems so far away now (sigh)
I take pictures of everything though. Took about 400 pictures a day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the pictures with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto...very cute.

I would have loved to see The Three Wise Men. I really want to try to oncentrate on seeing more of the storytellers this year since we really only heard two.

You got some great pictures inside of Mexico. I cannoat believe the line for Maelstrom. I've never understood the need for a Fastpass for that after the initial opening, but that would have been a good day for it.
The Three Wise Men were cool. It's similar to how it's celebrated in the US. I wish I had been able to see more of the storytellers too. The only ones I listened to were those 2 I just posted. I passed the one in Germany and may have gotten a pic but didn't have time to stop for any of the others.

The line for Maelstrom was unreal. It's not like it's summer or even the holiday week, it was a pretty slow day at Epcot.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #284
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

You got some really good pictures with the Characters!

I just love the Mexico pavilion! So much to see in there.

Glad you got to see some of the storytellers. Somehow Mom and I walked all the way around World Showcase and didn't see one of them. I guess we just had bad timing.

That line for Malstrom is crazy! It was about 30 minutes when we went by the day before. We didn't ride though because we had an ADR and would be cutting it too close.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #285
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
You got some really good pictures with the Characters!

I just love the Mexico pavilion! So much to see in there.

Glad you got to see some of the storytellers. Somehow Mom and I walked all the way around World Showcase and didn't see one of them. I guess we just had bad timing.

That line for Malstrom is crazy! It was about 30 minutes when we went by the day before. We didn't ride though because we had an ADR and would be cutting it too close.
I love the Mexican pavilion too, it's very unique compared to the others.

The storytellers did come and go, I got lucky seeing those two. I wish I had time to see them all.

It was ridiculous that the line was that long for Maelstrom. It's a ride I will do with no or little line, but definitely not worth waiting 60 minutes for!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: