Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #121
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Thanks for all of the love and support. It was a tough day, but I am kind of relieved to have it behind me now.

I took the weekend off from work - partly because of Thursday (and not knowing how I would react) and partly because we had a bunch of things to do. I rarely get weekends off, and I hate working on the weekend. I think that those days should be spent with family. So that is exactly what I did this weekend!

DH and I went to a stag and doe for his cousin


And both of my brothers had baseball, so I watched some of that (with Scarlett, of course)


My little brother slept over Sunday night because I had to take him to the doctors yesterday, so I got to spend lots of time with him! Scarlett was tired out from all of the fun


My mom went to WDW from Thursday to Monday (lucky lady!!) So she was home last night, and we all went out for dinner. She surprised me by bringing me back a few souvenirs…

She got me the mug and tea pot that go with the rest of the Disney kitchen items that I have. An a beautiful Thomas Kinkade puzzle! Needless to say, I was thrilled!! I am quite lucky to have such a wonderful mom

__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #122
happybelle
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Computer
Posts: 518

I saw you on Judy's report and just wanted to say I am sorry. Glad you had a full, fun weekend.
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #123
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Okay, I am going to try once again to get my DHS plans updated now!

I got my income tax return and currently have more than enough money in the bank for this trip that DH and I want to take, but I can't in good conscience book a trip without having a more stable job. I've had a couple of good interviews (although no jobs) so I am hoping that if I keep pushing something good will come my way real soon and we can get some dates nailed down for this trip!

Anyway, DHS!

The Magic of Disney Animation
I absolutely love the drawing class. It is such a unique experience. I try to go at least once a trip. So far, I haven't doubled up on any characters!


The Great Movie Ride
This is a classic favourite that we do on every trip. I seem to always get the gangster scene though, maybe next time I can see the cowboy one!


TSM!
While I don't go crazy over this ride like many other people do, I do really enjoy it and would like to go on it at least once. We got the Wii game for my brother for Christmas, so I've practiced up a bit!


One Man's Dream
I love learning about Walt and what he accomplished. There is a lot to see inside this attraction so I would like to go in again.


Osborne Lights
If we decide to take our trip in December, this is a MUST DO. DH has never been at Christmas, and I loved the lights so much, I can't wait to see them again. I felt a teeny bit rushed when we went in December 2012, so I would like to take my time, soaking it all up, taking pictures, and enjoying myself!



Other:
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage - I love this show and it is a great way to break up your day and sit down for a bit.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid - I always seem to miss this one because of show times, so I'd like to plan ahead and make sure to catch it
- Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - Is this show still there? I know that there are a lot of changes happening, but I haven't seen this in years and DH never has!
- Star Tours - I really enjoyed the new version of this ride, and DH enjoyed the old one, so it is definitely something that we will do
- Muppet Vision 3-D - It has also been a while since I've seen this one, so I will be sure to drag DH to it!
- Fantasmic! - Every trip I say that I am going to see this. One of these times, I actually will!

Lots of shows to see at DHS! That is a bit troubling, since the times don't always work out. I don't need to do everything on this list, but I would like to do as much as I can. DHS isn't usually a multi day park for us.
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #124
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybelle View Post
I saw you on Judy's report and just wanted to say I am sorry. Glad you had a full, fun weekend.

Thank you so much for your kind words
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #125
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

I love that teapot!

I've never done the drawing class at DHS. We did the little movie when you first walk in and then did pictures with characters, but we had somewhere to be so we didn't have time for the drawing class. One day!

I got to see Osborne Family Lights last year and they were amazing!

I love TSM.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #126
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I love that teapot!

I've never done the drawing class at DHS. We did the little movie when you first walk in and then did pictures with characters, but we had somewhere to be so we didn't have time for the drawing class. One day!

I got to see Osborne Family Lights last year and they were amazing!

I love TSM.
Thanks! I love the teapot too, and I've looked at it on my last couple of trips but didn't actually buy it. My mom knows what I like lol

You should definitely do the drawing class, it is so much fun. I "forced" my mom and grandma to go in December - they really didn't want to go in, but they ended up loving it.
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #127
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,859

Awesome souvenirs from your Mom! I actually have that Thomas Kincade print on my wall! My Mom got it for me for Christmas.

I am crossing my fingers that you find a good job soon so you can go to Disney!

Your DHS plans sound wonderful. I discovered the drawing class on my solo trip and I think it's going to be a must do now.

The Indiana Jones show is still there. I haven't seen it since 2011 but I'm sure DH will want to in October.

Not that you need more but if you haven't seen the Lights, Motor, Action show, it's really pretty good. I know I will be taking DH there in October because he likes cars and spy movies and the show kind of combines those two things.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #128
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic
 
CtinaDitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 383

I have never done the drawing class but I've always wanted to! My sister is actually going to school for animation so going with her is just infair! She's just too darn talented! Maybe one day we'll see some of her animation in Disney movies!

The Great Movie Ride is also a favorite of mine! I have been to Disney over 20 times and only JUST saw the Cowboy scene December 2011. I was not a fan of it, not sure why... Maybe it threw me for a loop but I don't know... I like the Gangster scene.

I'm like you. TSM is not a must do for us but it's fun to do if we can get a fastpass. Last time we did it DH got startled by one of the balls and slammed his head into the back of the ride! Lol. He was a smidge bit embarrassed!

I've also never done One Man's Dream. Last time I was there with my family (no DH) I was in a bad mood because my parents couldn't do Disney like we used to and didn't want to stand in any line longer than 20 minutes. I hope to be able to do this on our next trip because DH and I love history.

Oh my gosh... The Osbourne Lights... My DH has never seen them either but oh my goodness... They are beautiful. There's fake snow falling and gorgeous lights everywhere... It's breathtaking. That same trip I mentioned above with my family, I felt rushed as well. I could have spent hours there just sitting there taking it all in. I hope you get to experience those!

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is still there for now. I've also heard a lot of the rumors but that show is still there. It's a must-do for me every trip. I named one of my dogs (that now lives with my parents) after Indiana Jones.

Your plans are getting me excited! We seem to want to do all of the same things. Very very cool.
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #129
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Awesome souvenirs from your Mom! I actually have that Thomas Kincade print on my wall! My Mom got it for me for Christmas.

I am crossing my fingers that you find a good job soon so you can go to Disney!

Your DHS plans sound wonderful. I discovered the drawing class on my solo trip and I think it's going to be a must do now.

The Indiana Jones show is still there. I haven't seen it since 2011 but I'm sure DH will want to in October.

Not that you need more but if you haven't seen the Lights, Motor, Action show, it's really pretty good. I know I will be taking DH there in October because he likes cars and spy movies and the show kind of combines those two things.
It is a beautiful print, your mom and I mom must think alike! I'm glad that you discovered the drawing class, it is so much fun! I have seen the LMA show, and I'm pretty sure DH has too. It's not a favourite of mine and I don't think he cares either way. It is probably on the "maybe if we have time" list lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
I have never done the drawing class but I've always wanted to! My sister is actually going to school for animation so going with her is just infair! She's just too darn talented! Maybe one day we'll see some of her animation in Disney movies!

The Great Movie Ride is also a favorite of mine! I have been to Disney over 20 times and only JUST saw the Cowboy scene December 2011. I was not a fan of it, not sure why... Maybe it threw me for a loop but I don't know... I like the Gangster scene.

I'm like you. TSM is not a must do for us but it's fun to do if we can get a fastpass. Last time we did it DH got startled by one of the balls and slammed his head into the back of the ride! Lol. He was a smidge bit embarrassed!

I've also never done One Man's Dream. Last time I was there with my family (no DH) I was in a bad mood because my parents couldn't do Disney like we used to and didn't want to stand in any line longer than 20 minutes. I hope to be able to do this on our next trip because DH and I love history.

Oh my gosh... The Osbourne Lights... My DH has never seen them either but oh my goodness... They are beautiful. There's fake snow falling and gorgeous lights everywhere... It's breathtaking. That same trip I mentioned above with my family, I felt rushed as well. I could have spent hours there just sitting there taking it all in. I hope you get to experience those!

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is still there for now. I've also heard a lot of the rumors but that show is still there. It's a must-do for me every trip. I named one of my dogs (that now lives with my parents) after Indiana Jones.

Your plans are getting me excited! We seem to want to do all of the same things. Very very cool.
So cool about your sister! If I was into animation, I would definitely be trying to get in at Disney! You should still give the class a try when you go with your DH though, it is really fun. Funny how our families rush us! When you are there in December, you and your DH should check out One Man's Dream. I have a whole bunch of pictures of it in one of my TRs (I think 2011) if you want to look at what all is inside. I have also heard similar rumours about Indiana Jones, that is part of the reason I want to make sure that we do it on our next trip.

I love how we have so many similarities in our reports!
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #130
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 12,876

I am so glad you took the day off, it will get easier but it isn't fun getting through it even if you know you can. I always joke when people say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and I'm like...I'm strong enough thank you!

Anyway...glad it is behind you. Love the kitchen treats how sweet of your mom! And I love your DHS list. You WILL get a job lined up, I know it and I really commend you for waiting it out, I can only imagine it's hard when you know you could swing it but are being responsible. It will be worth it.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #131
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am so glad you took the day off, it will get easier but it isn't fun getting through it even if you know you can. I always joke when people say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and I'm like...I'm strong enough thank you!

Anyway...glad it is behind you. Love the kitchen treats how sweet of your mom! And I love your DHS list. You WILL get a job lined up, I know it and I really commend you for waiting it out, I can only imagine it's hard when you know you could swing it but are being responsible. It will be worth it.
Thanks for the kind words Cynthia I do feel a bit of relief that I don't have that date hanging over my head anymore. I'm still sad about it all, but it has gotten easier with time and I don't think it is the type of thing that you forget. My mom is very sweet, I'm very lucky to have her. And it is kind of tough to be responsible at times, but I'd rather be cautious and make sure I have that emergency fund in case something happens.
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #132
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 17,348

I think I'm subbed to this TR, so I'm going up to give it a bump to read all about your Anniversary trip!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #133
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran
 
sheila <3 WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois, near St. Louis, MO
Posts: 576

I'm back and all caught up. I am so terribly sorry for your rough times of late. I really hope things pick up and get better for you guys. I've never suffered that kind of loss, so I can only imagine how rough it is for you guys.

Anyway, I took my own break from the boards for a bit due to Disney depression. It's been just over 3 months since our last trip (can't believe it's been that long!) and since then my hard drive has crashed and I lost all our pictures! I can get it recovered, but it will be about $1500. We aren't positive we can spend that kind of money on it, as much as I want to. We are currently the owners of two houses (we moved in to our new house last October) and our old house has been on the market for 5 months with no bites yet. We recently found out the foundation needs some work and we are waiting to find out how much that will cost. Everyone who has looked at the house has said there is too much work to do, so they aren't interested. We are hoping if we put some money in to fix the foundation we can sell it and get out from under the extra payments (mortgage, taxes, insurance, electric/water, etc.) and start saving for another Disney trip!

Luckily things are OK for us financially, we have enough to survive, just not enough to save up for a trip. I was really bummed for a while, but I recently had an interview for a promotion in my department and I'm hopeful I'll get it. That would mean a fairly decent raise and a bigger annual bonus. DH just finished his first year at his new job so he should be getting a decent raise soon, too! So I am definitely trying to remain positive about the whole situation.

So that was lots of rambling about my current situation. I am glad that you are still trying to plan your trip and I love reading your plans and seeing the pictures you've been posting. Keep it up!!

Thinking of you!
__________________
me , DH , DD (6), DS (2)
1st trip (for me/DH/DD) 9/2010: AKL 2nd trip 5/2011: BWV 3rd trip for 10th anniversary (DS 1st trip) 3/2013:POFQ
4th trip May 2014!!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #134
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,379

Praying all is well!



Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #135
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
I'm back and all caught up. I am so terribly sorry for your rough times of late. I really hope things pick up and get better for you guys. I've never suffered that kind of loss, so I can only imagine how rough it is for you guys.

Anyway, I took my own break from the boards for a bit due to Disney depression. It's been just over 3 months since our last trip (can't believe it's been that long!) and since then my hard drive has crashed and I lost all our pictures! I can get it recovered, but it will be about $1500. We aren't positive we can spend that kind of money on it, as much as I want to. We are currently the owners of two houses (we moved in to our new house last October) and our old house has been on the market for 5 months with no bites yet. We recently found out the foundation needs some work and we are waiting to find out how much that will cost. Everyone who has looked at the house has said there is too much work to do, so they aren't interested. We are hoping if we put some money in to fix the foundation we can sell it and get out from under the extra payments (mortgage, taxes, insurance, electric/water, etc.) and start saving for another Disney trip!

Luckily things are OK for us financially, we have enough to survive, just not enough to save up for a trip. I was really bummed for a while, but I recently had an interview for a promotion in my department and I'm hopeful I'll get it. That would mean a fairly decent raise and a bigger annual bonus. DH just finished his first year at his new job so he should be getting a decent raise soon, too! So I am definitely trying to remain positive about the whole situation.

So that was lots of rambling about my current situation. I am glad that you are still trying to plan your trip and I love reading your plans and seeing the pictures you've been posting. Keep it up!!

Thinking of you!
Thank you for your kind reply. I am sorry that you've had some Disney depression and tough stuff going on. Owning two houses has to be incredibly difficult and stressful, I hope that you are able to sell your old house really soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Praying all is well!



Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa
Thanks Judy! Happy belated 4th to you as well!
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.