Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
candfandm
Mouseketeer

Kid's Club ID Bracelets

I read that the ID bracelets that the kid's must wear in while in the Clubs cost $50.00 if they loose them. Can they come off easily?
Also, can parents take a look around the Kids Club area when dropping off their child for the first time?
candfandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
lodge
DIS Veteran

You don't have to keep them on the kids, just keep the "device"... they can reband them each time you visit.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

As above, it is only the locator device that costs $50. You can take them off the child as long as you have it with you when you check in the child--they will attach a new band.

The first afternoon will be "open house" time in the Club and Lab. You and your child can go then to look around. Normally, parents can't stay when they drop off a child (new policy as of December 2011), but CMs do make brief allowances with young children.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Gatrcruzer
Mouseketeer

My daughter can't handle tightness, and we were able to change the setting on the bracelet so that it was loose enough to slide on and off easily. We just put it on to go to the club. You can do the re-band thing, but it can be busy there, so nice not to have to deal with that.
Gatrcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
shburks
DIS Veteran

Go to the Open House on the first day to get a good feel of what is available and what your child might like to do when they return. I think that's a good idea for any child but particularly one who might not even know what they WANT to do in the club/lab. Otherwise, you pretty much send them in from the front desk.

Our son wore the band all week on a 7 night and didn't have any issues at all with it.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can also have the locator bracelet put on as an ankle bracelet if that works better for your child--especially for little ones, this can be a good solution.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Often if you lose it on the ship someone finds it and turns it in. This happened to a child in front of us in line when I was checking my daughter in. So they didn't have to pay.
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

They have open house several times. The two kids club are connected and they can go from one to the other and play. My 8 year old loved pixie hallow. The councelers are great, my daughter fell down and they called us on the wave phone even though she was fine.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by candfandm
I read that the ID bracelets that the kid's must wear in while in the Clubs cost $50.00 if they loose them. Can they come off easily?
Also, can parents take a look around the Kids Club area when dropping off their child for the first time?
They have several open houses during the week. We went to the one on the first day and spent an hour with the kids. My oldest is autistic and we were worried it would be an issue, but the team was beyond fantastic. I couldn't say enough good things about them. I was also reassured by the fact the kids wore GPS locators and getting a child out of the club was like breaking thru Fort Knox passwords, locked gates, three or four CMs on the doors. They run that area exceptionally well.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
mikensarah83
Earning My Ears

My daughters bracelet was loose enough she could squeeze her hand and take it off, but tight enough it stayed on when she wore it. The open house was nice; it helped a lot with her to get used to the area with us there. When we went to drop her off the cast member gave us "2 mins" to go in with her and drop her off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: