Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Wink Sometimes you really don't need to move ALL the way to the end of the row...

One of the funniest things I saw all trip was in the American Adventure at EPCOT. We got in there just as the doors were closing and found ourselves looking at that great big enormous theatre, with just a few dozen people in it...

And all of them sitting way down at the very ends of their rows!

Since most of the theatre was empty, we happily sat in the middle. A couple people then shuffled over our way, but most of them remained sitting on the very far end, despite the fact that a good four fifths of the theatre was available to them.

I guess they're all like Sam the Eagle, feeling it's unpatriotic not to move down to the end of the row. Even when there's no one else there.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

and yet other times, cms are repeatedly telling folk to move along. crazy, huh?!
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

During periods of low attendance, the CMs in the shows either don't make the announcement to move all the way down, or they will ask that you move 3/4 of the way down. In periods of normal or high attendance they will ask that you move all the way down.

I don't think that in the case the OP cited it had anything to do with feeling "unpatriotic" or even that they were blindly following the "usual" Disney theatre rule. It probably had a lot more to do with the guests not knowing ahead of time that the theatre wouldn't fill up.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
During periods of low attendance, the CMs in the shows either don't make the announcement to move all the way down, or they will ask that you move 3/4 of the way down. In periods of normal or high attendance they will ask that you move all the way down.

I don't think that in the case the OP cited it had anything to do with feeling "unpatriotic" or even that they were blindly following the "usual" Disney theatre rule. It probably had a lot more to do with the guests not knowing ahead of time that the theatre wouldn't fill up.
this. We've been when its Packed and are climbing over people to fill in spaces, and we've been when the CMs have said 3/4 of the way down..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
kamik86
DIS Veteran

When I went to philharmagic a few days ago the CM kept saying all the way down over and over... Even after the doors closed and it was incredibly obvious that the show wasn't going to fill. We sat towards the middle. The row behind us had only 4 people in it... yeah there was no reason to go all the way down.

So sometimes the CMs just blindly say it. I have to wonder if he was even looking...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

In cases where you just don't know how many people might follow you in, I think it's okay to quickly resposition yourself once it becomes obvious the theatre's mostly empty.

Or do what we do and wait a few moments, before seating yourself.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: