Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada

We had 12010. Family verandah. It was plenty spacious for us. We spent very little time in there other than to sleep and shower. A one bedroom would have been a waste of money for us given how little time we spent there. We did spend a lot of time in the concierge sun deck and lounge. Continental breakfast every morning and nice little sandwiches, cheese, crackers, fruit and veggies through the day. Appetizers during the happy hour which ran from 5-5:45 and 7:15-8-15. Cocktails, wine, beer all available. Tony had a fully stocked bar. They have a great coffee machine in there that makes yummy mochachino and cafe latte. Big screen tv showing disney movies with no sound, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Lots of games for the kids to play. There is a fridge in your room stocked with water and soda, but if you run out you can replenish your supplies from the lounge.
Movies on the cruise were Wreck it Ralph, Finding Nemo 3D, Lincoln, Frankenweenie, the Avengers.
Best part of the cruise was the staff. PJ, Andy and Alice were beyond awesome!
I too would love to see your pictures as I just booked this room for 2014

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #32
Poohcandi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Only those booked in the Concierge level stateroom will have access to the concierge areas and perks. If you want your whole family of 7 to have access to the lounge and deck areas, you will need to PAY for two concierge level staterooms.
Thank you everyone for all the feedback. I probably wasn't clear enough about the question I was asking... Basically, because we have to make 2 reservations they have to be made under 2 different adult names, so my husband and I who would be the only ones to appreciate the service etc... wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Frankly, on our last disney cruise we hardly saw our older children. No intention to rip anyone off or take anyone's space. It was just a question.
Poohcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #33
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

We enjoyed our experience with the Dream concierge staff this week enough to have booked it for the Fantasy in 2014. I look forward to reading about how the staff evolves over the next couple years!

Agree that the deck and lounge are very nice perks. A quiet space on the ship is not always an easy thing to find. The coffee is definitely the BEST available.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #34
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

We are about to sail concierge on the Dream. My biggest concern is that we will be too spoiled to sail non-concierge after this experience.... Really looking forward to it. Loved the Magic out of NYC this past summer...
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
ddixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #35
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

I assume it's okay to have guests in your concierge room that are staying in non-concierge rooms, right? That is, as long as they don't use the lounge and you don't abuse the "take the lounge beverages back to your room" feature for them. I'm thinking of a situation where you have a group of people and the only large stateroom that fits everyone for socializing is the concierge one bedroom.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #36
Poohcandi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
I assume it's okay to have guests in your concierge room that are staying in non-concierge rooms, right? That is, as long as they don't use the lounge and you don't abuse the "take the lounge beverages back to your room" feature for them. I'm thinking of a situation where you have a group of people and the only large stateroom that fits everyone for socializing is the concierge one bedroom.
Although, I am interested in the answer to this question, I am surprised you asked after the response I got. If you are looking for a POLITE and accurate response, I would suggest you do what I did and call DCL yourself. The CM's are very helpful without being rude or accusatory.
Poohcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #37
cgolf
DIS Veteran

We are booked in January and have been told it is OK for them to visit the room, but not the other areas. My DD and DM are in a non concierge room this cruise, they are hoping one opens up so that they too can upgrade.

cgolf
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #38
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
Yes, it is perfectly fine to have non concierge guests in a concierge cabin. Actually, concierge would be more than happy to help arrange a "gathering" in your room (food/drinks) should you want to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohcandi View Post
Although, I am interested in the answer to this question, I am surprised you asked after the response I got. If you are looking for a POLITE and accurate response, I would suggest you do what I did and call DCL yourself. The CM's are very helpful without being rude or accusatory.
I hope my response to your previous question didn't come across that way and if it did I am truly sorry.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #39
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

here are a few of the lounge I had

and these aren't quite 12010 but from the verandah on 12006 (which is the first bump 1Bdr)

mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #40
tmgandolph
Mouseketeer

Question Noise?

Any issues with noise in the room?
Specifically, with the deck chairs directly above you? Wasn't sure if the deck washing each morning caused a lot of noise as the chairs were moved and replaced.

We are planning on that same room and were wondering about the noise - thought the bump out might be worth it!
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #41
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon1 View Post
We are about to sail concierge on the Dream. My biggest concern is that we will be too spoiled to sail non-concierge after this experience.... Really looking forward to it. Loved the Magic out of NYC this past summer...
Did you do a trip report? I'd love to hear all about it (thought of doing a trip to NYC and a cruise outta there may be the next thing to do to add on).
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #42
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyyyle View Post

and these aren't quite 12010 but from the verandah on 12006 (which is the first bump 1Bdr)
great photos thanks for sharing!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #43
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyyyle View Post
Hey, I don't remember signing a photo release.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #44
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohcandi View Post
Actually, I think you would be surprised about how much your kids will love it. I have a DS10 and we started sailing in concierge when he was 8 yrs old. The hosts do quite a few things for the kids in concierge.. don't want to spoil all their surprises for kids, but to name a few.. They make smoothies for the kids during happy hour, they have coloring books and crayons they give out, they also get complimentary aaaarcade cards for sea days, tatoos for pirate night, you can check out ipads for them, and many more.

I am sorry that some of the responses came across as rude, but from my personal experience, you will find much more accurate answers on these boards than calling DCL (unless you talk to shoreside concierge). And even shoreside concierge can't answer all the questions fully..

To better answer your original question, not sure how you could work it so only your husband and you could get concierge unless at least one of your kids is 18. DCL requires each room on a reservation have an 18 yr old adult in the room (I think). That doesn't mean that is the way you actually decide on the sleeping assignments though. The KTTW cards are given out by how the reservation is booked and the KTTW cards are the way the concierge team knows who is in concierge. Does this make sense or did I further confuse the subject?
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Hey, I don't remember signing a photo release.
haha I can put a big black circle over ya if you want

Noise wise, I heard a little bit of chairs etc moving but it definitely wasn't enough to wake me up or bother me. I only heard it in the mornings when I was already awake.
mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: