Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
Poohcandi
Earning My Ears

Hey, I have been following this and you are tempting me to upgrade the cruise we have booked to concierge. However, we are a family of seven and have to book 2 rooms. Right now we have the kids booked into a standard room and we are in a deluxe family veranda. The upgrade for the one room is not significant, but to upgrade both would be too much for our budget this time. So how do they monitor who is in and out of the concierge areas? My husbands name is on the kids room reservation so would only the people who are listed as in that stateroom be allowed in the lounge and deck areas? If anyone has any info that would be great.
Poohcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
firsttimemom
DIS Veteran

We just booked a 7n western 1br for spring break 2014. It's costing us an arm and a leg but we feel the space and the service are worth it to us. It will be our first time cruising concierge and I don't know how well they are able to monitor guests. Honestly, I'd be ticked if we couldn't find loungers because someone brought family members or friends from nonconcierge rooms up. If you want to use the space and services, you should be willing to pay for it.
2006 (CCI) 2008 (RI)

DCL
Wonder: 5/23/04 ~ Magic: 1/22/05 ~ Wonder: 5/10/09 (PCC 1.0) ~ Wonder: 12/12/10 (PCC 2.0) ~ Dream: 4/17/11 ~ Magic Canadian: 6/17/12 ~ Fantasyturkeyfest 11/17/12 ~ Fantasy 4/12/14

firsttimemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimemom
Honestly, I'd be ticked if we couldn't find loungers because someone brought family members or friends from nonconcierge rooms up. If you want to use the space and services, you should be willing to pay for it.
THIS. If you want your whole family to have access, pay for it.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

When you book concierge, all the guest in that cabin get Gold colored KTTW cards (very distinctive) that allow you access into the concierge areas e.g. Lounge, sun deck etc. Additionally the concierge hosts will know all of the the concierge guests on site by name. I Would't risk bringing non concierge guests into concierge areas.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #20
Wenawen
Earning My Ears

I am so glad you posted this thread cause I just upgraded our reservation to the concierge level. It's a Christmas present to my husband. What types of soda do they have? Is it only Coke products? A friend that is traveling with me is a diet Dr. Pepper fanatic! Please tell me more about the concierge level.
Wenawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #21
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohcandi View Post
Hey, I have been following this and you are tempting me to upgrade the cruise we have booked to concierge. However, we are a family of seven and have to book 2 rooms. Right now we have the kids booked into a standard room and we are in a deluxe family veranda. The upgrade for the one room is not significant, but to upgrade both would be too much for our budget this time. So how do they monitor who is in and out of the concierge areas? My husbands name is on the kids room reservation so would only the people who are listed as in that stateroom be allowed in the lounge and deck areas? If anyone has any info that would be great.
Only those booked in the Concierge level stateroom will have access to the concierge areas and perks. If you want your whole family of 7 to have access to the lounge and deck areas, you will need to PAY for two concierge level staterooms.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #22
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohcandi
Our KTTW cards are gold and they have it figured out after the first day who is in concierge. Plus, the only way into concierge lounge or us deck is by using your gold KTTW card. Without that or a room being on that floor gives you nothing. All the rooms on deck 11 and 12 are concierge so if you need two rooms you would have to buy two concierge rooms. Non concierge guests are not permitted in the lounge or on the sun deck.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
cgolf
DIS Veteran

I would love to see pictures of the veranda. We will be in that room on the 12th of January, and can't wait. Also curious, being Gluten free as to what they put out for the breakfast items. I hope they have some gluten free items out.
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #24
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenawen
I am so glad you posted this thread cause I just upgraded our reservation to the concierge level. It's a Christmas present to my husband. What types of soda do they have? Is it only Coke products? A friend that is traveling with me is a diet Dr. Pepper fanatic! Please tell me more about the concierge level.
Coke products, and I did see some dr. Pepper in there.
Notably, there is a lot of storage space in the rooms. I brought extra hangers, over the door shoe holder, closet organizer, etc but never used any of it. There are two spacious closets, twelve drawers, six cubbies and lots of cupboard space. The bed is well lifted off the floor and our suitcases fit under there. We had a big bump out and four chairs on our balcony which meant we could all sit outside. However since that was usually first thing in the morning and before dinner we could not take advantage of it because the guests on both sides of us were on their balconies smoking and the smell wafted over.
We were the only family to decorate our door on our side but there were a few fish extenders around.
I honestly don't think I could ever book another cruise without going concierge.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #25
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohcandi View Post
Concierge knows who does and does not belong in the lounge and other areas. They have access to the guests security photos(the one tied to your KTTW card) and study those the first night after all guests have embarked the ship - someone on our cruise asked how they know everyone so quickly and that was the answer given. We did have a passenger make it into the lounge, must have caught the door before it shut because another concierge guest had just entered, and right away this person was politely asked to leave.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron

THIS. If you want your whole family to have access, pay for it.
Ditto! We are doing concierge for the first time in April, and I can't wait. We had to do two rooms as well, so I feel OP on this issue's pain, but I hope when they think it through a little more they'll realize how unfair that would be to bring people who they didn't pay for to use the concierge amenities.
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #27
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to the pictures of the balcony/room and if you have any of the conceirge lounge too that would be great!

Did conceirge staff do anything particuarly magical for you during your stay or was it generally fab!!!
Debx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #28
TChrist05
DIS Veteran

My DW and I are just off the Fantasy yesteday and it was our 30th Disney cruise. We have never stayed in concierge. My question for those that have is it really worth the big difference in cost of the cruise? I know of some of the little perks you get when staying in categories 1-3. I am sure it is great and you truly enjoy it but is it really worth the extra money. I kind of get a kick out of the cast members studying the photos to know who belongs there or not. Kind of the concierge secret service. I could probably do 3 cruises for what some pay for just 1. Just curious if it is really worth it.
TChrist05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #29
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChrist05 View Post
My DW and I are just off the Fantasy yesteday and it was our 30th Disney cruise. We have never stayed in concierge. My question for those that have is it really worth the big difference in cost of the cruise? I know of some of the little perks you get when staying in categories 1-3. I am sure it is great and you truly enjoy it but is it really worth the extra money. I kind of get a kick out of the cast members studying the photos to know who belongs there or not. Kind of the concierge secret service. I could probably do 3 cruises for what some pay for just 1. Just curious if it is really worth it.
We too are platinum members and we do think it is worth it just for the experience. However, we only do one concierge cruise a year (others are in lower categories).

With being platinum, one of the big perks of concierge (120 booking window) is already available to us as platinum. We love the lounge on the newer ships.. always having snacks and drinks available, the "happy hour" before dinner with a free glass of wine, free beverages (including beer), the outstanding service you receive from the hosts, ability to have your own table in the MDR, being able to eat dinner in the suites, and so many other small perks make it a completely different cruise than regular staterooms.

On our other cruises, we always check for available upgrades and take them for concierge if available... The cost is significantly less (by 1/3 the difference or so..). If you are wondering if it is worth it, recommend you look into upgrading on your next cruise and see for yourself.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #30
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChrist05 View Post
I kind of get a kick out of the cast members studying the photos to know who belongs there or not. Kind of the concierge secret service.
It is pretty amazing how they know everyone by name by the next day though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: