Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
nettyk
Earning My Ears

Help with a good quick service meal!

Our flight arrives around 1pm on Sunday. We are staying at the Kidani Villas and plan to go to MK that afternoon/evening. We know when we get in the kids are going to be starving and need to eat. What/where would be the quickest thing and best place to go?

TIA!
nettyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

The nearest QS to Kidani is the Mara over at Jambo House (next door). They've got both standard QS food (burgers and the like) and some slightly exotic selections, plus Zebra Domes in the grab & go case. I'm pretty sure they run a shuttle back and forth between Jambo and Kidani, but if your kids are in need of leg-stretching after all that sitting travel, it's only about a 10-minute walk.

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo; Jan '15: 7 days AKV-Jambo
nightshaderose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettyk View Post
Our flight arrives around 1pm on Sunday. We are staying at the Kidani Villas and plan to go to MK that afternoon/evening. We know when we get in the kids are going to be starving and need to eat. What/where would be the quickest thing and best place to go?

TIA!
Why not pack some prepackaged cookies or nuts or trail mix in your carry on bag so the kids can munch on those until you can get to Magic Kingdom? TSA advice is to pack in a clear Ziploc in case of any questions. Then you won't have to worry about starving kids until you get to Magic Kingdom. And then I would head to Cosmic Ray's where there has to be something for everyone.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
Circus181920
Mouseketeer

I like Columbia Harbour House at MK. They have some more unique items in addition to the standard chicken nuggets, etc. The atmosphere is nice too-i suggest eating upstairs-the decor is great & it is a little less hectic upstairs.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

I agree with the ^ post! Columbia Harbor House was awesome. The fried shrimp platter was the best.

Have a magical trip!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettyk View Post

TIA!

Mara is an excellent cs with lots of healthy choices. In MK Casey's is a fun place and lots of choices at Cosmic Rays. Enjoy your trip.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: