Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
tentaguasu
Mouseketeer

What's your "seemed like I was in a dream" Disney experience?

Last summer I was at Animal Kingdom (my favorite park, despite all you haters!) and had a very unique experience.

It was near closing time and my wife, son, and I wanted to get in one last Safari. My MIL was burned out, so decided to stay up closer to the front and wait for us.

The weather was great, no big deal, and we got on the last Safari of the day.

When we came out the Safari - BAM - out of the blue it starts pouring rain. The few people around took shelter, but my MIL doesn't speak English and we knew she'd be freaking out.

So I ran to find her.

Here's what was so cool - at that time of day, with the rain, as I ran from Africa to Asia to Dinoland I ran into NOBODY. Not a guest, not a cast member, nobody.

I was alone in AK. And not for a short time - for that whole route nothing, nobody. (And this was in August!!)

And it was beautiful! Dusk was coming on, so the the lights were on (ground level lamps, interesting features, etc.) yet it was still bright out. It was hot, so steam was rising off the ground. With the lights, plants, steam rising off the ground, rain falling, and just nobody anywhere in sight it was almost mystical.

It's hard to describe, but it was beautiful and peaceful and thrilling.
tentaguasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Sounds awesome, and like a once in a lifetime experience! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
Antonio
Mouseketeer

First time I encountered all the beautiful booze in Epcots world showcase I felt like I was in a dream.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Bean786
DIS Veteran

I took my little cousin (7) to MK in April for her first time and as we are waiting for jasmine and Aladdin, they were on the magic carpet ride, and waving to us. It was awesome. Like they really are riding on a magic carpet ride
Bean786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

My now 11 yr old has had quite a bit of extra magic...

Our very first trip was postponed a day because of Hurricane Francis in 2004. We were going for her 3rd birthday. We had one of the first flights into an opened MCO airport and had an ADR for Chef Mickey's that night. There was literally 3 other families there. My DD spent all night playing hide n seek with the characters, dancing with them. Minnie was obsessed with her We were there for hours! I have group photos of all of them and just her. Perfect first night!

The next morning was CRT for her actual birthday. Again, park was empty and there were empty tables. DD received a ton of love from Cinderella and the girls. She had the first trip and it is my birthday button on and every CM and character was so great with her. We walked on every ride all day long since the crowds were low.

When she was 4 she went on the Merry go round with goofy and did aerobics with minnie and daisy. This was some special 1hr early opening for preschool families only. It was awesome.

Next year, dd was almost 5 and helping Peter Pan fight off Hook during a "battle" outside of Small World. After she got his shadow, Peter Pan grabbed her and took her front of the line onto Peter Pan's flight for their own personal ride. He didn't even ask my husband or I and DD just ran off with him

When she was 7 she was taking her picture with Eyeore at MVMCP and he took her on the Pooh ride with him.

My 2nd DD - nothing yet after 2 trips but she keeps hoping. Poor thing
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentaguasu View Post
Last summer I was at Animal Kingdom (my favorite park, despite all you haters!) and had a very unique experience.

It was near closing time and my wife, son, and I wanted to get in one last Safari. My MIL was burned out, so decided to stay up closer to the front and wait for us.

The weather was great, no big deal, and we got on the last Safari of the day.

When we came out the Safari - BAM - out of the blue it starts pouring rain. The few people around took shelter, but my MIL doesn't speak English and we knew she'd be freaking out.

So I ran to find her.

Here's what was so cool - at that time of day, with the rain, as I ran from Africa to Asia to Dinoland I ran into NOBODY. Not a guest, not a cast member, nobody.

I was alone in AK. And not for a short time - for that whole route nothing, nobody. (And this was in August!!)

And it was beautiful! Dusk was coming on, so the the lights were on (ground level lamps, interesting features, etc.) yet it was still bright out. It was hot, so steam was rising off the ground. With the lights, plants, steam rising off the ground, rain falling, and just nobody anywhere in sight it was almost mystical.

It's hard to describe, but it was beautiful and peaceful and thrilling.
Was the beautiful, peaceful, thrilling part after you found your MIL?

I hope she was ok
Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

We did mnsshp on oct 31st of 2011. During the last big parade we decided to skip it and go on splash. We had the whole back area of the park to ourselves. We saw no one! We kept asking cast members "is this ride closed". We stayed on splash four times in a row. We just walked around with no one there. Was pretty cool!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva View Post
Was the beautiful, peaceful, thrilling part after you found your MIL?
We're stopping to visit mine in Huntsville on the way down in a couple weeks, so no matter what happens at WDW it will seem beautiful, peaceful and thrilling. I kid, I kid......
Old 05-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

My "dream like" experience happened our first year. (Late Sept 2010)

It was a beautiful sunny morning at the MK, our first time there. We didn't know that there was a big park opening show, and all of a sudden the show starts.

It was the most magical thing standing there with my family and MIL and FIL as the train full of characters comes rolling in and they welcomed us to the park. I have to admit, it got me teary eyed, and really made me feel so blessed to have such an experience with my family. I'll never forget that moment. Gave me goose bumps.

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

When I got on TSM with a 5 minute wait last year.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

felt like i was in a dream....

my dream experience was in WDW when i was around 12yo my first trip to florida, my brother has autism and was in the middle of a major meltdown, we were in the line for teacups and my mum and dad had to deal with my little brother and said i could ride alone and they would wait for me at the exit,
as i was about to enter the ride, i remember i felt a little upset that i would be riding alone, when the CM asked me to stand to the side whilst they loaded the teacups. i was confused being 12yo i wanted to ride car and was asked to wait?... well just as the ride was about to start alice tapped me on the shoulder and asked if i would ride with her as she was alone, i got to ride the teacups with alice ...
well that CM must have seen what happened and arranged that and it was the most magical experience ever!.

disney really do create great experiences.

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
Lolsmum
DIS Veteran

The last morning of our trip last August/September DD and I had an amazing experience. We were in MK shortly after rope drop. DH and DS went to go drive the cars, again. DD and I walked in to see the princesses, with no line. Then we ran into Peter Pan and got a photo and autograph, plus an autograph for DS since DH was not answering his phone. We then arrived at the Magic Carpet ride just in time to see Jasmine and Aladdin flying in so she got her picture with them, after we'd given up on seeing Jasmine. We then walked on Thunder Mountain. The only people on the ride were us, at the front, and one other family at the very back. Walking back to meet DH and DS, we ended up doing the Hokey Pokey with the characters and CMs of Frontierland, with just a handful of other guests around. Then on to grab a Dole Whip and meet up with DH and DS, who had driven the cars at the Tomorrowland Speedway twice.

DD and I felt like we practically had the park to ourselves and it was the perfect end to the vacation.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

When DH proposed to me inside CRT and then we watched Wishes. Most magical day EVER!

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Being selected as Magic Kingdom Family of the Day in 2006. That was surreal.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
FancyNancy
Princess

On our last trip for me it was the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. We had a table with an unobstructed view in front of the railing. Just watching the castle in an uncrowded spot with my DD9 was really magical and the desserts were pretty yummy too!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: