Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #136
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

DAY ONE, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29TH, PART SIX

When I left off I had just finished riding Dumbo (clockwise!!). I headed next door to Barnstormer next, but first the train started rolling into the station, so I took some pictures while it was there.

In that last picture you can see them filling the front cart with water to run the steam train. There was a little boy standing next to me watching who was enthralled with that process!

Once the train left I approached the line for Barnstormer with the Great Goofini. I hadn't rode this with the new theming obviously, but the last time I rode it in Toontown was 2008. The wait time said 20 minutes, but unlike Dumbo this was accurate. But the wait wasn't too bad, mostly because the little boy who was enthralled by the train was in front of me with his older brother and Dad, and they were entertaining as both boys were adorable! I also took quite a few pictures while waiting.

Pretty much exactly 20 minutes later, maybe a couple minutes less, I was in the front of the line, waiting to board.

That is a shot of some of the stuff on the unloading part of the platform. I was soon in the front train of the ride vehicle and heading off. I did get one picture from the top of the first hill before we started speeding around.

I left Storybook Circus then to head back to FLE to try again for Under the Sea with Little Mermaid.

The wait sign for LM said 50 minutes, though the CM out front said it was probably more like 40 and since I really wanted to ride it I went in. I will just say right now that the line is incredible!! It is incredibly detailed in it's theming all the way thru. First, a few pictures as I walked into the line.

Some examples of the great theming? Even the walkway and walls have seashells and starfish in them.

And the bridged walkways are ships!

And lots more....Here are some other pictures of the outside portion of the line.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #137
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

My uncle is back in the hospital. He went in to his regular heart doctor today for a scheduled appointment and his doctor was FURIOUS as he was never notified of everything that happened to my uncle while he was in the hospital, including the heart attack he had. So he ran a bunch of tests and found several clots in my uncle's legs. He was immediately admitted and will have a procedure done in the morning to get rid of them before they kill him. He will be there at least 2 days after the procedure to recover and for them to make sure they got them all. That's if he survives the procedure, as he is extremely sensitive to anesthesia and almost died during his last procedure that needed to be done.

Thanks to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. Seems he needs even more now.
I really feel for your family! Not catching a break or breather in so many aspects. I wish him all the luck and that the procedure goes well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #138
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

My uncle is back in the hospital. He went in to his regular heart doctor today for a scheduled appointment and his doctor was FURIOUS as he was never notified of everything that happened to my uncle while he was in the hospital, including the heart attack he had. So he ran a bunch of tests and found several clots in my uncle's legs. He was immediately admitted and will have a procedure done in the morning to get rid of them before they kill him. He will be there at least 2 days after the procedure to recover and for them to make sure they got them all. That's if he survives the procedure, as he is extremely sensitive to anesthesia and almost died during his last procedure that needed to be done.

Thanks to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. Seems he needs even more now.

I'm glad he had an appointment and they caught this. My dad had blood clots in his legs after his cancer treatments, and it burst and shot up to his lungs...we almost lost him. Luckily, he was in the hospital when it happened and they got him up to CCU immediately and he remained there for 10 days. My brother recently had blood clots in his legs and they were able to treat it and release him in two days.

My prayers continue for you and your family.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #139
PhoenixStrength

Once you get to the indoor part of the line you get to the interactive part. There is a sign on each side explaining it.

You can kind of see the crab in this picture, the blue blur in the middle! I didn't get to do much of this, as the kids in front of me kept doing it and the line was actually moving at a good pace.

A few more interior shots, including Scuttle, who talks to you for a while.

A gorgeous mural as you load into your clamboat

Then the ride began, starting with an explanation from Scuttle...

Then we headed underwater. This is a great effect where the water and bubbles came up the clamboat behind you, which you are facing at that moment, along with sounds that make it seem like your entering the ocean.

"Part of Your World" scene

Let the singing and dancing begin! I'll just post some pictures for a bit of the scene where they are singing "Under the Sea". I love how many of the fish I recognized from the movie. There are more than this, but many didn't turn out that great.

Then she is transformed to her human form by Ursula, who didn't show up at all in my pictures but looked great.

My shots for "Kiss the Girl" were horrible, so lets skip to the ending, shall we?

NEXT TIME: I'LL NEVER GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD IN TIME FOR DINNER!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #140
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I really feel for your family! Not catching a break or breather in so many aspects. I wish him all the luck and that the procedure goes well.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm glad he had an appointment and they caught this. My dad had blood clots in his legs after his cancer treatments, and it burst and shot up to his lungs...we almost lost him. Luckily, he was in the hospital when it happened and they got him up to CCU immediately and he remained there for 10 days. My brother recently had blood clots in his legs and they were able to treat it and release him in two days.

My prayers continue for you and your family.

Good luck that your Dad was in the hospital when it happened at least. I'm glad he and your brother were both treated and okay. Clots are so scary.

Thank you so much Kathy.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #141
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Hi! Love all your pictures ... its so cool to see other hotels, love your pictures of Pop! I also felt intimidated by the GF, though it was a cool place to visit ... and Poly is pretty true to form since in Hawaii we aren't too big on Xmas decorations. Mostly around here its just listening to "Mele Kalikimaka" a million times over since its what the tourists expect to hear, and they prefer their decor tropical, even around the holidays.

Hope your uncle has better mental-and-physical health days ahead soon!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #142
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Pictures looks so amazing and breath taking. I would say that disney could use you as a photo pass photographer
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #143
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm sorry to hear more bad news about your uncle. It's a good thing they caught the clots and hopefully there aren't any issues in dealing with them.

I really like the scenery at the Little Mermaid ride. I only rode it using Fast Pass, but I clearly should have done standby at some point. The scenery along the line looks really amazing. I'd also like to try that crab game sometime too. I think my favorite part of the ride is the beginning scene when you go under the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

NEXT TIME: I'LL NEVER GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD IN TIME FOR DINNER!
It's a Small World???
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #144
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's a good thing that your uncle's doctor found out about the clots when he did. I hope that he does well now that he's back in the hospital. Hopefully, this doctor will be able to talk him into going into some sort of rehab facility. Do you think that your aunt could talk with the doctor privately and make that suggestion?

I am so excited to see the pictures of the new Little Mermaid attraction. It looks like the theming is done so well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #145
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are amazing!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #146
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Hi! Love all your pictures ... its so cool to see other hotels, love your pictures of Pop! I also felt intimidated by the GF, though it was a cool place to visit ... and Poly is pretty true to form since in Hawaii we aren't too big on Xmas decorations. Mostly around here its just listening to "Mele Kalikimaka" a million times over since its what the tourists expect to hear, and they prefer their decor tropical, even around the holidays.

Hope your uncle has better mental-and-physical health days ahead soon!

Thanks! I think the Poly is a gorgeous resort, and the decorations they had were nice, I just wasn't overwhelmed with a Christmas-y feel. But what you said makes sense as far as why.

Thanks, I hope so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Pictures looks so amazing and breath taking. I would say that disney could use you as a photo pass photographer
Thank you! At one time I did want to become a professional photographer, but never went to school for it. I've thought about it from time to time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm sorry to hear more bad news about your uncle. It's a good thing they caught the clots and hopefully there aren't any issues in dealing with them.

I really like the scenery at the Little Mermaid ride. I only rode it using Fast Pass, but I clearly should have done standby at some point. The scenery along the line looks really amazing. I'd also like to try that crab game sometime too. I think my favorite part of the ride is the beginning scene when you go under the sea.

It's a Small World???
Thank you. I'm glad they caught them too!

That beginning scene where you go under the water is pretty cool, and a very nice touch as they could have just started the scenes without it but adding that just gave a nice touch. Definitely go thru the standby line at some point, as the details and crab game are pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's a good thing that your uncle's doctor found out about the clots when he did. I hope that he does well now that he's back in the hospital. Hopefully, this doctor will be able to talk him into going into some sort of rehab facility. Do you think that your aunt could talk with the doctor privately and make that suggestion?

I am so excited to see the pictures of the new Little Mermaid attraction. It looks like the theming is done so well.
I know the hospital has already tried to talk to him about giving the rehab a chance once he gets out in a couple of days, and so has my aunt. I hope he listens this time, but to be honest I doubt he will.

I'm excited for you all to see it too! Definitely do the standby line if you can, as the theming is wonderful. I'm sure I missed some things even while talking to the couple in front of me about how wonderful the theming was!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #147
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Your pictures are amazing!
Thank you! I really love my camera (Nikon Coolpix L120).

Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #148
beachta1
Mouseketeer

Just joining your TR, what a great one! I'm also from MD. I can't imagine going to WDW alone, I think I'd be lonely waiting in lines for rides and stuff. But great for you for going and enjoying the places at your pace. I can imagine it is nice to do the rides, take breaks, etc whenever you want to.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #149
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Stephanie. You got some really great shots on the outside of the Mermaid ride. I was blown away by all the detail...they did a superb job.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #150
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
Just joining your TR, what a great one! I'm also from MD. I can't imagine going to WDW alone, I think I'd be lonely waiting in lines for rides and stuff. But great for you for going and enjoying the places at your pace. I can imagine it is nice to do the rides, take breaks, etc whenever you want to.
You'd be surprised how many people at WDW will talk to you in line and at restuarants. I don't know if there was any line in which I didn't talk to other guests. So I wasn't really lonely at all.

It is quite nice to be able to do things at your own pace (which in my case is fast!!!) and do what you want and skip what you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Stephanie. You got some really great shots on the outside of the Mermaid ride. I was blown away by all the detail...they did a superb job.
Thanks Kathy! I was blown away too. I expected it to be well done, but was surprised by all the little things that I noticed. And I'm sure I missed a lot too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: