Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
bladiator
Mouseketeer

Biggest pet peeve: plopping down in the middle of the row

First things first: I am a rule follower. I know this about myself. This is something my parents really drove home when I was younger, and I figure as long as the rules aren't hurting me that I am going to follow them for everyone's benefit.

So then, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE PLOPPING DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROWS?! Especially since you are told at least 6 times during the whole process NOT to do that? While I was walking into Mickey's Philharmagic I started yelling out "MOVE TO THE END OF THE ROW. MOVE TO THE END OF THE ROW" over and over to see if it made any difference. Nope. People that got in first plopped down in the middle seats expecting everyone to walk past them.

OK, so I've done all the 3D rides and I know that the CMs aren't lying when they say that every seat gives you the same benefit in the entire theater. But I still just do WHAT I'M TOLD. Why can't everyone else have that same attitude? It drives me CRAAAAAAZY! When they are saying something over the loud speaker and you do exactly the OPPOSITE of what they are saying to do at that exact moment.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

LOL - yup - I've seen it all too often.

I've gotten to the point that I just don't put up it anymore. If everyone in front of me starts to sit down because someone stopped the line I'll shout forward something like "Please move in! You can't stop there, there are more people behind me." This usually does the trick

When it doesn't, it doesn't. No harm done in trying.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Just "accidentally" step on a few toes as you pass?
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

They were first in line so they think they have their choice of seats! I always make sure we enter at about the middle of the pack.

I am sure that every seat is just fine, but on It's Tough to Be a Bug, for example, you feel out of the action on the end. You can see the 3D effects just fine, but you don't get the spiders coming down, etc.

Not defending these people but I do believe the middle of the theater are the best seats.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
bladiator
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
They were first in line so they think they have their choice of seats! I always make sure we enter at about the middle of the pack.

I am sure that every seat is just fine, but on It's Tough to Be a Bug, for example, you feel out of the action on the end. You can see the 3D effects just fine, but you don't get the spiders coming down, etc.

Not defending these people but I do believe the middle of the theater are the best seats.
I would have to say that ITtBaB is the one exception, but I was sitting in the middle of the front row and I didn't see the spiders until I turned around, so I think that part is just screwy in that particular show. I have sat in the back far right seats in Philharmagic multiple times (because I follow the rules )and gotten the same experience as in any of the other seats I've gotten.

EDIT: Oh, and here's the other thing. If they are so worried about getting such a choice seat, then why don't they try to see the entire show? I'm talking mostly about stuff that happens in the back of the room as far as animatronics are concerned. Yeah, I figure most people think that they should just be watching the screen, but at the end of Muppets and Philharmagic, I have always turned around and if no one around me is looking, then I'll point at the action and even audibly say "HAHA! Look at that!" and maybe 2% of the people turn around and look. They're practically just in there to sit down in the A/C, so just sit in the far seats already!

Last edited by bladiator; 12-08-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Forgot sumthin
bladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Depending on the crowds, most of the time you actually only need to move 3/4 of the way down the row. They tend to announce whether that is the case though.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

If you want to sit in the middle, let half of the people into the theater before you go in. Simple. In the case that people just plop themselves down in the middle of a row, I WILL walk in front of them. I say as I walk by "They told you to move to the end of/3-quaters down the row." I do not say excuse me, because they were the rude ones, and I am doing as I'm told. I do not feel bad for them. Sometimes I've been in a show where the CMs make them all stand up and move to the end of the row. It is one of my GREATEST peeves, as well as photographing or using your phone in dark rides or attractions. I'm one to say something to those people, as well.

If you want to know how I feel... Check out my signature...

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker. Fairly Good Sailing Master. Ordained Wedding and Vow Renewal Officiant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
1) I almost always do this.
2) As an ex-Big-Ten lineman football player, I am no tiny thing.
3) I can almost hear their arches cracking (LOL).
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
bladiator
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
If you want to sit in the middle, let half of the people into the theater before you go in. Simple. In the case that people just plop themselves down in the middle of a row, I WILL walk in front of them. I say as I walk by "They told you to move to the end of/3-quaters down the row." I do not say excuse me, because they were the rude ones, and I am doing as I'm told. I do not feel bad for them. Sometimes I've been in a show where the CMs make them all stand up and move to the end of the row. It is one of my GREATEST peeves, as well as photographing or using your phone in dark rides or attractions. I'm one to say something to those people, as well.

If you want to know how I feel... Check out my signature...
HA! That's awesome.

As far as a not-full theater goes, I still don't care. You were told "move to the end of the row" .. it's not your decision whether or not you listen. I know this is going to be seen as a ridiculous analogy, but if I'm driving on an interstate at 2am in the morning when there is no one on the road, that doesn't make the speed limit faster than what it is posted just because no one is out there. I still get pulled over when I'm going 10 over even if I'm not endangering anyone. Just show the entire world that you are an understanding and COMPETENT human being and do what you were told to do.

I know a lot of people think it doesn't matter, but it just goes to show you why we have such a screwed up society when people can't even do the littlest of things.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
3) I can almost hear their arches cracking (LOL).
You made my feet hurt just thinking about it Sir, please feel free to go ahead of me anytime you want and clear the path.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladiator View Post
HA! That's awesome.

As far as a not-full theater goes, I still don't care. You were told "move to the end of the row" .. it's not your decision whether or not you listen. I know this is going to be seen as a ridiculous analogy, but if I'm driving on an interstate at 2am in the morning when there is no one on the road, that doesn't make the speed limit faster than what it is posted just because no one is out there. I still get pulled over when I'm going 10 over even if I'm not endangering anyone. Just show the entire world that you are an understanding and COMPETENT human being and do what you were told to do.

I know a lot of people think it doesn't matter, but it just goes to show you why we have such a screwed up society when people can't even do the littlest of things.
Actually, it is my decision. When I'm towards the back of the pack and there are few people behind me, I'm not moving all the way across. If that bothers you and you want to climb over me and trudge to the end of the row with 30 empty seats between yourself and the rest of the row, be my guest.

I don't let wanna-be hall monitors bother me.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
3) I can almost hear their arches cracking (LOL)
~Ouch, this sounds so painful, lol. I really hope those middle seats were worth it!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Phil'sFrontier
DIS Veteran

I can't stand when people sit there the entire show videotaping on their phone.
First of all you look like an idiot doing this...
Second, you missed the entire show while you we're recording.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
TTA Traveler
Earning My Ears

Yeah, it is awfully inconsiderate when a bunch of people in a row start doing this because it can sometimes mess with the seating of families/groups wanting to be together.

Though I guess for me that is just an inconvenience and won't ruin the experience. But my pet peeve when it comes to these shows are actually those who sing along and quote the attraction the entire time. Yeah, I get it! You're a huge fan and you're really into it.. but you're tone deaf! Or perhaps I'm just a grouch.

Last edited by TTA Traveler; 12-08-2012 at 06:40 PM.
TTA Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

I recently got back home from my trip and can honestly say there were middle-sitters in every. single. show. We even witnessed a couple trying to do it on Star Tours But finally, on our last MK day, someone middle-sat for Philharmagic and I, leading our group, just stopped at them and stood there. I let the complaints from the rest of the row behind me do the work ("What's going on? Why are we stopped? Move all the way down!") And they relented And guess what? They never complained once of a bad view once. Go figure.

WDW Commando Club member #220

TunaSled is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: