Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #196
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylvr4vr View Post
Love the update! Sounds like you had lots of great character interaction, and lots of luck and pixie dust with the lines! !! I loved all of the photos of the parade and your interaction with grumpy cracked me up!

Can't wait to hear more!

I was truly at how short the lines were for the headline characters, as a few nights earlier I know people who waited over an hour for them each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
You had some great luck with characters at the party! Short wait times even for the popular ones!

I love all of your pictures of the parade! I spotted my favorite guy in there!

The pirate band looked like fun. Do they just play for MVMCP?
Yes, Pluto came out right at the beginning of the parade!

I've seen them do shows on that stage before with pirates, but I've never seen the band play anytime but MVMCP. They could and I've just missed them though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sometimes I think the waiting is harder than the news. I'm keeping that sweet kittie in my prayers.

What wonderful updates. We totally skipped seeing any characters except for Mickey and Minnie (I think if we go again this December we will go back to the party and concentrate on the characters). I love all the pics, but especially like the one with you and Scrooge and the one with the 7 Dwarfs.

Looks like you had a fun night, and I know you aren't done yet.
The waiting is hard, but the fact that she is acting normal is helping me deal with it.

If you go again you should definitely do at least some of the characters. It's so cool to know you are interacting with characters that are almost never out, like Scrooge, 7 Dwarfs, etc.

And yup, there's more to come! Hoping to get done Day 1 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Love your picture heavy update!! So did DD3 She was impressed you met Tinkerbelle and Periwinkle (just to fill you in she tells me she is a water fairy) I love the pics though! Got to see all the things I missed at MVMCP!
Hi to your DD!! My cousin's daughter was very impressed I met Tink and Peri too, and loved seeing my pictures of them. Glad to help you see the things you missed!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #197
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I loved these updates! (Not that I don't enjoy the others but....) I can't believe that you were able to see all of those characters without waiting for long periods of time. Every time I read a review of the meet and greets with the step-sisters, everybody says that it was one of their favorites. They look so darn funny!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #198
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I loved these updates! (Not that I don't enjoy the others but....) I can't believe that you were able to see all of those characters without waiting for long periods of time. Every time I read a review of the meet and greets with the step-sisters, everybody says that it was one of their favorites. They look so darn funny!
I really only expected to see maybe 3-4 characters at most that night, especially since the first 90 minutes of the party I was in CRT! I wound up seeing 12 (counting couples or groups as one meet)!

The Step-Sisters were pretty funny, but they weren't my best interaction of the night, that is still coming up later with the next update. But their poses in the pictures were probably the best!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #199
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Those were some great character meets! You really did luck out on the lines. When we went to MVMCP those lines all seemed to be long and we didn't end up doing many character meets.

I have to say that I was really impressed by Peter Pan picking the flowers. I wonder if he got in any trouble for that one.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #200
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Those were some great character meets! You really did luck out on the lines. When we went to MVMCP those lines all seemed to be long and we didn't end up doing many character meets.

I have to say that I was really impressed by Peter Pan picking the flowers. I wonder if he got in any trouble for that one.
I was so happy the lines were so short for so many characters. I think the longest line I waited in at either MVMCP I went to was Peter Pan, and that was mainly because the first 15 minutes was waiting for them to come back from a break.

I hope he didn't get in trouble for it, as the handler and Wendy were both when he did it. And not acting like they were shocked, but really surprised.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #201
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Sorry about all the health problems surrounding you, both human and feline.

Some of your pictures from the CRT update are not showing.

Wow! What AMAZING luck with all those popular characters during the party! I've never heard of such a short wait for the Dwarves. And no one in line for the fairies, incredible!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #202
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Sorry about all the health problems surrounding you, both human and feline.

Some of your pictures from the CRT update are not showing.

Wow! What AMAZING luck with all those popular characters during the party! I've never heard of such a short wait for the Dwarves. And no one in line for the fairies, incredible!
Thanks!

I fixed the CRT pictures. This is the third time I've had to replace the links. Photobucket is really making me this week!!! Here is the link for the update so you can see them without having to try to find it again:
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=159

I waited for 2.5 hours for the 7 Dwarfs in 2010 (2 of those were before the party started though!), so only a 12-15 minute wait was insane to me!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #203
PhoenixStrength

DAY ONE, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29TH, PART NINE

After leaving Tinkerbell and Periwinkle I decided to head to the front of the park. Not to leave, but to visit the princesses with their princes. Just as I got to Main Street the parade reached there, so I headed thru the shops on the right side and then cut across to the Main Street Theater and made it in right before everyone else leaving from watching the parade did. I got a quick shot of the "snow" falling along the way.

I got into the princess line and only had to wait about 5 minutes before getting to meet the first of them, Rapunzel and Flynn. I'm sure it will surprise no one that Flynn was immediately hilarious. He complimented me on my hat, saying he wanted one for Pascal. When I made a comment about not knowing if he could find one small enough to fit Pascal he told me he wanted one that big since he could fit Pascal in it. Rapunzel did not like that, and they had an "argument" about it, with Flynn saying he likes Pascal but doesn't appreciate it when Pascal sticks his tongue in his ear when he is trying to sleep. They talked like that for a minute or two before "remembering" that I was there and deciding they should pose with me.

First, the one from my camera:

Then a bunch from the PP!

Next up was Snow White and her Prince (he really needs an actual name!). Prince talked to me for a bit about how he and Prince Phillip are teaching Flynn how to be a prince. He said he was doing well with the first few lessons, but needed some help with his face, as he always looks like "he is eating too many lemons" AKA the smolder. Snow was all kinds of sweetly "sincerely concerned" that Flynn's face would stick like that if he didn't lay off the citrus. I was trying so hard not to crack up at her because she was nailing Snow White's character so well with the sweetness and concern.

Picture from my camera:

And PP pics

Last of the Princesses was Aurora and Prince Phillip. Phillip may have had the best line of the entire trip. He saw my shirt and asked if I really had a carriage. Playing along I said yes, and he asked how many horses I had to pull it. I remarked with my best sad face that I only have one, so I couldn't go very fast. He just smiled a smile that was half Cheshire Cat and half completely sweet and said "I guess then at this time of the year you have a one horse open sleigh". Aurora looked stunned as he had not skipped a beat and came up with that very quickly, while I started laughing. He looked so very proud of himself for it too.

Unfortunately PP put someone else's pics of Aurora and Phillip on my card, and couldn't find mine. Thankfully they did take 3 pictures of the interaction with my camera.

Talking about the carriage, I mean sleigh.

And a nice posed picture

I headed out of the dump shop after I finished with the princesses and back into the Main Street Theater to get in line for Minnie and Mickey. They cut the line off a couple of minutes after I got into it. That line was longer, but I still only waited about 15-20 minutes before getting this picture:

After our posed picture I got a hug from each of them before I left.

It was 11:50pm by the time I got done with Mickey and Minnie, so I decided to leave. First though I headed here:

Where is that? The Main Street railroad station, so I could get these pictures:

Then I did head out, with a ton of other people. Taking one last shot on my way out of the goodbye sign:

I made my way to the POP bus stop and was on a bus at 12:11am and back to POP at 12:30am. I went straight to bed, as I had another big day the next day!!

NEXT TIME: EPCOT FUN!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #204
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Great interaction! How funny from Prince Philip. Your Snow White looks like a good one, glad she acted the part well too.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #205
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Love your update!! I have a feeling DH is going to dragged to meet many characters on our October trip!! I really want to meet Rapunzel & Flynn after everyone's stories!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #206
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oh man, you gut such funny interactions! You had a very productive evening character wise.

I can't find that Tangled border on my photopass. I was so disappointed to find that there was no border for Rapunzel. I wonder if they took it off, or if I'm just blind.

That picture with the castle from the train station is gorgeous! I guess they hadn't put up the tree yet? If so, you traveled at the perfect time! While I like the Christmas trees around Disney, I find the one in the Magic Kingdom to be more of an inconvenience.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #207
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Great interaction! How funny from Prince Philip. Your Snow White looks like a good one, glad she acted the part well too.
I was very happy with all 3 princess interactions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Love your update!! I have a feeling DH is going to dragged to meet many characters on our October trip!! I really want to meet Rapunzel & Flynn after everyone's stories!
Everyone I know that has met R & F has had a great interaction with them. They were my parents favorite interaction when they went 2 weeks before I did.

Quote:
Oh man, you gut such funny interactions! You had a very productive evening character wise.

I can't find that Tangled border on my photopass. I was so disappointed to find that there was no border for Rapunzel. I wonder if they took it off, or if I'm just blind.

That picture with the castle from the train station is gorgeous! I guess they hadn't put up the tree yet? If so, you traveled at the perfect time! While I like the Christmas trees around Disney, I find the one in the Magic Kingdom to be more of an inconvenience.
Darn, I hope you find that border, as I was so happy they had them for my pictures.

They put up the tree a couple of days later, they still had the stage set up from the parade taping so I was able to get a great view! I agree that it is an inconvenience where it is. The trees at the other 3 parks are good locations.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #208
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Darn, I hope you find that border, as I was so happy they had them for my pictures.

They put up the tree a couple of days later, they still had the stage set up from the parade taping so I was able to get a great view! I agree that it is an inconvenience where it is. The trees at the other 3 parks are good locations.
I looked again to make sure I hadn't overlooked it. There's not there. I did find one border that was only available for Rapunzel. It had purple pixie dust, but the image is of Cinderella's blue dress and it also has some needle and thread. That should be for Cinderella! Yet that one is not even available for Cinderella, she has some blue pixie dust with a pumpkin.

I agree, the tree at the other parks is much better.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #209
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
I looked again to make sure I hadn't overlooked it. There's not there. I did find one border that was only available for Rapunzel. It had purple pixie dust, but the image is of Cinderella's blue dress and it also has some needle and thread. That should be for Cinderella! Yet that one is not even available for Cinderella, she has some blue pixie dust with a pumpkin.

I agree, the tree at the other parks is much better.
I answered about the missing borders on your thread too, but email Disney PP about it. Someone on the December thread did about their missing borders and got them.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #210
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Fun update, Stephanie. I wish I could convince Mark to go and do the Princesses with me, but he hasn't broken down yet. You had some great interaction with them. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures with Mickey and Minnie.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: