Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #91
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Isn't planning and dreaming fun?

The first couple of trips we took to WDW were kind of militant style. I had a plan and we ran to each stop (well, not exactly but close -- I'm a fast walker). Now that we've done most everything, it's a much more relaxed feeling when we're there. We still make a plan for opening and hit the most popular stuff first. But then we kind of go with the flow. I particularly like my solo race trips over marathon weekend as I have no plans for those.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #92
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,291

Your plans look great! I can feel your pain on picking a resort. I think I've changed my mind a thousand times for my October trip. As of right now we are booked at Pop Century but that may change if they offer free dining.

I always make a list of stuff I want to do each trip but rarely get it all in. That's ok by me because it gives me something to look forward to on the next trip!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #93
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Isn't planning and dreaming fun?

The first couple of trips we took to WDW were kind of militant style. I had a plan and we ran to each stop (well, not exactly but close -- I'm a fast walker). Now that we've done most everything, it's a much more relaxed feeling when we're there. We still make a plan for opening and hit the most popular stuff first. But then we kind of go with the flow. I particularly like my solo race trips over marathon weekend as I have no plans for those.
It is fun! I am trying to think of ways to make this PTR more interesting to read though, considering I have no concrete plans right now. My early trips to the world were similar to yours, we went from morning to night and didn't stop. I like our style now a lot more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Your plans look great! I can feel your pain on picking a resort. I think I've changed my mind a thousand times for my October trip. As of right now we are booked at Pop Century but that may change if they offer free dining.

I always make a list of stuff I want to do each trip but rarely get it all in. That's ok by me because it gives me something to look forward to on the next trip!
There are just too many resorts to choose from! Pop Century is so nice, and I love the Disney fun feel that it has to it. I do the same thing as you and make those lists. I always manage to do something new on each trip, so I still feel somewhat successful
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #94
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic
 
CtinaDitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 385

All caught up!

Your plans sound great! I also absolutely LOVE Haunted Mansion. It's one of my absolute favorites! I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island. We went to do it on our honeymoon but they had already closed it down for the night... DH was depressed... So, that's a definite must do on our next trip.

Your pictures of MK are beautiful! The castle with the lights... the fireworks...

As for resorts, I always have a hard time with that too. We were going to stay at WL for our December trip but we ended up choosing the Poly. WL is GORGEOUS at Christmas.
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #95
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
All caught up!

Your plans sound great! I also absolutely LOVE Haunted Mansion. It's one of my absolute favorites! I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island. We went to do it on our honeymoon but they had already closed it down for the night... DH was depressed... So, that's a definite must do on our next trip.

Your pictures of MK are beautiful! The castle with the lights... the fireworks...

As for resorts, I always have a hard time with that too. We were going to stay at WL for our December trip but we ended up choosing the Poly. WL is GORGEOUS at Christmas.
Aw thank you I haven't done Tom Sawyer's Island in so long, and DH has never done it, but I think he would enjoy it. I will probably wait until we have actual dates to choose a resort, but there have been a lot of great deals on WL lately, and it is beautiful at Christmas, so it is definitely at the top!
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #96
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,624

Good morning all! In the interest of keeping this thing going, and in a positive direction, I'm going to put down some Epcot plans today!



I have really gained more respect for Epcot as I've gotten to know it more (even though MK will always be my favourite park, shhhh…..). I also seem to find and learn new things about Epcot every time I read a TR, so there is a bunch of new territory here!

Future World

The New Test Track
We haven't been there since Test Track has re-opened, so we must go to check it out! DH works in autobody and loves cars, so I think that he will enjoy building his own car to test!

Imagination Pavilion

Figment will always have a special place in my heart, so I always make sure to stop here!

Living with the Land

This is a really awful picture (so I need to get a better one!) but in 2011 it was my first time doing this ride at night, and it was so cool! I am a big nerd and really love this ride, so we will probably sneak in a day ride and a night ride!

World Showcase


Explore, explore, explore! There are so many elements to the WS that I seem to find new things all of the time. I love that we can take as slow of a pace as we would like and just enjoy!

Grey Goose Slush! (or some other yummy drink)

(Photo credit - disneyfoodblog)
These always look so delicious, so I think that it is about time that I try one! On our honeymoon we each got a drink in Germany and just took our time with it, and it was really nice so I want to do this again.

Illuminations

And of course, a trip to Epcot wouldn't be complete without watching illuminations! As you can see by this very random photo, I also don't seem to have many good shots of this show, so another photo-op added to my list!

So as you can see, there is a bit of a pattern forming here. This will be an adults only trip (and hopefully our last one like that) so we aren't in any rush to do anything specific. We just want to take our time, enjoy ourselves and do what we feel like doing in the moment.

__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #97
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

World Showcase has so much to explore! I don't think I'll ever see it all (and I've been there 6 times.)

I had a grand marnier slushy when I was there last time and it was really good!
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #98
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

All caught up!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #99
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic
 
CtinaDitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Aw thank you I haven't done Tom Sawyer's Island in so long, and DH has never done it, but I think he would enjoy it. I will probably wait until we have actual dates to choose a resort, but there have been a lot of great deals on WL lately, and it is beautiful at Christmas, so it is definitely at the top!
I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island and I've done everything at Disney it seems! It's definitely a must-do on our trip as well. No matter where you end up, you'll love it. I mean, you'll be at Disney, am I right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I have really gained more respect for Epcot as I've gotten to know it more (even though MK will always be my favourite park, shhhh…..). I also seem to find and learn new things about Epcot every time I read a TR, so there is a bunch of new territory here!

Future World

The New Test Track
We haven't been there since Test Track has re-opened, so we must go to check it out! DH works in autobody and loves cars, so I think that he will enjoy building his own car to test!

Imagination Pavilion
Figment will always have a special place in my heart, so I always make sure to stop here!

Living with the Land
This is a really awful picture (so I need to get a better one!) but in 2011 it was my first time doing this ride at night, and it was so cool! I am a big nerd and really love this ride, so we will probably sneak in a day ride and a night ride!

World Showcase

Explore, explore, explore! There are so many elements to the WS that I seem to find new things all of the time. I love that we can take as slow of a pace as we would like and just enjoy!

Grey Goose Slush! (or some other yummy drink)
These always look so delicious, so I think that it is about time that I try one! On our honeymoon we each got a drink in Germany and just took our time with it, and it was really nice so I want to do this again.

Illuminations
And of course, a trip to Epcot wouldn't be complete without watching illuminations! As you can see by this very random photo, I also don't seem to have many good shots of this show, so another photo-op added to my list!

So as you can see, there is a bit of a pattern forming here. This will be an adults only trip (and hopefully our last one like that) so we aren't in any rush to do anything specific. We just want to take our time, enjoy ourselves and do what we feel like doing in the moment.

Okay, love the things you brought up about Epcot. I've never had an adult beverage at Epcot and I'm thinking I may have to change that. Ever TR I read it seems everyone loves the drinks they have there. I'm not a huge drinker, meaning I rarely ever drink, but if it's at Disney I'm sure I can make an exception.

I LOVE Figment. I actually took DH on the Figment ride on our honeymoon and he was not pleased... I think he wanted to strangle me, but it made me laugh uncontrollably and that's what Disney is all about!

I don't think I've ridden the Land at night, but it's one of my favorites too! I'm at work and out work computers don't let the pictures show up so I'll have to look when I get home!

I sure hope the new Test Track is better than the reviews I've heard. I really enjoy Test Track.

Illuminations makes me emotional, very similar to Wishes. I don't know... Something that can bring the world together just always makes me emotional.
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #100
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"]Hi all! I hope that there are still people out there who might be interested in this report!

I was in a really dark place for a while and had to take a bit of a break from the boards. It seemed like we just kept getting bad news after bad news and planning a trip seemed very impossible. I had a bit of a health scare (things are fine though, thankfully), I'm still looking for a job, and things have been tough on the baby front. We did just get some good news about DH's job though that will make a definite difference in our lives.

I have been making a conscious effort to pull myself out of that bad place. I am trying to focus only on my life and be thankful for the blessings that I do have. I am staying off of Facebook, and it feels really good. Every day isn't going to be a good one, but life is too short to be feeling that way, so I'm trying to focus on positive things that make me happy (e.g., DISNEY!!)

So while this trip is still not officially booked or anything, I am going to keep planning, because we will get there one day soon.
Oh I am so sorry. It can be so hard to find light when you are going through all of that. I too lost a baby, many many years ago and have been laid off twice in the last 5 years so I can relate.

I am so happy to hear that there has been some good news, I know for me sometimes planning that next trip is all that gets me through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Good afternoon lovely disers!

Things are really starting to look up for DH and I, so I am really getting the need to do some planning! We don't have any clue about dates yet, starting new jobs means waiting for vacations, but we will get there!

Because I feel the need to plan, and don't have anything solid that I can do, I'm going to just post some really random things. I am sorry if it is boring to anyone, but it will help me to feel like I'm doing something

Originally, I posted 3 possible trip options - DL, WDW + Cruise, and Aulani. I still really am interested in all three of these options, but I feel like WDW + Cruise is still the front runner for this trip. Depending on how long we have until we can get vacation days (and thus, how much we can save) this could change. But for now, I'm guessing it will be WDW. I may throw in some information on DL and Aulani if I come across it because it will be important for me at some point!

Right now, I am also still putting WL high on my list of resort choices. But again, depending on when we go, what we can save, what kind of promotions we might be able to get, our resort could change.

My short list for this trip includes:
- Wilderness Lodge - New for DH and I. DH loves the outdoors. Close to MK.
- Yacht/Beach Club - Beautiful, new for DH and I. I've heard they are quiet.
- Contemporary - New for DH and I. WDW classic resort. Close to MK.
- Polynesian - DH wants to stay here, and it has been a while for me. Monorail resort! It is just expensive so we would need more time to save.
- Boardwalk - New for DH and I. Night life on the boardwalk. Beautiful.

I am pretty sure that I have become a deluxe snob. I really like the values, but I am in love with so many of the deluxes. They just really take it to a whole new level.

It is hard to "go back" once you've stayed in a deluxe. My experience is that YC was much quieter than BC but both are lovely. The whole Epcot area is so much fun to stay in but WL could be very very romantic!

Loving the park thoughts and updates
__________________
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #101
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
World Showcase has so much to explore! I don't think I'll ever see it all (and I've been there 6 times.)

I had a grand marnier slushy when I was there last time and it was really good!
I agree! I have been going since I was very young and I still seem to find new things all of the time. I think that is part of Epcots charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
All caught up!
Yay! Thank you for following along

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island and I've done everything at Disney it seems! It's definitely a must-do on our trip as well. No matter where you end up, you'll love it. I mean, you'll be at Disney, am I right?!
I haven't done the Island in so long it feels like I have never been I will definitely be happy to just get there!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
Okay, love the things you brought up about Epcot. I've never had an adult beverage at Epcot and I'm thinking I may have to change that. Ever TR I read it seems everyone loves the drinks they have there. I'm not a huge drinker, meaning I rarely ever drink, but if it's at Disney I'm sure I can make an exception.

I LOVE Figment. I actually took DH on the Figment ride on our honeymoon and he was not pleased... I think he wanted to strangle me, but it made me laugh uncontrollably and that's what Disney is all about!

I don't think I've ridden the Land at night, but it's one of my favorites too! I'm at work and out work computers don't let the pictures show up so I'll have to look when I get home!

I sure hope the new Test Track is better than the reviews I've heard. I really enjoy Test Track.

Illuminations makes me emotional, very similar to Wishes. I don't know... Something that can bring the world together just always makes me emotional.
You should definitely get yourself an adult beverage at Epcot! I'm not a big drinker either, but once in a while I enjoy something. Last time I got a glass of this white German wine that I loved.

DH isn't crazy about Figment either, but he didn't go to WDW as a child, so it really has no meaning to him. I have always loved Figment and I have a picture of me and him and the Dreamfinder - it is awesome!

I have also heard some not so great things about the new TT. I enjoyed it before, but it wasn't my favourite so my expectations aren't too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh I am so sorry. It can be so hard to find light when you are going through all of that. I too lost a baby, many many years ago and have been laid off twice in the last 5 years so I can relate.

I am so happy to hear that there has been some good news, I know for me sometimes planning that next trip is all that gets me through.

It is hard to "go back" once you've stayed in a deluxe. My experience is that YC was much quieter than BC but both are lovely. The whole Epcot area is so much fun to stay in but WL could be very very romantic!

Loving the park thoughts and updates
Thanks for your kind words I'm sorry that you've been through these things as well.

I told my mom that I am becoming a deluxe snob I don't know what it is but I really am fond of the deluxes - they have such nice atmospheres. And in all honesty, most of the moderates never appealed to me much. I enjoyed my stay at the values, and very recently I enjoyed my stay at CSR but the mods just don't call out to me. In any case, I'll be super glad to get back!

Also, I am so jealous that you will be in Aulani so soon!! (and I am still hoping for a TR )
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #102
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran
 
PracPerfPatricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,467

I'm glad you're having fun with the planning... that's half the fun...


I think that all of Disney's resorts have pluses (and some minuses) many of which are personal based on your preferences...


I'm a big fan of the Boardwalk area resorts but I also love Wilderness Lodge...you have the ferry to the MK and the Contemporary and that get's you access to the monorail. Plus it's a little easier on the wallet and if you know that DH really likes it... you get that buy in as well...

Happy, happy planning...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #103
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I'm glad you're having fun with the planning... that's half the fun...


I think that all of Disney's resorts have pluses (and some minuses) many of which are personal based on your preferences...


I'm a big fan of the Boardwalk area resorts but I also love Wilderness Lodge...you have the ferry to the MK and the Contemporary and that get's you access to the monorail. Plus it's a little easier on the wallet and if you know that DH really likes it... you get that buy in as well...

Happy, happy planning...
I agree with you! Planning is fun, and it is so hard to pick a resort because there are good things about all of them. I will figure it out eventually!
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #104
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,540

Hi! Followed you over from my PTR, I'm a little late to the party but I'm catching up and here for the rest.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #105
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hi! Followed you over from my PTR, I'm a little late to the party but I'm catching up and here for the rest.
Thank you for joining in! This PTR is a mess right now, but I hope to have some solid plans made really soon!
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: