Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say

Happy New Year!!

to all of you and your families. I hope that 2013 brings wonderful things to you all. I am absolutely ready for 2012 to be over and hopefully 2013 will be a much better year.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #32
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Happy New Year!! I'm subbing in!

Catching up here... I'm so sorry for you loss. I know that is my biggest fear and I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you two.

WDW at Christmastime is the best! I have been lucky enough to spend two trips at WDW during Christmastime and they are my absolute favorite! Hence, why we chose December for our trip in 2013!

Can't wait to read more!!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
Happy New Year!! I'm subbing in!

Catching up here... I'm so sorry for you loss. I know that is my biggest fear and I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you two.

WDW at Christmastime is the best! I have been lucky enough to spend two trips at WDW during Christmastime and they are my absolute favorite! Hence, why we chose December for our trip in 2013!

Can't wait to read more!!
Thank you for joining in and commenting. Our loss is without a doubt the worst thing I've been through and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thank you for the kind words. I also love WDW at Christmas - I've been a few times over the years, but before my 2012 trip, it was 10 years between Christmas trips!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #34
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Well I may need to change the title of this PTR… it looks like the 3rd time will NOT be the charm.

After finding out that DH doesn't even really want to take a Disney related trip, I found out that we are losing a large portion of our household income - again. We live in an area with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and companies just keep closing. Nobody's job is secure anymore. So unless I can find a job that pays well very soon, it looks like this trip is going to have to be postponed. I am still going to keep planning things like where I want to go, and try to figure out the cost - because I WILL get there, it just is going to be delayed if we don't have the income to pay for it right now. I really thought that we could turn a page and start on a new foot for 2013. It was supposed to be a better year than 2012, but so far, it isn't impressing me.

I'm sorry that this post is such a depressing one. I hope that I will have better news soon

Last edited by Disney9.9.10; 02-03-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

I had missed that you had a PTR until now and came over to read. First, I am so sorry for your loss. We, too, went through that--we lost a sweet one at about 10 weeks along. Her name is Megan. It really is a hard thing to go through.

I am hoping for lots of pixie dust for you and that you will get to this trip very soon!! I'm going to subscribe to your PTR to keep up with your plans and updates because I just know you will get to go soon!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #36
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
I had missed that you had a PTR until now and came over to read. First, I am so sorry for your loss. We, too, went through that--we lost a sweet one at about 10 weeks along. Her name is Megan. It really is a hard thing to go through.

I am hoping for lots of pixie dust for you and that you will get to this trip very soon!! I'm going to subscribe to your PTR to keep up with your plans and updates because I just know you will get to go soon!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I'm sorry for the loss of your baby girl.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #37
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm sorry this year isn't looking better so far, but keep your head up!

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #38
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm sorry this year isn't looking better so far, but keep your head up!
Thank you. I really don't want to be a downer - then nobody will read! But I'm getting ticked at the universe. Today, I got bit by a dog… drew blood and all... seriously?!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #39
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Keep your head up!

Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.

I'll be hoping and praying you get to take your vacation! I know you really need one and I hope you get to take it!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #40
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
Keep your head up!

Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.

I'll be hoping and praying you get to take your vacation! I know you really need one and I hope you get to take it!
Aw how sweet, and Disney themed too! Thank you

Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Aw how sweet, and Disney themed too! Thank you
Hey, it's my pleasure. Anything I can do to help, let me know!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #42
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Well I may need to change the title of this PTR… it looks like the 3rd time will NOT be the charm.

After finding out that DH doesn't even really want to take a Disney related trip, I found out that we are losing a large portion of our household income - again. We live in an area with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and companies just keep closing. Nobody's job is secure anymore. So unless I can find a job that pays well very soon, it looks like this trip is going to have to be post-poned. I am still going to keep planning things like where I want to go, and try to figure out the cost - because I WILL get there, it just is going to be delayed if we don't have the income to pay for it right now. I really thought that we could turn a page and start on a new foot for 2013. It was supposed to be a better year than 2012, but so far, it isn't impressing me.

I'm sorry that this post is such a depressing one. I hope that I will have better news soon

Quote:
Thank you. I really don't want to be a downer - then nobody will read! But I'm getting ticked at the universe. Today, I got bit by a dog… drew blood and all... seriously?!
Krysten, How did I miss all of this??? It feels like it was just New Year's Day and amore than a week has passed and too much has happened. Please, please let me know when you need an extra dose of prayer, I honestly can wake up and a month has gone by and I have missed something here. Claiming today to be a much better one for you, sprinkled with LOTS of good news!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #43
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Krysten, How did I miss all of this??? It feels like it was just New Year's Day and amore than a week has passed and too much has happened. Please, please let me know when you need an extra dose of prayer, I honestly can wake up and a month has gone by and I have missed something here. Claiming today to be a much better one for you, sprinkled with LOTS of good news!
I feel the same way! I miss things when I blink sometimes lol I am really trying hard to stay positive and be thankful for the things that I do have in my life, but some days it is difficult. Thank you very much for your well wishes, I hope that things can really turn around for us soon.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #44
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Just thought I'd do a little rambling, in case anyone is interested lol

DH and I are pretty upset by the sudden loss of income, but we are doing our best. Things in our town are getting really ugly. Our unemployment rate keeps increasing, and companies keep closing. But I am a really hard worker and I'm willing to do what I need to do to bring income into our home so that we can continue with the lifestyle that we have. I am currently working a part time retail job that my wonderful brother helped me get. I have been picking up a lot of extra shifts, which is really helpful! I'm hoping to find something more permanent, but at least if I can keep this up, we can save a little bit of money. I am also back at school now. I am so close to being finished, I cannot wait to graduate, and hopefully be able to find a good job.

As far as the trip is concerned, we are going to take it, it is just a matter of when. I am not willing to go into debt for a trip, so it will just depend on how long it takes us to save up for it. If we have to wait another year and go for our 4th anniversary instead, I am okay with that. I am going to just keep on planning what we want to do, where we want to stay, and see what happens on the job front.

September

Originally, we wanted to go in September. This is when our anniversary is, and it would be a nice little anniversary present/getaway. We've gone in September many times before, and like most things about it, but DH hates the heat and his allergies are bad that time of year.

I was looking at some dummy dates for this September, and found WL to be really cheap! (I believe it was about $3600 for 10 days) Neither of us have ever stayed there, so it is definitely in the running (and even more so if we can get a good deal!). When I asked DH where he wanted to stay on our next trip he said "the one with all of the wood" - I thought he meant WL, but after some more conversation and pictures, turns out he meant the Poly! I would love to stay there again as well, but that probably won't be for a few more trips down the road.

We also got pins from our December trip! So there are some really excellent deals that we could get from that if we stay in September.

Decisions… decisions...

December

The good thing about December is the weather and the Christmas decorations. I think DH would enjoy himself so much more. This also gives us a couple more months to save up (which we need right now). And we could still celebrate our anniversary in December.

WL is more expensive in December, which is also a bad thing. I'm still not great with figuring out pricing and stuff, usually my travel agent does all of that. She managed to get us an incredible deal on CSR in December, so I'll have to see what she can dig up for us!

I'm sorry if all of this is repetitious, I just need a place for my thoughts!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Well, congrats for the part-time gig! That's something at least! Positivity!

I really hope you end up getting to take your vacation. I feel with everything you and your husband have been going through, it is just what you need.

As for which time you all want to go, do you know what the difference in price is? I know the Poly is a bit more expensive than WL. We were debating between those two resorts as well for our December trip. DH ended up choosing the Poly. If you budget out how much you would need to pay a month for your trip, try and see what the difference is. That's how we decided. We found out that with our monthly payments towards our vacation, the difference wasn't much between the two.

Hoping some pins arrive!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: