Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
AprilJ26
Mouseketeer

Really Enjoyed Holiday Inn DTD!

I'm a little late posting this but I don't see enough about this hotel on here so I thought I'd let everyone know our experience. We stayed at the Holiday Inn DTD for the week of Thanksgiving and we absolutely loved the place! Let me add that we have previously ONLY stayed at onsite Disney resorts (value and mods).

The staff at this DTD hotel went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. EVERY staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. We are priority club platinum members and got some great perks without even asking. At check-in, we were upgraded (for free) to a pool view balcony room with a nice view of DTD and given a $20 credit for the hotel restaurant. We had booked 2 nights on points and 4 nights of the freedom from fees package so they gave us a $10 credit per reservation. We ate breakfast 5 mornings of our stay. The kids loved the Mickey waffles and my husband and I really liked the omelette station. (Kids eat free all day and breakfast came with our package). We also ate dinner 2 different nights and thought it was good, too.

We used the free Disney shuttle service from the hotel every day. Buses were plentiful running every about 30 minutes and even on a busy holiday week, we never had to stand (except when we chose to give up our seats to people who needed them more than we did.) However, this hotel is the second stop for the Side A buses. The people at other stops after our hotel frequently did have to stand in the mornings and evenings. Bus service to Epcot, AK, and HS was just as quick as our onsite experiences. MK was a little extra hassle because of the TTC but it wouldn't be any different if we had driven our car and parked so we had no issues with the bus service.

We saved a good bit of money by staying at this hotel because Disney hotels were not offering ANY discounts for this holiday week. We will very likely stay here again. The only exception would be IF we get a much better deal at an onsite resort, which isn't very likely since we can only vacation during busy times of the year (I'm a teacher).

Hope this little bit of info helps someone who's trying to make a decision!
AprilJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
kathy884
DIS Veteran

Saw great reviews for this place on Trip Advisor too. Sound wonderful. So glad that you enjoyed your stay. I recommended this to my parents when they needed one extra night (They were in a condo the other days), and they gave a very positive report too.
kathy884 is offline   Reply With Quote