Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #61
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue

I've been dreaming of it ALL day.. -25 Celcius my car said this morning..not factoring the wind!!!!
Basically the same here. Brrr, in the - mid 30's with the wind. The harbor has been "steamy" the past 2 days.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
05/08/2011 4-Night Bahamian - Carnival
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #62
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palloma View Post
wow thats great to know, saving money is always what we want to do.
Are there any direct flights from burlington? flying with 2 kids is so stressful for us.
Glad to help!! I love saving too lol
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #63
DaCharbonneau
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!

We are in as well! YEAH!! We will be myself Natacha, my husband Maxim and our son Julian (at time of cruising 6). We are from Carignan (Québec). This will be our 1st DCL cruise, and our 3rd cruise. We are one of the family mention by Palloma We are on the 8th floor.
DaCharbonneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #64
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCharbonneau View Post
Hello everyone!

We are in as well! YEAH!! We will be myself Natacha, my husband Maxim and our son Julian (at time of cruising 6). We are from Carignan (Québec). This will be our 1st DCL cruise, and our 3rd cruise. We are one of the family mention by Palloma We are on the 8th floor.
Welcome Natacha!! I've added you and your family to the roll call!!

PS We are neighbors, I are in Chambly
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #65
barbeaujo
Earning My Ears

WOW ! Already on page 5 :-)

Hello everyone,

i just booked this morning this cruise. This will be our 11th Disney cruise. We are a family of 4 from Candiac in Quebec,Canada. First time on the Fantasy.

Me ( Josee ), DH, DD (12), DS (9 ).

Stateroom 9620

Yes for fish extender :-)

j.barbeau@d2technologie.com is our email address.

2nd seating.

I saw a Facebook group. I did the request. If some want`s to see pictures from the Dream, i have some on FB under `` Relache 2012, Disney Dream ``

Am i forgetting something ... ??? Let me know !

Cant wait ... See you soon !

Josee.
Paul Gauguin cruise October 2012 _*Tahiti Fiji*//Disney Dream, B2B ,February/March 2012_ Bahamas // Disney Dream **Feb 27th 2011** // Disney Dream **March 3rd 2011- B2B** // RCI Oasis of the seas** Eastern St-Marteen **Feb 2010 // RCI Navigator of the seas** 4 nights Cozumel Jan 2010 // Disney Wonder **3 nights** December 2009 // Disney Magic ** Eastern St-Croix ** Feb 2009 // RCI Navigator of the seas**Mediterranean Barcelona ** Oct 2008 // Disney Magic ** Western Cozumel ** Feb 2008 // Disney Wonder ** 3 nights ** Jan 2006 // Disney Magic ** Eastern St-Marteen ** Jan 2004// Disney Magic ** 4 nights ** Jan 2003
barbeaujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #66
palloma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeaujo View Post
Hello everyone,

i just booked this morning this cruise. This will be our 11th Disney cruise. We are a family of 4 from Candiac in Quebec,Canada. First time on the Fantasy.

Stateroom 9620

2nd seating.

I saw a Facebook group. I did the request. If some want`s to see pictures from the Dream, i have some on FB under `` Relache 2012, Disney Dream ``

Josee.

wow 11 disney cruises... kids must looooove it! lucky them and you!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #67
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Stateroom 9620

2nd seating.

Josee.
Welcome/Bienvenue Josée & Family.

I have added your information to the roll call. WOW 11th Cruise!!! That is so awesome

Lots of Canadian folks on this cruise!! lol
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #68
barbeaujo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue View Post
Welcome/Bienvenue Josée & Family.

I have added your information to the roll call. WOW 11th Cruise!!! That is so awesome

Lots of Canadian folks on this cruise!! lol
Thank god for school break :-) We are so excited to finally have the platinum perks. It was hard work but we made it
Paul Gauguin cruise October 2012 _*Tahiti Fiji*//Disney Dream, B2B ,February/March 2012_ Bahamas // Disney Dream **Feb 27th 2011** // Disney Dream **March 3rd 2011- B2B** // RCI Oasis of the seas** Eastern St-Marteen **Feb 2010 // RCI Navigator of the seas** 4 nights Cozumel Jan 2010 // Disney Wonder **3 nights** December 2009 // Disney Magic ** Eastern St-Croix ** Feb 2009 // RCI Navigator of the seas**Mediterranean Barcelona ** Oct 2008 // Disney Magic ** Western Cozumel ** Feb 2008 // Disney Wonder ** 3 nights ** Jan 2006 // Disney Magic ** Eastern St-Marteen ** Jan 2004// Disney Magic ** 4 nights ** Jan 2003
Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #69
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank god for school break :-) We are so excited to finally have the platinum perks. It was hard work but we made it
Yay for spring break. We always do vacations in September this year is the first time we do spring break.

What does Platinum give you extra? I assume early booking?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #70
barbeaujo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue View Post
Yay for spring break. We always do vacations in September this year is the first time we do spring break.

What does Platinum give you extra? I assume early booking?
it gives us : $350 OBC , free diner at palo, able to make reservation at 120 days from cruise instead of 90, and some special perks that are not written down because they vary per cruise ( special tour of the ship, captain meet`n greet, special in room gift, etc )
Old 02-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #71
barbeaujo
Earning My Ears

Fish extender ?

Anyone interested in doing Fish Extender ?

If so, could we say from the start at what number we would stop and create a new group ? I personally think that an amount of stateroom below 15 is perfect.

Otherwise it takes sooo much space in our luggage to bring it all. My opinion. Let me know. Last we have done it took us one carry on suitcase JUST for the FE gifts.

By knowing in advance, we can prepare ahead and look at for good deals at various store throughout the year. We have so much fun preparing those.

Let me know,

Josee
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #72
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
it gives us : $350 OBC , free diner at palo, able to make reservation at 120 days from cruise instead of 90, and some special perks that are not written down because they vary per cruise ( special tour of the ship, captain meet`n greet, special in room gift, etc )
That's pretty good!

Quote:
Anyone interested in doing Fish Extender ?

If so, could we say from the start at what number we would stop and create a new group ? I personally think that an amount of stateroom below 15 is perfect.

Otherwise it takes sooo much space in our luggage to bring it all. My opinion. Let me know. Last we have done it took us one carry on suitcase JUST for the FE gifts.

By knowing in advance, we can prepare ahead and look at for good deals at various store throughout the year. We have so much fun preparing those.

Let me know,

Josee
Yes I didn't get it going yet. Last time I cruised someone created a google spreadsheet that listed all the information, it was useful. I will put a link to the spreadsheet in the first post. I also wrote that anyone who wants to participate can message me in private with the info and I will compile the list

As for the number, I think we had a max of 25-30 cabins last time. We could set a max and a deadline and for all those who add on after this deadline we can create another list for the extra names & the people who choose to do both list, I will add them to both lists.

What do you all think?

Here is the started spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing

Last edited by yayasue; 02-07-2013 at 10:00 PM.
yayasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 AM   #73
tmasimmons
Earning My Ears

We just changed from 10/2014 to this cruise! Still a year away, but closer. This will be our 2nd cruise, both with DCL. We will be escaping Mardi Gras madness. (yep- from New Orleans)
I'm Tuesday, DH Michael, DD April will be 14, and DS Thomas will be 12
I've not had a chance to play with our stateroom number yet, but will let you know when I have it. I tried to add us to the fish extender, but it didn't allow me to do so. I also like the idea of 15 staterooms per group. We will probably do the late seating again.

Our last cruise went to the same ports so we're going to get to do the things we didn't do last time. (We booked on our own and were able to do things at half the DCL price)

Sure hope the next year just flys by! Our last group did a T-shirt for boarding day and it was nice to see others with the same shirt. Interested? (ours was a iron on added to any red shirt)
tmasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #74
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasimmons View Post
We just changed from 10/2014 to this cruise! Still a year away, but closer. This will be our 2nd cruise, both with DCL. We will be escaping Mardi Gras madness. (yep- from New Orleans)
I've not had a chance to play with our stateroom number yet, but will let you know when I have it. I tried to add us to the fish extender, but it didn't allow me to do so. I also like the idea of 15 staterooms per group. We will probably do the late seating again.

Our last cruise went to the same ports so we're going to get to do the things we didn't do last time. (We booked on our own and were able to do things at half the DCL price)

Sure hope the next year just flys by! Our last group did a T-shirt for boarding day and it was nice to see others with the same shirt. Interested? (ours was a iron on added to any red shirt)

Welcome aboard! I will add your info to the roll call

Please message me your FE info and I will update the google doc. Depending on how many families we have we can go from there.

I'm up for shirts.. I am no good in design.. Any designers in here.. Perhaps that can create a logo for us?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #75
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasimmons View Post

Welcome aboard! I think T-shirts are a good idea, not sure if all three DD's would want to look the same .

I am curious what excursions you did when you cruised the same itinerary. We would potentially book directly to avoid the DCL uplift, however the short stays at GC and Costa Maya have me a little concerned about booking outside of DCL.
We also thought the Amazing Race excursion (offered through CCL/NCL/RC) in Cozumel looks interesting, lots of great tripadvisor reviews. But without any Carnival, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean ships in port that day I wonder if the operator would offer the excursion due to low participation.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
05/08/2011 4-Night Bahamian - Carnival
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: