Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #166
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I need to ask for prayers for another reason now.

This past Saturday I took 2 of my cats to the vet for their rabies vaccine. While one was fine and had no issues at all, my cat Sweetie has lost 2 lbs in a year. Being that she is a tiny cat and was only 7.5 lbs to begin with, her being down to 5.2 lbs now was a big concern. We did blood work as my vet was very concerned with it being her thyroid.

The vet called me tonight with good news, bad news and potentially horrible news. The good news was that her thyroid levels were great, along with her liver and kidneys. The bad news was that she has a urinary tract infection, though I'll be starting her on antibiotics for that tomorrow and she'll be okay from that. The potentially horrible news, and the reason I am asking for prayers, is that her calcium levels were very elevated. The 3 biggest reasons for that are thyroid or kidney problems, which are pretty much ruled out since the levels for them came back fine, and cancer. She is only about 7, and the thought of losing her to cancer is devastating. There are a few other reasons it could be elevated, but they are unlikely, though not impossible. I'm waiting to hear back from the vet again about the next tests to run to determine what is causing the elevated calcium. I would appreciate any and all prayers and positive, healing thoughts that it's not cancer, and something treatable instead.

Thank you all so much. Sweetie thanks you too!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #167
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stephanie, I will be keeping Sweetie in my thoughts and prayers that they find it is not cancer but something very treatable. She is such a pretty kitty...give her a little hug for me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #168
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stephanie, I will be keeping Sweetie in my thoughts and prayers that they find it is not cancer but something very treatable. She is such a pretty kitty...give her a little hug for me.
Thanks Kathy. I will give her a hug and some pets from you, she will love them!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #169
lissaD02
Earning My Ears

Poor Kitty. I hope everything works out.

My first Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post47117101

1979 - 1998 20 off site trips

2008 ASM
2010 POP
2012 ASM
2014 TBD
Old 01-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #170
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Oh no, poor kitty! I really hope everything is ok. It's so hard when one of your fur babies is hurting because they can't tell you what's wrong.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #171
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
I need to ask for prayers for another reason now.

This past Saturday I took 2 of my cats to the vet for their rabies vaccine. While one was fine and had no issues at all, my cat Sweetie has lost 2 lbs in a year. Being that she is a tiny cat and was only 7.5 lbs to begin with, her being down to 5.2 lbs now was a big concern. We did blood work as my vet was very concerned with it being her thyroid.

The vet called me tonight with good news, bad news and potentially horrible news. The good news was that her thyroid levels were great, along with her liver and kidneys. The bad news was that she has a urinary tract infection, though I'll be starting her on antibiotics for that tomorrow and she'll be okay from that. The potentially horrible news, and the reason I am asking for prayers, is that her calcium levels were very elevated. The 3 biggest reasons for that are thyroid or kidney problems, which are pretty much ruled out since the levels for them came back fine, and cancer. She is only about 7, and the thought of losing her to cancer is devastating. There are a few other reasons it could be elevated, but they are unlikely, though not impossible. I'm waiting to hear back from the vet again about the next tests to run to determine what is causing the elevated calcium. I would appreciate any and all prayers and positive, healing thoughts that it's not cancer, and something treatable instead.

Thank you all so much. Sweetie thanks you too!
Steph - what an emotional roller coaster you have been on. So much has been going on! I really hope that Sweetie is ok and it's not cancer. It's always upsetting when you know they are not at 100%.... Plus when little skinny fur babies lose weight it's sad (my 70lb dog is skinny for his size, he loses 5lbs and is all bones and it happens quick and easily when they are skinny likec that)

Ok, once you get through this - we need for you to have time to chill out! Only good happy news for you!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #172
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Ok- love your last update. I think we had Jay as a server there too on Monday! We loved CRT as a family meal, while the food was good, the service we received was amazing!! Plus, my 3 year old was in awe meeting Cinderella (I kinda was too) she still tells me how she loves her sparkly blue dress. It is now a must for every trip- however we had issues with princess pictures too- my thought is to avoid the castle at night and stick to breakfast and lunch.

I can't believe you are on day one still!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #173
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissaD02 View Post
Poor Kitty. I hope everything works out.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Oh no, poor kitty! I really hope everything is ok. It's so hard when one of your fur babies is hurting because they can't tell you what's wrong.
Thing is, she is acting 100% normal. Still very high energy, playing, affectionate, eating, drinking, etc. That's why I'm so surprised. I just took her in for her rabies vaccine and now I have all of this going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Steph - what an emotional roller coaster you have been on. So much has been going on! I really hope that Sweetie is ok and it's not cancer. It's always upsetting when you know they are not at 100%.... Plus when little skinny fur babies lose weight it's sad (my 70lb dog is skinny for his size, he loses 5lbs and is all bones and it happens quick and easily when they are skinny likec that)

Ok, once you get through this - we need for you to have time to chill out! Only good happy news for you!
When it rains it pours, right? I am really hoping it's her urinary tract infection that is throwing the calcium levels off, and nothing major.

Quote:
Ok- love your last update. I think we had Jay as a server there too on Monday! We loved CRT as a family meal, while the food was good, the service we received was amazing!! Plus, my 3 year old was in awe meeting Cinderella (I kinda was too) she still tells me how she loves her sparkly blue dress. It is now a must for every trip- however we had issues with princess pictures too- my thought is to avoid the castle at night and stick to breakfast and lunch.

I can't believe you are on day one still!!!
That's cool that you probably had Jay too, he was a great waiter and made the whole experience!

I think it's the lighting in there that really messed with the pictures, those little lamps are very bright and throw off the camera.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #174
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Thanks!

Thing is, she is acting 100% normal. Still very high energy, playing, affectionate, eating, drinking, etc. That's why I'm so surprised. I just took her in for her rabies vaccine and now I have all of this going on.

When it rains it pours, right? I am really hoping it's her urinary tract infection that is throwing the calcium levels off, and nothing major.

That's cool that you probably had Jay too, he was a great waiter and made the whole experience!

I think it's the lighting in there that really messed with the pictures, those little lamps are very bright and throw off the camera.
Yeah he brought out a pizza for Olive and fruit for her which was great since she wasn't "chargeable" He just really was into the details.

The lighting in there was terrible, and the other issue I had was other people's flashes (my mom, MIL and nearby people) which threw my camera off.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #175
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First off, I sure hope that the vet can find out what's going on with your fur baby soon. I know that you are worried sick.

Back to Disney: It was good to hear that, despite the grumpy castmember at the check-in podium, your meal at CRT was good. It sounds like your server was fantastic and the food looks delicious.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #176
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Any news on Sweetie?

I have to take my Eddie back for some more testing because they found some discrepancies in his urine test. I'm hoping it's just another urinary tract infection, he tends to get those a lot. Of course the vet has to scare me with talk of kidney stones and possible surgery!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #177
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Yeah he brought out a pizza for Olive and fruit for her which was great since she wasn't "chargeable" He just really was into the details.

The lighting in there was terrible, and the other issue I had was other people's flashes (my mom, MIL and nearby people) which threw my camera off.
I really liked Jay, and I'm glad he was great for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First off, I sure hope that the vet can find out what's going on with your fur baby soon. I know that you are worried sick.

Back to Disney: It was good to hear that, despite the grumpy castmember at the check-in podium, your meal at CRT was good. It sounds like your server was fantastic and the food looks delicious.
Thank you so much! She seems fine, which is great at least.

The food was definitely delicious, and I would go back in a second. The CM at check-in was a little rude, but nothing horrible and didn't destroy the experience for me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Any news on Sweetie?

I have to take my Eddie back for some more testing because they found some discrepancies in his urine test. I'm hoping it's just another urinary tract infection, he tends to get those a lot. Of course the vet has to scare me with talk of kidney stones and possible surgery!
Nothing yet, still waiting to hear back on the next test(s) to run for her. Until then, she is still acting completely normal. And loving her twice a day snack of canned food to take her meds in!

Fingers crossed for Eddie! I know why the vets give you worst case, so you're relieved when it's not or prepared if it is, but it is scary. That's what I am hoping happened here, and that cancer is not the cause of Sweetie's elevated calcium!

Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #178
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I guessed right. I have a love/hate thing with that ride. I love it for the nostalgia factor, but the music can absolutely drive me bonkers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

I walked up to the desk at CRT to try to check in at 6:40pm (with a 6:55pm ADR). I was told, somewhat rudely, by the CM to come back in 5 minutes as you could not check in any less than 10 minutes before your ADR. I walked to the side for a bit (and saw her tell several other families/couples the same thing). At about 6:47pm I checked in, and she was much nicer.
I had something similar happen to us at Chef Mickeys. It really irritated me. First of all, they warn you to allow travel time for an ADR and to arrive early, but then they don't want to check you in because you are early. And on top of that, they have to be short with you and give you this evil look like you should know better than to try to waste their time by checking in early!!! Sorry, you hit on a sensitive subject.

The dinner overall looks like a nice experience. Especially your interaction with Ariel. It is always nice when a character takes a little time for some extra special attention.

I hope there's nothing too serious with Sweetie.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #179
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I guessed right. I have a love/hate thing with that ride. I love it for the nostalgia factor, but the music can absolutely drive me bonkers!!!

I had something similar happen to us at Chef Mickeys. It really irritated me. First of all, they warn you to allow travel time for an ADR and to arrive early, but then they don't want to check you in because you are early. And on top of that, they have to be short with you and give you this evil look like you should know better than to try to waste their time by checking in early!!! Sorry, you hit on a sensitive subject.

The dinner overall looks like a nice experience. Especially your interaction with Ariel. It is always nice when a character takes a little time for some extra special attention.

I hope there's nothing too serious with Sweetie.

When I was checking into Coral Reef the next day the CM told the family behind us that they also couldn't check in more than 10 minutes early, though she was much nicer to them than that CM was to me.

My interaction with Ariel there was the best the whole trip, though I did have some other good ones, that are coming up!

And thank you. I definitely hope it's nothing serious too!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #180
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Sorry I have mia lately Steph. Getting over a tough cold. Will say a prayer and send best wishes for your Cats to get well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: