Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
pickles521
Mouseketeer

Help me pick a neighborhood near Nashville

Hello,

I had a very promising interview for a company in Nashville. I'm hoping for some advice on where to live if it turns out to be as promising as I thought. I know that previous questions about Nashville on this board get good responses so there must be some locals here.

I am familiar with Clarksville and have a friend that commutes daily from there to HCA (is that downtown? I'm not sure what it would be called). I will work close to HCA Headquarters. I'm not opposed to Clarksville, it's nice enough, and the Rossview/Richview schools seem ok, Montgomery Central, too, but it's a bit further than I'd like - but I'm wondering if there is a better option closer to (potential) work.

The kids are in 4th, 9th, and 10th. The 9th grader loves cheerleading. Sadly, our current school in Florida looks like it will be cutting cheerleading next year, so I'd really like to find a good district academically for all the kids with a decent cheer program as a bonus. A commute for me that's less than an hour would be outstanding!

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks!
pickles521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles521 View Post
Hello,

I had a very promising interview for a company in Nashville. I'm hoping for some advice on where to live if it turns out to be as promising as I thought. I know that previous questions about Nashville on this board get good responses so there must be some locals here.

I am familiar with Clarksville and have a friend that commutes daily from there to HCA (is that downtown? I'm not sure what it would be called). I will work close to HCA Headquarters. I'm not opposed to Clarksville, it's nice enough, and the Rossview/Richview schools seem ok, Montgomery Central, too, but it's a bit further than I'd like - but I'm wondering if there is a better option closer to (potential) work.

The kids are in 4th, 9th, and 10th. The 9th grader loves cheerleading. Sadly, our current school in Florida looks like it will be cutting cheerleading next year, so I'd really like to find a good district academically for all the kids with a decent cheer program as a bonus. A commute for me that's less than an hour would be outstanding!

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks!

Clarksville is quite a ways away. If money is no option, you will want Franklin or Brentwood areas. Otherwise, look into Murfreesboro or Mt Juliet areas. Stay away, far away, from Metro Nashville schools (Davidson Co). They are terrible. My daughter will start school in 2014 and I have been looking into them. I dont have the link but if you google TN school report card, you can find each school & get their grade.

We are specifically looking into Smyrna & Murfreesboro schools in Rutherford Co (Southeast of Nashville) and Mt Juliet (Wilson Co)

Good Luck! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

We are house shopping right now. If you need a real estate agent let me know, ours has been wonderful!

Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - June 2013
Skip2MyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Friend of mine raves about the Spring Hill area (further South than Franklin). Still a bit of a commute, but much closer than Clarksville. My favorite pulled pork sandwich is from Stan's off I65 in Columbia & it's just a couple miles from my friend's house.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
asta
DIS Veteran

I live in Williamson County which is the county just south of Nashville. My children are in college now but attended the county public elementary schools. This area is known for having some of the best schools but the property values and home prices are higher because of that. The most affordable areas in Williamson county are in Spring Hill and in some rural parts of the county. Brentwood would be the most expensive part of the county. The local schools and community athletic associations have excellent programs that focus on keeping everyone active. I know that the local youth football program also has cheer leading teams. The schools also have cheer leading teams and competitive dance teams.

More affordable areas can be found to the southeast in Rutherford County and Wilson County to the east. Schools are good and housing cheaper but you will have to deal with the traffic. I would visit and experience the traffic at rush hour before deciding.

I would not recommend the Nashville Metro schools. Most people that I know who live there send their children to private schools. There are many good private options.

Personally I think Clarksville is too far away to commute. Traffic is very congested coming from the north.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: