Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #61
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer_f View Post
thanks! I'm a planning freak too so anything I *really* want, I will take control over so I guess I will wait up for a cabana! And maybe Palo too...
Concierge always holds back a cabana each on the Family Beach and I think Serenity Bay as well. I would contact them, if you don't feel like waiting up.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #62
janpluto
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Can you get coffee anytime? What hours can you access the lounge?
Here is a picture of the coffee maker taken on the Dream with their selections:

Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #63
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janpluto View Post
Here is a picture of the coffee maker taken on the Dream with their selections:

The same machine on the Fantasy is an upgraded version with even more choices and the ability to customize coffee strength ... the concierge host explained it all to me. The plan was to get a cheaper machine but fortunately, the concierge team convinced the higher brass to go even better - glad they did
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada View Post
...If you leave it to shoreside concierge in the morning you run the risk of not getting one. ...
We always let the concierge handle this and have had success with it each time. As the above poster said, some must be held back. We even had success with this on the Fantasy MV. I believe some are even held for onboard booking for concierge as we have been asked onboard if we want this as well.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #65
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
We always let the concierge handle this and have had success with it each time. As the above poster said, some must be held back. We even had success with this on the Fantasy MV. I believe some are even held for onboard booking for concierge as we have been asked onboard if we want this as well.
I saw at least 4 held back when I checked in for our next cruise. They are the higher number ones. On our last cruise the Concierges confirmed that those cabanas are held for booking by guests in suites.

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #66
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Yeah, but don't the suites, outnumber the cabanas..2-1? Personally, I wouldn't chance it, if I really wanted a cabana.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #67
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

Hey, we were on this one, too, Concierge in 11004. It was a blast, and I can't imagine not going Concierge for future cruises. On the first afternoon, we told our room steward that all we needed in our fridge was Coke and bottled water, and that night the fridge was stuffed to the gills. Knowing we could always grab a beverage and a snack easily without fighting a crowd anywhere just made the whole vacation so stress-free.

And the wife and I got to play Concierge host for PJ. He's going to Aulani for a wedding in a few months, and we had just been there in February, so we gave him a bunch of recommendations of for restaurants and touristy stuff to do, and the next night he'd printed off some of the menus from those places for us to review. It was fun turning the tables a bit.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #68
bbwex
Earning My Ears

Noise from deck above

The question was asked a few times, but on a previous page. Is there any noticeable noise from the deck above in the concierge cabins??

Previous cruises:
U.S.S. HANCOCK (CVA-19) 1969-71, two WestPac cruises -- oops those weren't pleasure cruises
Carnival Fantasy '90 or '91 - 3 day cruise
Oceania REGATTA - Scandinavian Splendor August, 2009
Disney WONDER - 3-Day Bahamas - December, 2009
HAL STATENDAM -- Alaska -- June, 2010
Ocean Adventures M.V. ECLIPSE - Galapagos Islands -- June, 2012
Oceania RIVIERA -- Italy -- October, 2012
Disney DREAM - 4 Day Bahamas - January, 2013
bbwex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #69
DCLSailing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwex View Post
The question was asked a few times, but on a previous page. Is there any noticeable noise from the deck above in the concierge cabins??
Just off the Dream and had our first experience in Concierge! I will say, it makes the cruise an entirely different experience. The lounge was a great retreat from the crowds and the food was delicious! The free drinks help as well. The service was top notch and they really went the extra mile.

We were in 12504 and had only one night where we heard any noise. It was an extremely windy night and I'm guessing it was the Crew packing up the chairs on the deck above. Outside of that single, brief instance, it was incredibly quiet and a wonderful experience!
DCLSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #70
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLSailing

Just off the Dream and had our first experience in Concierge! I will say, it makes the cruise an entirely different experience. The lounge was a great retreat from the crowds and the food was delicious! The free drinks help as well. The service was top notch and they really went the extra mile.

We were in 12504 and had only one night where we heard any noise. It was an extremely windy night and I'm guessing it was the Crew packing up the chairs on the deck above. Outside of that single, brief instance, it was incredibly quiet and a wonderful experience!
Any pictures? We are on the fantasy in the same room! I'm guessing the same setup!

November 2002 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2006 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2012 Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas WDW
January 2012 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2013 Saratoga Springs Mini Vacation
May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
hmangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #71
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS961 View Post
The same machine on the Fantasy is an upgraded version with even more choices and the ability to customize coffee strength ... the concierge host explained it all to me. The plan was to get a cheaper machine but fortunately, the concierge team convinced the higher brass to go even better - glad they did
Yes the machine on the Fantasy was definitely a step above the one on the Dream!

Loved the Mochachino's the one on the Fantasy made... A couple nights Julia insisted my wife have one of the hot chocolates and Bailey's since she was cold and mmmm it was great too!

Regarding deck noise from chairs above in the rooms on deck 12, we didn't really notice it at all. Every once in awhile we heard the chairs being moved around but it was generally always at times we were already awake or hadn't went to sleep and was not very loud at all.
mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #72
BosMan
BosMan

First time DCL

I have been following the thread. Is there anything you forgot or wish you had brought with you in your cabin? Others have suggested:
Power strip/extension cord
night light
over door shoe rack
bungie cords

anything that you can think of?

1st time disney cruisers in Concierge family 3 kids under 9....

Thanks
BosMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #73
DCLSailing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmangus View Post
Any pictures? We are on the fantasy in the same room! I'm guessing the same setup!
Yes, they are the same. We normally book the 299 square foot Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah so the larger Concierge suite did not appeal to us. The Verandah was the typical size and both the room and Verandah can be shared with the Roy suite. A few subtle differences that we noted. For example, the larger TV in front of the bed.

Room looking towards the door -

Fridge upon arrival - this was re-stocked daily (including Mickey Bars)!

Another subtle but nice difference was the additional H2O Plus items. Picture for reference -

Also, awaiting our arrival was a nice fruit basket -

Different color scheme - different pillow color -

The food was delicious - a breakfast item example -

Lunch items example -

And the bed was a pullout which was different than we had ever seen. This is the layout at night -

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I can answer any questions. If you have the opportunity, the experience was wonderful. As veteran Disney Cruisers, this was a very unique experience for us and absolutely enjoyed every minute of it!
DCLSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #74
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada View Post
Coke products, and I did see some dr. Pepper in there.
Notably, there is a lot of storage space in the rooms. I brought extra hangers, over the door shoe holder, closet organizer, etc but never used any of it. There are two spacious closets, twelve drawers, six cubbies and lots of cupboard space. The bed is well lifted off the floor and our suitcases fit under there. We had a big bump out and four chairs on our balcony which meant we could all sit outside. However since that was usually first thing in the morning and before dinner we could not take advantage of it because the guests on both sides of us were on their balconies smoking and the smell wafted over.
We were the only family to decorate our door on our side but there were a few fish extenders around.
I honestly don't think I could ever book another cruise without going concierge.
I was on the Fantasy on the 12/8 sailing and there was no Dr Pepper on board. They don't carry it at all. I brought my own Pibb Extra with me, which excited some attention and may have been what you saw (not mine, specifically, but another passenger may have brought their own, too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
OP, were you able to order from the MD (room service)? We had a one bedroom in June, but they are sold out for out for our April sailing. I have conflicting information, regarding room service and the menu for the Verandah cabins.
The concierge told me that the main dining rooms only deliver room service to suites. The family rooms don't have a dining table, so they can't deliver the main dining meal, because it all comes at once.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #75
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwex
I did concierge on the Dream in 12508 and there was no noise. I think the concierge sun deck was above us but I'm not sure. I did hear that the Wonder and Magic concierge rooms were below deck 9 so that's where the ping pong tables and eating tables were so there is much noise on the classic ships.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

• Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal December 2012
  • Dream DVC Member Cruise Bahamas September 2012
  • Dream Bahamas April 2012
  • Magic Eastern Caribbean October 2011
  • Wonder Bahamas December 2010
Proud DVC Member since 2011 | Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Nat Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: