Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #46
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan
 
dpuck1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vicksburg, MI
Posts: 10,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar View Post
This is a great deal. Can the GC's be used to pay off the cruise? I'm not going until June and still owe over $5000. Would I have to call the TA or Disney direct?
Thanks.
I just emailed my TA all my card numbers and it was applied. So far I've paid over 2000 in gift cards towards my cruise and I put disney gift cards on my xmas list from anyone that asked.
__________________

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #47
carcam51
Mouseketeer
 
carcam51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 367

Just got back from Target. The young girl at the register didn't say a thing to me when I brought her 10 $50 Disney gift cards and 10 coupons. I had to spread it over three transactions because the system would only let her do 4 per transaction, but it was early and wasn't busy yet, so she didn't seem to mind. I got $100.00 in Target gift cards! After I left the check out area, I proceeded to the electronics section where I bought $100.00 worth of Disney cards with my target gift cards - $600.00 in Disney cash for $500.00
carcam51 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #48
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcam51 View Post
Just got back from Target. The young girl at the register didn't say a thing to me when I brought her 10 $50 Disney gift cards and 10 coupons. I had to spread it over three transactions because the system would only let her do 4 per transaction, but it was early and wasn't busy yet, so she didn't seem to mind. I got $100.00 in Target gift cards! After I left the check out area, I proceeded to the electronics section where I bought $100.00 worth of Disney cards with my target gift cards - $600.00 in Disney cash for $500.00
Should have gotten another $20 in Target if you had extra coupons!
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #49
Chernabog#1fan
DVCOwner
 
Chernabog#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I, too went to Target and purchased Disney gift cards and used my coupon as well as my Target Red Card...BUT since I also do a lot of couponing (in order to save moolah for the cruise to be feasible), I have saved the gift cards that Target gives as part of the sale/promotion every week with a select purchase. I basically got my gift cards FREE.
Are you saying that you can use a target gift card to purchase the Disney cards? I would love to know about this because I can get 20% off on Target gift cards through a savings site I have.
Chernabog#1fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #50
goeva
DIS Veteran
 
goeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,516

What site offers 20% off on Target gift cards? TIA.
__________________

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #51
Chernabog#1fan
DVCOwner
 
Chernabog#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 455

It is a program called my live to save. You have to pay for it and I am not sure if it is open to new members.
__________________
King James Version
Chernabog#1fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #52
jsolar
Mouseketeer
 
jsolar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Huntingdon Valley, PA
Posts: 360

Okay, so I went to Target and purchased $5300 worth if GC and only paid $4115!!! Amazing. Now I feel better about going on this cruise.
The price increase was really bothering me!
Thanks disboard for posting this!!
__________________

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #53
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer
 
violetmonarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog#1fan View Post
Are you saying that you can use a target gift card to purchase the Disney cards? I would love to know about this because I can get 20% off on Target gift cards through a savings site I have.
YES!! I went to Target and bought grocery items that are part of a promotion like buy three get a Target gift card...I use store AND stack Target coupons for the same items making them nearly free. When I get all the gift cards and use the $10.00 gift card coupon with that first purchase, I use them all towards the Disney card purchase AS WELL AS another $10.00 gift card coupon making my Disney gift cards FREE!!! Just got 200.00 in Disney gift cards FREE this week alone.
My trip has been paid for already, but these cards are for paying my onboard bill.
Try it!
__________________
Momma DD DS =



Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #54
erocrobro
DIS Veteran
 
erocrobro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 659

I went to Target tonight to use my coupons for the spend $50 get a $10 gc. I have always used my Target card in order to get the 5% off with no problem. Tonight, however, I noticed that each of my cards was ringing up at $48 instead of what I was figuring should have been $47.50. Am I doing the math wrong or is this the same price everyone gets? I really wanted to have the cashier call a manager and ask, but wasn't really wanting to call too much attention to the fact that I was buying nearly $3000 worth of cards using this coupon, one at a time. It really would add up though, to nearly $25. Either way, I'm thrilled at the savings!
__________________


erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #55
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.
 
Miz Diz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SSR AKV
Posts: 3,706

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar View Post
Okay, so I went to Target and purchased $5300 worth if GC and only paid $4115!!! Amazing. Now I feel better about going on this cruise.
The price increase was really bothering me!
Thanks disboard for posting this!!
Did you buy them all in the same store at the same time? I spread mine out between 3 Targets. I spent more at one of the Targets and feel like I can't show my face in there for a while.
__________________
"The only thing bad about Disney is that we're not there right now." ~ DS5
Miz Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #56
axfather
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 275

Ok guys what now!?

The $50 get $10 gift card deal at Target is no more....what next? I want my next fix from you guys....
axfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #57
nhgirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Amherst
Posts: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by axfather View Post
The $50 get $10 gift card deal at Target is no more....what next? I want my next fix from you guys....
Target wouldn't let me do this and I was only getting one GC. No Fair. I want in on the next fix too.
__________________
NCL Spirit - 2010
Disney Magic - 2012
nhgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #58
jsolar
Mouseketeer
 
jsolar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Huntingdon Valley, PA
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
Did you buy them all in the same store at the same time? I spread mine out between 3 Targets. I spent more at one of the Targets and feel like I can't show my face in there for a while.
Kind of.
First I went to see if it would work and bought $1600 worth. Then I went back to the same girl with my mom (who bought $3000). She shut her line down and just did 4 at a time. It took slightly over an hour.
At the end I thanked her so much and gave her one of the $10 Target GC.
She was thrilled!!

Now I just have to put all 108 gc numbers on a spreadsheet to give to my TA.
Well worth my time!
__________________

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #59
jsolar
Mouseketeer
 
jsolar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Huntingdon Valley, PA
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
I went to Target tonight to use my coupons for the spend $50 get a $10 gc. I have always used my Target card in order to get the 5% off with no problem. Tonight, however, I noticed that each of my cards was ringing up at $48 instead of what I was figuring should have been $47.50. Am I doing the math wrong or is this the same price everyone gets? I really wanted to have the cashier call a manager and ask, but wasn't really wanting to call too much attention to the fact that I was buying nearly $3000 worth of cards using this coupon, one at a time. It really would add up though, to nearly $25. Either way, I'm thrilled at the savings!
I agree with you. My savings were not the true 5%. Out of curiosity, I'll call customer service in the morning.
But like you said, I'm happy with what I saved.
__________________

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #60
Ariel224
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar

I agree with you. My savings were not the true 5%. Out of curiosity, I'll call customer service in the morning.
But like you said, I'm happy with what I saved.
My guess is that the $10 promo GC is subtracted from the total, so the 5% only comes off the remaining $40 we actually ended up paying.
__________________
DD=13, DS=10, DD=9

Disneyland November 2-5, 2009; November 11-21, 2010; November 7-11, 2011
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean November 10-17, 2012
Ariel224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.