Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #211
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What fun update! I think of all the prince and princesses, I like the pictures with Flynn the best. I think it's because he's the one that looked most like his character. You gotta love it when the characters really get into "character" and bring up things from their movies. Loved it!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #212
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Fun update, Stephanie. I wish I could convince Mark to go and do the Princesses with me, but he hasn't broken down yet. You had some great interaction with them. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures with Mickey and Minnie.
You just need to convince him that he will have gorgeous, young Princesses fawning over him. What guy doesn't want that?

I loved my pics with M & M too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What fun update! I think of all the prince and princesses, I like the pictures with Flynn the best. I think it's because he's the one that looked most like his character. You gotta love it when the characters really get into "character" and bring up things from their movies. Loved it!
Flynn does do his character so well! I've never heard of anyone not liking their interaction with him. I also loved that Snow White and Snow Prince brought him into their interaction with me, talking about his smolder face and making fun of it in a sweet way.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #213
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

You have some great pictures there with some great stories from the characters. Very cool stuff indeed. The picture of the castle looks amazing. It looks like they give you a real good sense of a true december/christmas feeling there. great update.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #214
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
You have some great pictures there with some great stories from the characters. Very cool stuff indeed. The picture of the castle looks amazing. It looks like they give you a real good sense of a true december/christmas feeling there. great update.
I was so happy with my character interactions, everyone was great, though some were better than others. And the decorations are wonderful, definitely give you a nice holiday feeling!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #215
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I answered about the missing borders on your thread too, but email Disney PP about it. Someone on the December thread did about their missing borders and got them.
I got a pretty generic answer (thanks for your feedback, blah blah blah), so I sent one back with a more specific request of getting those missing borders (Rapunzel, Chip) and included my PP+ ID number.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #216
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I loved the "snow" falling when we were at Osborne Lights. It looks so neat in your Main Street pictures.

It looks like you had a great time with the Princes and Princesses. Bummer that PP lost some of the photos but at least you got some on your camera!

I love the Christmas outfits that Mickey & Minnie were wearing.

Great shots of the Castle all lit up! I didn't get any good ones with my little camera.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #217
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I got a pretty generic answer (thanks for your feedback, blah blah blah), so I sent one back with a more specific request of getting those missing borders (Rapunzel, Chip) and included my PP+ ID number.
I hope with a more specific request you get a real response, and not a generic reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I loved the "snow" falling when we were at Osborne Lights. It looks so neat in your Main Street pictures.

It looks like you had a great time with the Princes and Princesses. Bummer that PP lost some of the photos but at least you got some on your camera!

I love the Christmas outfits that Mickey & Minnie were wearing.

Great shots of the Castle all lit up! I didn't get any good ones with my little camera.
I was bummed about them losing my Aurora/Phillip PP pics, but at least they got the ones with my camera so I didn't lose them completely.

M & M's outfits were very nice!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #218
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

The prince/princess interactions look like a lot of fun. Definitely above and beyond normal expectations all around. That's a shame they didn't get your PP photos with Aurora and Prince Philip.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #219
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The prince/princess interactions look like a lot of fun. Definitely above and beyond normal expectations all around. That's a shame they didn't get your PP photos with Aurora and Prince Philip.
All of the interactions were great, and better than I expected!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #220
PhoenixStrength

DAY TWO, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH, PART ONE

I woke up that morning around 7am feeling a little sore from all the walking the day before and with my head a little stuffy. I took some Vitamin C then a shower. I then made my way to the bus stops. I was heading here today:

There was only one family of three in line in front of me. The weather was very nice that day, in the 60s and sunny already.

The bus arrived at 8:19am. We all boarded, and by all I mean me and the only 8 other people that were in line. The bus driver waited a couple of minutes to see if anyone else would come, but they didn’t so we pulled out at 8:21am. We had a nice ride and in 11 minutes we arrived at Epcot.

For some reason the bag check line was taking forever, but I made it thru in a few minutes and got in line. There were 20-30 people in each line already. While waiting I got a shot of the Monorail going by, and the Christmas decorations on the entrance turnstiles.

At 8:48am they started the opening speech. They no longer have an opening ceremony, but do still have an announcement basically welcoming you to Epcot and telling you about a few of the attractions. Then they shoot paper streamers at you, which scared the woman behind me so bad I had a hard time not laughing at her. Here are some of the streamers around my feet:

They opened the turnstiles at 8:50am and I was in the park by 8:55am. I took my first picture of Spaceship Earth, then some of the Christmas topiaries that are as you walk in.

I didn’t even really stop to take the pictures, just snapped as I kept going. My first stop was The Land, and since TT was still closed I knew most of the other guests would be headed that way too. I quickly made my way to the building…

I made my way downstairs and grabbed a Fastpass for Soarin’, then got in the standby line to ride it right away.

I love the ride, but that line is so boring. I completely understand why, it’s supposed to look like a terminal and it does, but it makes getting good pictures difficult. Thankfully the line was still non-existent, so I was soon on my number (Row 2) and watching this:

I enjoyed it as always, but it needs a rehab! The tape had spots all in it and the screen was a little dirty. Still a great attraction though, especially the orange scent!

Next stop was the only place I ever eat breakfast at in WDW. I usually only eat a granola bar or the like for breakfast in normal life anyway, but I really like Sunshine Season’s Adult Breakfast Platter. I ordered it and sat down to enjoy it while watching more and more people streaming in The Land pavilion.

I really love the hot-air balloons they have in the pavilion, they are so pretty!

Once I got done eating I figured it made sense to head into Living With the Land since I was right there. There was actually a wait, probably from everyone who either just got off Soarin’ or were waiting for their FP time. It was only about 5 minutes though, so not a bad wait. I took a bunch of pictures of the walls while waiting.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #221
PhoenixStrength

I got up the ride vehicle/boat and got a picture of the wall mural there before we headed off.

I can never get good pictures in the first part, but took a ton in the Greenhouse section. I got the labels in front of the majority of the plants so you can see what they are!

We went into the divider part of the greenhouse, where they keep the seafood and other animals they breed. These pictures just turned out alright, but I’ll post them anyway. I don’t think my camera likes the reddish lighting in there at all!

Then we were in the next part of the greenhouse.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #222
PhoenixStrength

More greenhouse pictures from Living With the Land!

I love this part of the greenhouse, since it has plants being grown in new ways to maximize efficiency in time, resources and produce the most of that product! Very cool ideas in here.

If you look in both the foreground and background of the next few pictures you can see the Christmas decorations they added to this part of the Greenhouse.

The laboratory where the scientists are working on the new techniques they are pioneering in growing crops. And a Hidden Mickey on the right side of this pic.

Then a couple more of the end of the greenhouse tour.

We finished up by going thru the last tunnel and the ride was over!

NEXT TIME: IMAGINATION TIME!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #223
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You did a much better job at getting the signs in the pictures than I did. I totally flopped on that.

I just love Living With The Land and could go on it at least twice every trip. It's one of those attractions that you will see something different on the next go-round.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #224
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Love your update!! Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides in Epcot... Have you ever gone on the Behind The Seeds tour - we did it forever ago but it was very enjoyable!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #225
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You did a much better job at getting the signs in the pictures than I did. I totally flopped on that.

I just love Living With The Land and could go on it at least twice every trip. It's one of those attractions that you will see something different on the next go-round.
I did miss a few of the signs, but try really hard to get them or I forget what most of the plants are!

I really love it too, and would do it twice a trip if I had time to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Love your update!! Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides in Epcot... Have you ever gone on the Behind The Seeds tour - we did it forever ago but it was very enjoyable!
Thanks! I really want to do Behind the Seeds and have planned on it the last 2 trips and didn't get a chance either time. I definitely plan on doing it eventually!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: