Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #46
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada View Post
We had 12010. Family verandah. It was plenty spacious for us. We spent very little time in there other than to sleep and shower. A one bedroom would have been a waste of money for us given how little time we spent there. We did spend a lot of time in the concierge sun deck and lounge. Continental breakfast every morning and nice little sandwiches, cheese, crackers, fruit and veggies through the day. Appetizers during the happy hour which ran from 5-5:45 and 7:15-8-15. Cocktails, wine, beer all available. Tony had a fully stocked bar. They have a great coffee machine in there that makes yummy mochachino and cafe latte. Big screen tv showing disney movies with no sound, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Lots of games for the kids to play. There is a fridge in your room stocked with water and soda, but if you run out you can replenish your supplies from the lounge.
Movies on the cruise were Wreck it Ralph, Finding Nemo 3D, Lincoln, Frankenweenie, the Avengers.
Best part of the cruise was the staff. PJ, Andy and Alice were beyond awesome!
Can you get coffee anytime? What hours can you access the lounge?
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #47
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Can you get coffee anytime? What hours can you access the lounge?
Yes you can get coffee anytime. As for the hours, I can't remember off hand for sure what time the lounge opens(I am thinking maybe 7:00am but don't hold me to that) but I am pretty sure it closed at 10:00pm.
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #48
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

7am - 10pm
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Yup 7-10!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #50
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgandolph View Post
Any issues with noise in the room?
Specifically, with the deck chairs directly above you? Wasn't sure if the deck washing each morning caused a lot of noise as the chairs were moved and replaced.

We are planning on that same room and were wondering about the noise - thought the bump out might be worth it!
Thanks!
We have been in that room and didn't have any noise issues. The only rooms we had noise issues with the deck chairs were 12028 and 12528.. In the evening passengers regularly move them around on the deck and caused some noise for us.. after the first night we got used to it though..
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #51
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge View Post
Did you do a trip report? I'd love to hear all about it (thought of doing a trip to NYC and a cruise outta there may be the next thing to do to add on).
Oh - I hadn't really thought of doing a trip report, but suppose I could (after the holidays are over). Maybe I could combine all 3 trips (I had a severe lapse in judgement, and booked 4 cruises inside of a 13 month span - still trying to determine how to pay for them all. It was a rough year). Lol sort of.

I'm wondering about noise in 12008, too, and curious to see photos...
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013

Last edited by ddixon1; 12-10-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo
ddixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #52
Poohcandi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmer1rick View Post
Actually, I think you would be surprised about how much your kids will love it. I have a DS10 and we started sailing in concierge when he was 8 yrs old. The hosts do quite a few things for the kids in concierge.. don't want to spoil all their surprises for kids, but to name a few.. They make smoothies for the kids during happy hour, they have coloring books and crayons they give out, they also get complimentary aaaarcade cards for sea days, tatoos for pirate night, you can check out ipads for them, and many more.

I am sorry that some of the responses came across as rude, but from my personal experience, you will find much more accurate answers on these boards than calling DCL (unless you talk to shoreside concierge). And even shoreside concierge can't answer all the questions fully..

To better answer your original question, not sure how you could work it so only your husband and you could get concierge unless at least one of your kids is 18. DCL requires each room on a reservation have an 18 yr old adult in the room (I think). That doesn't mean that is the way you actually decide on the sleeping assignments though. The KTTW cards are given out by how the reservation is booked and the KTTW cards are the way the concierge team knows who is in concierge. Does this make sense or did I further confuse the subject?
Our oldest is 18, however, we were unable to put the reservation in his name because you need to be 21 with DCL.
The two youngest children our booked into the same room as myself DD5 and DS10. We anticipate not seeing much of the older 3 except when we request their presence at meals, if it is any,thing like our past cruise. Thank you for the information though. More for us to consider.
Poohcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #53
Poohcandi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomagic View Post
Yes, it is perfectly fine to have non concierge guests in a concierge cabin. Actually, concierge would be more than happy to help arrange a "gathering" in your room (food/drinks) should you want to do so.

I hope my response to your previous question didn't come across that way and if it did I am truly sorry.
Your response was perfectly appropriate and informative. Thank you! I thought I was asking a simple question and was not prepared to be attacked by so many. Clearly I am new to this and will think twice before asking questions.
Poohcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #54
lives4vacation1210
Earning My Ears

leaving the ship

Quote:
Had the most amazing time on the Fantasy. PJ, Andy and Alice were our concierge hosts and were absolutely incredible! We are definitely doing this vacation again!

Did you get priority disembarking from the ship, if there is such a thing? Approximately what time would that be?
lives4vacation1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #55
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lives4vacation1210

Did you get priority disembarking from the ship, if there is such a thing? Approximately what time would that be?
No, unfortunately not. The disembarking process however is quite fast even with a number of people butting into line from the luggage lines. I think from start to finish it took 15 minutes. My suggestion- if you have lots of luggage- invest the tip $ to get someone to trolley your bags- especially if you have young kids!
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #56
jennifer_f
Earning My Ears

thanks for the review and the pictures OP.

a few concierge questions...we are taking our first DCL cruise in May and our 120 booking window is very soon! Do I just call the concierge and give them a list of what we would like to book? (cabana, BBB, spa, etc) I hear conflicting stories about if I need to stay up late and book the cabana as they may all be gone by the time the concierge opens on the first day?? We haven't really received any information for our cruise other than the reminder that our 120 day window opens in 2 weeks!

So excited and can't wait for our first cruise
jennifer_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #57
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

i stayed up to book my cabana. At 12:03 there were only 2 left, one of which I snagged on a crappy satellite internet connection! If you leave it to shoreside concierge in the morning you run the risk of not getting one.
I booked my cabana and excursions on my own through the website. I also booked my Palo evening. I did have concierge book my Palo brunch and help me with arrangements for the kids club. I likely used the concierge service prior to boarding less than most. I had them book me a pedicure on the 1st day of the cruise because the line up at the Spa to book appointments was out the door. Compared to some on our cruise my family used their services very little while on board but mostly because I was well armed with info from this board and am such a planning freak that I had it all worked out well before we left for Florida However, other than the cabana you could just contact them on the 120 day out mark and give them a list and have them do all the arrangements for you.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #58
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

OP, were you able to order from the MD (room service)? We had a one bedroom in June, but they are sold out for out for our April sailing. I have conflicting information, regarding room service and the menu for the Verandah cabins.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #59
jennifer_f
Earning My Ears

Quote:
i stayed up to book my cabana. At 12:03 there were only 2 left, one of which I snagged on a crappy satellite internet connection! If you leave it to shoreside concierge in the morning you run the risk of not getting one.
I booked my cabana and excursions on my own through the website. I also booked my Palo evening. I did have concierge book my Palo brunch and help me with arrangements for the kids club. I likely used the concierge service prior to boarding less than most. I had them book me a pedicure on the 1st day of the cruise because the line up at the Spa to book appointments was out the door. Compared to some on our cruise my family used their services very little while on board but mostly because I was well armed with info from this board and am such a planning freak that I had it all worked out well before we left for Florida However, other than the cabana you could just contact them on the 120 day out mark and give them a list and have them do all the arrangements for you.

thanks! I'm a planning freak too so anything I *really* want, I will take control over so I guess I will wait up for a cabana! And maybe Palo too...
jennifer_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #60
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer_f View Post
thanks! I'm a planning freak too so anything I *really* want, I will take control over so I guess I will wait up for a cabana! And maybe Palo too...
If you want a cabana, waiting up is a must. I booked ours Friday morning and they were gone in 5 minutes. I clicked onto three, before I could confirm one. Scared my pants off...
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: