Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
SEC71
Mouseketeer

How long was lunch wait at Be Our Guest today?

We went to Magic Kingdom and the line at Be Our Guest at lunch looked very long. Does anyone know how long it took today? I am willing yo wait but not for a really long timeout s couple of hours'
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

We were there on Thanksgiving day. The line stretched about 3/4 the length of the bridge. It moved quickly. We waited about 25 minutes before ordering our food. We thought the QS there was the best QS of our trip. Everything we had was fantastic! Give it a try.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys
We were there on Thanksgiving day. The line stretched about 3/4 the length of the bridge. It moved quickly. We waited about 25 minutes before ordering our food. We thought the QS there was the best QS of our trip. Everything we had was fantastic! Give it a try.
My experience was similar last month. I don't think it'll ever top a couple of hours as the OP fears.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys View Post
Wow you waited 25 minutes to order at a counter service? I would never wait that long no mater how good the food is supposed to be. I know they have a unique menu and supposedly beautiful interior, but if I have to wait 25 minutes to order I will never see it. My rule is I don't wait more than 15 minutes in any line at WDW.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete

Wow you waited 25 minutes to order at a counter service? I would never wait that long no mater how good the food is supposed to be. I know they have a unique menu and supposedly beautiful interior, but if I have to wait 25 minutes to order I will never see it. My rule is I don't wait more than 15 minutes in any line at WDW.
Some things are worth an exception or two.

Last edited by mesaboy2; 12-07-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
We all have things we're willing to wait for and not

I figure it's not unusual to wait 15-20 minutes to be seated at a restaurant here at home (especially at a peak meal time), so 25 for a brand new restaurant with the creative theme and appeal of BOG? That's not bad.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
JessM
We all have a dream

Last Sunday the line was halfway out on the bridge (around 1:15pm). We waited 20 mins from getting in line to getting our food. The food was out so quickly and hot! I honestly think we Waite longer at Cosmic Rays the other night because they looked short staffed in the kitchen, everyone was held up behind the ordering stations NOT fun. Be our guest is so relaxing and worth the wait IMO.
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
ghertz
Earning My Ears

We were there the Friday before thanksgiving and around lunch time the line was to the start of the bridge. We went back around 2 and went right in and were ordering in 5 mins. Food was pretty good but the steak sandwich didn't sit well and I was hurting for the next 2 days.
ghertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

How is the seating? Do you have to have your food to sit down?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #10
ghertz
Earning My Ears

You are seated and they bring the food out on a fancy glass top cart.
ghertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghertz View Post
You are seated and they bring the food out on a fancy glass top cart.
But you can't get a table before you order? That's a big issue with some of the counter service, when it's busy you can't find a table because people take a table to wait while someone else orders.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Not at BOG they don't. You can't get to the tables until you've been through the order line.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
But you can't get a table before you order? That's a big issue with some of the counter service, when it's busy you can't find a table because people take a table to wait while someone else orders.
Everyone entering is either funneled through the ordering area managed by CMs, or they can look into the Grand Ballroom from an area cordoned off by ropes and CMs. No one can access a table without ordering first.

There were many tables available during my one lunch there and would not anticipate BOG seeing the same issues as other CS do because of this design.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
ClarkusR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Everyone entering is either funneled through the ordering area managed by CMs, or they can look into the Grand Ballroom from an area cordoned off by ropes and CMs. No one can access a table without ordering first.

There were many tables available during my one lunch there and would not anticipate BOG seeing the same issues as other CS do because of this design.
mesaboy2, I have to give you props. You seem to know your stuff. A bit prickly sometimes, but you give good info. Thanks.
ClarkusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkusR

mesaboy2, I have to give you props. You seem to know your stuff. A bit prickly sometimes, but you give good info. Thanks.
Thanks. I think I only get "prickly" when someone impugns my honor and integrity, as seems to happen on a certain hot-topic button that I shall not name.

I do love to help out folks with questions about WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: