Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #256
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I don't know if she could have Metamucil or not. Vet recommended Miralax and I know a few of my clients' cats with IBS get Miralax with no problems. It's just powder so I mixed it in her pm wet food and she ate it right down. Good that Eddie has an option that he takes easily and thinks is a treat!!
Oh good, glad she takes her medicine easily. From my time volunteering at a shelter I know how hard it can be to get kitties to take their medicine!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #257
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Tests for our fur babies cost as much as tests for their owners. It's ridiculous what health care cost. I hope that they find out something soon.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #258
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Oh good, glad she takes her medicine easily. From my time volunteering at a shelter I know how hard it can be to get kitties to take their medicine!
Yeah, since I'm a pet sitter I know how difficult it can be too, plus my one kitty Jynx is difficult. I'm so thankful Sweetie is easy to give Sub-Q fluids to (I just gave them to her while she ate her wet food and she didn't even notice!) and to medicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Tests for our fur babies cost as much as tests for their owners. It's ridiculous what health care cost. I hope that they find out something soon.
They are ridiculously high! My vet actually recommended I skip that test for now since it's so expensive and she's acting normal still, and do the blood test again in 5 weeks at her re-check. If the calcium is still high and still no indication of anything else, then do that test since it will be necessary then. I think I'm going to do that.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #259
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks to both of you. I hope it's something treatable, and she still has many more years with me.

OTHER NEWS:

So, in addition to the bad news about Sweetie's test results, my sister Lisa also found out today that she has Celiac's Disease. If you don't know what that is, it's wheat allergies, meaning she has to eat a gluten-free diet for the rest of her life. This is especially hard for her as she is an extremely picky eater, and 95% of what she eats is filled with gluten. She is researching gluten-free options for her favorite foods now and emailing back and forth with a friend of mine who also has Celiac's. Fun day for my family today.

Steph, My mom has said celiac sprull for over 20 years now. She was one of the 1st ppl ever diagnosed with it. When she first was diagnosed with it, doctors had no clue what it was. It took months to figure out. It's a genetic thing as well. My brother and sister and myself are suppose to get tested on it. If I can help in any way, please send me a message and I can proble answer your questions thru my mother.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #260
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Steph, My mom has said celiac sprull for over 20 years now. She was one of the 1st ppl ever diagnosed with it. When she first was diagnosed with it, doctors had no clue what it was. It took months to figure out. It's a genetic thing as well. My brother and sister and myself are suppose to get tested on it. If I can help in any way, please send me a message and I can proble answer your questions thru my mother.
Thanks! She is doing pretty well with all the information she found and that my friend sent her, but if I have questions I'll let you know.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #261
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Finally catching up after a week gone with illness and work. I think I posted on FB that I'm sorry you still don't know what is wrong with kitty; and I'm sorry to hear about your sister...I can't even imagine what she must be going through (I'm a picky eater too).

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well in Epcot; you got some great pictures as you walked around though. We really enjoy Universe of Energy with Ellen; we saw it in September for the first time in probably three years, but plan to go back every trip...especially since we weren't all that impressed with Test Track.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #262
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Finally catching up after a week gone with illness and work. I think I posted on FB that I'm sorry you still don't know what is wrong with kitty; and I'm sorry to hear about your sister...I can't even imagine what she must be going through (I'm a picky eater too).

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well in Epcot; you got some great pictures as you walked around though. We really enjoy Universe of Energy with Ellen; we saw it in September for the first time in probably three years, but plan to go back every trip...especially since we weren't all that impressed with Test Track.
Glad you are feeling better! My sister is doing alright with it now that she has found some gluten-free options for things she loves. She's still a bit frustrated at times, but doing alright. And Sweetie is still acting normal for now so I'm happy for that!!

I enjoy Universe too, it's funny and while it is long it never feels that long to me.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #263
PhoenixStrength

DAY TWO, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH, PART THREE

When I left off I had just finished at Universe of Energy. Where to head to next? Well, I had an ADR coming up at Coral Reef, so I headed over to The Seas!

The post sign said a 20 minute wait, which it pretty much was. As I got in line I wanted to get more pictures of the sea life along the wall...

But then I couldn't, as they had walls up while they did some work.

I did make a little buddy as I walked in though!

I had 2 older woman behind me that kept bumping into me, grabbing me as they fell (no, they weren't drunk they just weren't coordinated at all!!!) and complained about the wait time, despite the fact that it was no longer than what was posted. I wanted to say something to them but held my tongue instead.

After 18-20 minutes I was in my clamboat and attempting to take decent pictures. Here are the best I could get!

I still had about 40 minutes until my ADR so I walked around inside the pavilion for a while. I headed to the undersea viewing for the manatees first and was surprised to see them VERY active!! They were both swimming around a ton and not acting like they normally do. The CM there said they get bursts of energy at times and we happened to catch one of them. I only managed to get one good pic while they swam around.

I headed into the aquarium area next and took pics of all of the sea life in the various tanks.

Dory!!

Nemo!

And their friends...

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #264
PhoenixStrength

More sea life from the aquariums!

I headed over to the large tanks next. As I walked up a large Ray swam past.

A Hidden Mickey, with a larger view of the tank (and the ray!).

And some more fishies!

And on the other side was the dolphin, who was swimming around so much that this was the best picture I could get!

By then it was time to head out and around the building for my ADR. I had a 1:20pm ADR for lunch, and it was 1:11pm when I walked in.

I checked in at the desk (and the CMs were much nicer than the one at CRT the evening before. I was handed my buzzer and had a seat where 3 other families were waiting. In less than 5 minutes I was led inside. I was SHOCKED at my table, as they put me right against the aquarium! I hadn't requested it, so I was thrilled I got so lucky.

I soon had a buddy who joined me for a few minutes.

My waiter, Steve (who was fantastic!), came over and got my drink order. While he was getting my drink a CM tried to seat a couple at the table next to me. Keep in mind I was right against the aquarium. Here is the table next to me:

It was maybe 4 feet from the tank? The couple threw a FIT!!! They complained like crazy that the table was unacceptable and they wouldn't take any table not against the aquarium. The CM apologized and said they hasn't asked for one and that the majority of the tables were much further away than that one. They said they would wait for a table against the aquarium to come open and walked back out to the waiting area. The poor CM didn't know what to do except follow them back out.

Steve then brought over my drink and some bread. I told him what had just happened and he just shook his head and said he hoped they weren't seated in his area then as they sounded pretty high-maintenance! Thankfully for him they weren't (though they didn't get a table for 15-20 minutes!) but I feel bad for the server that did get them.

Soon another couple was brought over to that table and they were THRILLED to get that close. We talked quite a bit over the course of the meal and they were both so nice. It was their third time eating at CR, but they had never been on the front tier before and were taking lots of pictures of the tank.

After I ordered my appetizer and entree a diver came over to our window of the tank. He posed for me, and did funny stuff for the other tables in front of my window too, like drawing a heart in bubbles for the couple next to me, and blowing in a seashell for a kid a couple tables over. He was great!

My appetizer soon arrived! I got the Crab Cakes with tropical fruit salsa and tequila aioli (on the side and I never used it!). I'm spoiled living in Maryland to have the BEST crab cakes to eat, but these ones were pretty good. I went into it knowing they weren't MD crab cakes, and that definitely helped me to like them more.

It really was quite delicious. The tropical "fruit" salsa actually had quite a bit of onion in it and it kind of ruined the flavor, but the crab cakes themselves were very good.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #265
PhoenixStrength

While I ate I noticed that there was one of the diving tours going on in the aquarium tank. It was just the snorkel one, where everyone stays on the surface, but you can see the people in several of the pictures I took!

And another tank shot!

My entree soon arrived. I had ordered the Seared Chicken Breast, which was served over spaetzle with vegetables mixed in, and all in chicken broth. It was so delicious!!!!!!!!!! I really loved all of it, from the perfectly cooked chicken, to the yummy spaetzle and the melt in your mouth veggies mixed in. I loved it so much that I only remembered to take a picture of it about 2/3 of the way thru it!

While I ate I took a bunch more tank shots!

A large grouper

Blurry shark

Turtle

The tour group

Once I finished my lunch (which was A LOT of food!) I ordered my dessert, the new Orange Cheesecake with Blood Orange Sauce.

It was a perfect ending to an incredible meal. So yummy that despite being full I ate it all. The blue thing sticking out of the top is pulled sugar, with orange flavoring. It was quite good too.

I took a couple more pictures while enjoying my dessert, one of a sea turtle and one of a ray. The turtle looks a little weird as I tried a different setting on my camera to get it.

While eating my server Steve let me in on a couple "secrets". One is that there are 5 turtles of various size in the tank, which almost no one knows as it's difficult to see them all with how big the tank is. The second secret is that the bread they serve is actually not made on Disney property. They use an offsite bakery that delivers it to them.

I forgot to mention that this ADR was part of the Candlelight Processional package. When I finished my meal Steve gave me my ticket for the CP line to use later.

I finished eating and walked out at 2:25pm, around an hour after being seated. I got one last shot on my way out, of the doors.

NEXT TIME: Characters, Mexico and 3 Wise Men!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #266
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Steph, your pictures came out soooo much better than mine. The coloring in mine was off.

You really did score on the table at the Coral Reef. Too bad the mean/snooty couple didn't realize what a great table they could have had.

Your meal looks really good. I hope that the orange cheesecake is still on the menu when we go in May. I love anything citrus flavored.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #267
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What awesome pictures if the various different fish....you got great ones.

I am do happy that you enjoyed your meal at Coral Reef. I remember you debating it when I talked about the restaurant in my September. I enjoyed the crab cakes, but next time tell them sauce on side.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #268
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Great table! What grumpy people though. I don't get people at all. If you want something ask for it - and be nice! We had such fun eating here - I love the aquarium.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #269
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Boo for the rude ladies behind you in line! I think there needs to be a new rule "no complaining in Disney".

You got some great shots in the Aquarium. I think I have the same one of the Frog Fish, I don't think he ever moves.

Bonus for a table right at the aquarium. You lunch at Coral Reef looks yummy, I can't wait to eat there next month!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #270
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'll admit, I probably would have complained about a 20 minute wait for Nemo too. I've never seen the line that long for that one, and there's no way I'd have believed the sign.

Those are some great aquarium pictures!

That was a very nice stroke of luck to be seated next to the aquarium. It is a shame that the other couple couldn't appreciate their proximity, but if being 4' closer is such a priority that they're willing to waste 20 mintutes waiting, then so be it. I do agree that I feel sorry for their server though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: