Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

F&W Excitment - Drinks Enquiry....

Hi Guys,

this maybe a silly question but im a UK visitor and we dont get Sam Adams back home.

the Samuel Adams Seasonal will that be their again this october? is a quite a common beer to find usually? we found bud light every where but alot of places also has the sam adams seasonal, will it be their for our upcoming trip in october?

it was a very tasty beer.

also this is my 2nd food and wine where im actual legal to drink so im looking forward to going back and sampling some more of the nice drinks around the world.

does the festival continue right up until illuminations? or do they close counters earlier? never stayed too late last time, we avoided weekends but i cant say i saw much drunkeness during the weekday afternoons we spent their.

were planning on spending alot of time at Epcot during the days this year. not too thrilled about the bands during our trip lol

anyways if anyone could answer my sam adams enquiry that would be brillaint, thanks DISboards Community

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Oh Sam Adams! Before you fly home, take a detour up to Boston and check out the brewery tour!!
Each F&W, they typically have a special brew for the festival. You should have no problem finding the seasonal, along with other Sam options. (Especially true at other restaurants and bars in WDW).
Have a great trip!!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
Hi Guys,

this maybe a silly question but im a UK visitor and we dont get Sam Adams back home.

the Samuel Adams Seasonal will that be their again this october? is a quite a common beer to find usually? we found bud light every where but alot of places also has the sam adams seasonal, will it be their for our upcoming trip in october?

it was a very tasty beer.
Sam Adams has the same seasonal releases at the same time of year. During the fall, it's always the Sam Adams Octoberfest. It'll be available almost everywhere on and off site. If not on tap, atleast in bottles. During the F&W Fest, the Sam Adams booth should also have a Festival brew. This beer is not made special for the festival, but is typically one of thier more 'rare' beers. When I say rare, it's usually something that you don't find in restaurants, and probably only available in bottles at local shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post

also this is my 2nd food and wine where im actual legal to drink so im looking forward to going back and sampling some more of the nice drinks around the world.

does the festival continue right up until illuminations? or do they close counters earlier? never stayed too late last time, we avoided weekends but i cant say i saw much drunkeness during the weekday afternoons we spent their.
Yes, the festival kiosks should be open pretty much right up till illuminations. They don't stay open for Magic Hours though.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
JeRmS
Mouseketeer

I would assume the Sam Adams seasonal will be there again, the Fife & Drum always have a Seasonal SA on tap so if you go during Sep-Oct I assume it would be the Octoberfest.

Last year at the American Stand they also had the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock which is just absolutely AMAZING!

I can't wait for F&W 2013!!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Bean786
DIS Veteran

How much money would you say you need for 1 evening? lol Minus Tickets. 100$? For just food and drinks? Or am I'm low?
Bean786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Brocktoon

For the beer fans there during the F&W Fest, check out the beer cart outside the Canadian pavillion. They've been known to have a few Unibroue taps going from time to time. Probably one of the best hidden treasures of F&W

- Neil Peart
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
>Ash<

Sam Adams....

Hey guys thanks for the responses.

yeah i didnt think it was festival special i knew it was the equivilent of the seasonal beers back home except yours is alot tastier lol

back in the UK we have Wychwood Brewery that make some amazing beers over the season, "PumpkinKing" is our October beer and a Xmas we get "BaHumbug!" lol

very excited about the F&W and cant wait for more info to be avaliable.

has any1 heard about the new stalls? not sure if its just rumor but i read somwhere online recently that Scotland has been added to the festival along with Brazil which will have a new menue? any info on that.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Brocktoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean786 View Post
How much money would you say you need for 1 evening? lol Minus Tickets. 100$? For just food and drinks? Or am I'm low?
If you're primary focus is to eat and drink at the kiosks, you can probably hit around $100-125 per person.

- Neil Peart
Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
>Ash<

Money for F&W

last year we went we had a 300 dollar gift card, that lasted us the 14 day trip. we went to F&W alot for our honeymoon and the gift card was used for all alcohol drinks lol

i think you spend dependent on how long you stay in the festival for. we spent days their sampling everything and we only spent 300 dollars on booze we used TS credits and snacks throughout the showcase on food so that worked out well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: