Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

Documents Question

We just received our documents for our Jan. 12 Fantasy cruise and are very excited. When I booked the cruise I booked it under my first and last name only (e.g. "Jane Doe"). My passport is currently in the safe deposit box, but I think that it includes either my middle or maiden name (eg. "Jane Smith Doe"). Will this present a problem for me when boarding? Should I contact DCL and make a change in how they have me listed?
TIA
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It should not create a problem. However, it is always easier to call them in advance so the manifest matches the passport. BE sure to look at the passport first and have the correct name added.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

You can make those changes when you do the on-line check in. If you already checked in, you can go back and fix it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

I entered the wrong birthdate for my daughter and it wouldn't let me change that information on the online check in. When we went to check in, it took my passport and rejected hers. The CM swiped it again, said 'wrong birthdate' and it was no problem. I asked if she could fix it and she said it was automatic.

Also, I know I didn't book the cruise with my full name, but I do think I entered it in the online section when I entered my passport number.

I think you'll be fine.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
lodge
DIS Veteran

mine is exactly as you stated yours may be, and I did not use middle name to book... no problem at all. the problem comes in when the first or last (or STATED middle) is different.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone. Lodge, I intentionally did not include a middle name in case it wasn't the one that was on my passport. I'm 95% sure that my ymaiden name is on not passport, but I thought it would be best to just include first and last name. We wanted to get the VGT rate as soon as it came out and I didn't want to wait a day to go to the bank and get my passport. I'll call DCL on Monday after I check my passport.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: