Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #31
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
That a good news. Will, how is your son, I read your post late last night but lost it today to reply.
He is much better, thanks! He had the last three days of the trip to participate and he felt good enough to do it. We just got home.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #32
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
He is much better, thanks! He had the last three days of the trip to participate and he felt good enough to do it. We just got home.
Glad to hear it!

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #33
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLee View Post
I asked to speak to a manager, but the CM went to the back to speak with him and returned saying the same thing. I was politely persistent and insisted that I should have been given the current gate price. After what seemed like forever, he returned again and said that they would grant a one-time exception and give me the current gate price.

We have had no problems in the past doing this and I am anxious again because I have other unused discounted tickets that I will probably need to upgrade in the future.
Feel free to continue to upgrade the other tickets at various dates in the future and to count on Disney each time granting you a (another) one time exception (each time they may call it something different) until such time as Disney publishes a change in upgrade policies and procedures so as to limit bridging of tickets.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 12-09-2012 at 09:42 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #34
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Does anyone know if this tends to be more of an issue when upgrading from UT or is it just as likely to be a potential problem when upgrading MYW tix bought directly from Disney?
We had a 10 day park hopper ticket last year and a few days into the trip, decided to upgrade to an AP and the CM we first talked to at MK gave us brief and quote more then we had worked out. We spoke to a manager and got it sorted out quickly so it's not just tickets bought from an outside source. Now we just buy AP's straight out.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
iradi8
Mouseketeer

I am going to call in the morning. I hope they will fix the pricing error and the error with the expiration dates.

I had to upgrade to APs when I did. I didn't have a choice to go somewhere else or wait until another day. Unfortunately, all four of us got sick in succession on this trip. We decided to go back in the spring to make up for it, which is why we decided to upgrade rather than lose all of the unused days (due to illness) on our tickets.

The night before we left my daughter and I went to Epcot at 7:30 PM. We left my husband back at the RV with my sick son. I waited in line for almost half an hour at Guest Services. The CM that helped me kept insisting that her pricing was correct and because I bought a discounted ticket that I was going to lose money. She was very loud and wouldn't budge. If it hadn't been the last night we were there, I would have declined the upgrade and gone somewhere else to do it. I just didn't have a choice but to do it right there even though I knew it was very wrong

"The best way to make children good is to make them happy."
- Oscar Wilde

FW many times as a child; 12/03 FW; 3/05 WL; 4/05 AKL; 10/05 WL; 1/06 CR; 2/06 CBR; 10/06 FW; 2/07 POR; 4/07 FW; 7/07 FW; 09/07 FW; 09/08 FW; 1/09 FW; 05/09 FW; 09/09 FW; 12/10 FW; 2/11 PC; 9/11 FW; 11/12 FW; 5/13 FW
iradi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
From personal experience, and from other threads I've read over the last few months, this can happen with tix bought directly from Disney. In my case I bought a room/ticket/dining package and needed to upgrade to an AP. When I went to DHS to do the upgrade the CM said that my tickets had been discounted. I thought it odd at the time since I purchased them from Disney, but I have seen similar comments from other posters upgrading package tickets to an AP. The transaction cost a few more dollars than I had calculated so the price was not bridged. The difference was so small, less than $10 as I recall, so I didn't feel like arguing the point with them. Truthfully, I was far more concerned my dining credits were going to get messed up in the transaction. I went ahead with the transaction and my dining credits survived!

I imagine if you have any sort of ticket that the system says was purchased at a price other than current gate price, you can have issues. As another poster said, best to simply ask for your tickets back and try the transaction elsewhere or with another CM in the same location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
We had a 10 day park hopper ticket last year and a few days into the trip, decided to upgrade to an AP and the CM we first talked to at MK gave us brief and quote more then we had worked out. We spoke to a manager and got it sorted out quickly so it's not just tickets bought from an outside source. Now we just buy AP's straight out.
Thanks for the feedback. I seriously hope I don't run into this problem, but I guess I should at least try and save a few bucks by going through UT instead of buying from Disney directly since it can happen anyway *sigh*.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I seriously hope I don't run into this problem, but I guess I should at least try and save a few bucks by going through UT instead of buying from Disney directly since it can happen anyway *sigh*.
Honestly, unless you have a big family and saving adds up, I would not do it, JMO, but I would not want waste my time on solving possible problems.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #38
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Since the problem is at the ticket CM level, it won't matter WHERE you buy your tickets if your intent is to not encounter mistakes.

Also, there IS a new rule (within the past 6 months) that states that if you DO buy your tickets directly at Disney World (at the gates, DTD, or by mail) those tickets will NOT be price-bridged, even if there is a ticket price increase during the time you intend to use and upgrade them.

Makes more sense to buy the tickets from an official authorized Disney ticket reseller.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Also, there IS a new rule (within the past 6 months) that states that if you DO buy your tickets directly at Disney World (at the gates, DTD, or by mail) those tickets will NOT be price-bridged, even if there is a ticket price increase during the time you intend to use and upgrade them.
Though most all of us have heard this before, probably worth repeating that this recent restriction does not apply to tickets that come as part of a Disney package. Although to the outsider those tickets were bought directly from "Disney", the internal accounting is that the "Disney Travel Company" buys them from the "WDW Company" (at least I think that's what it's still called) and then sells them to guests who purchase packages.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #40
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Just got back and knew about the issue with some CMs bridging incorrectly. I first tried at the International Gateway at Epcot and was told an amount that I knew was double what it should have been. I had 6 more days to find a CM who knew how to do it so I did not argue, but made the mention that this is a known issue discussed on the internet [yes, being passive-aggressive]. The CM actually got indignant with me and said if the lady next to her said it couldn't be done, it couldn't be done.

The next day I tried again at HS. There were 2 CMs training another CM. Initially, I was told the incorrect amount and stood there for a minute deciding if I wanted to push it. But, then one of the CMs pointed at something on the screen and they recoded it and it then brought up the correct amount. I thanked them for figuring it out correctly as it had been a consistent issue with the CMs.

The mean-girl in me wanted to go back to the Epcot CM and show her that it could be done.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #41
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Upgraded to DVC PAP yesterday when leaving park at Transportation Centre. First quoted $178 for upgrade from my 7 day base ticket. I knew that was wrong. Told her it should be about $117 with taxes. She went in the back to her supervisor, came out moments later and ended up creating a second 7day base ticket to use in the transaction. She then scanned THAT ticket into the computer and used IT to bridge to a PAP. While doing so, she said "how much did you pay for this ticket anyway??"... I just said, "I dont know, my husband bought it". It took an extra 5 minutes tops... But in the end, my upgraded ticket costed the expected amount.
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #42
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

The CMs seem more concerned with "where did you buy it" and "how much did you pay for it", than they are concerned with doing their jobs correctly!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #43
Twinkbelle
Mouseketeer

I had some issues with trying to upgrade to an AP last year. My final day was NYE and I was in MK. The line for guest relations was v.long. And they had a CM standing outside trying to re-direct people to come back later. When I explained what I wanted to do the CM was insistant that I could be upgraded over the phone and I should call when I get home.

I said I've looked online and I'm pretty sure this has to be done in the parks, and I don't mind waiting. But they wouldn't let it go and pretty much forced me out of the line. Saying as an exception they will handle your request over the phone at this time of year when the parks are just too busy to cope.

I reluctantly walked away. I rang Disney from home a couple of days later and explained the situation. The CM I spoke to over the phone said I was misinformed at MK and there was nothing that they could do for me I asked to speak to their manager and was told the same thing again. They apologised for the poor communication, but that didn't get me an AP.

So it seems to me like my issue, and all the other ones about pricing are showing that there is a gap in staff training that needs to be filled with a proper policy about upgrades that all CMs in every location follow.
Twinkbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #44
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkbelle View Post
I had some issues with trying to upgrade to an AP last year. My final day was NYE and I was in MK. The line for guest relations was v.long. And they had a CM standing outside trying to re-direct people to come back later. When I explained what I wanted to do the CM was insistant that I could be upgraded over the phone and I should call when I get home.

I said I've looked online and I'm pretty sure this has to be done in the parks, and I don't mind waiting. But they wouldn't let it go and pretty much forced me out of the line. Saying as an exception they will handle your request over the phone at this time of year when the parks are just too busy to cope.

I reluctantly walked away. I rang Disney from home a couple of days later and explained the situation. The CM I spoke to over the phone said I was misinformed at MK and there was nothing that they could do for me I asked to speak to their manager and was told the same thing again. They apologised for the poor communication, but that didn't get me an AP.

So it seems to me like my issue, and all the other ones about pricing are showing that there is a gap in staff training that needs to be filled with a proper policy about upgrades that all CMs in every location follow.
This is the most depressing "upgrade" story that I've read here in awhile.

This is a classic example of "the CM made up a story" and it cost you your AP, entirely!

Personally, I would not give up.
It might take some time, but I'd keep contacting Disney Guest Relations with your tale until you find a helpful person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The number for ticketing Guest Services which may be released to the public is 407-566-4985. Their hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday Through Friday (except holidays). One of the things they do is research tickets.
=AND=

eMail-

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Snail Mail-

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Last edited by Robo; 12-10-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #45
DisneyRunnerChick
Princess of the Sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkbelle

I agree! The policies need to be better understood by all CMs and consistency would be nice!

We had a similar incident that could have resulted in our not getting our passes. There were a couple dining points left on our KTTW card, and the CM told us we couldn't upgrade till we used them all and we could just do it back at the resort concierge. I knew this was wrong, but my DFi wouldn't believe me, so off we went, on our day and back to the hotel to wait on Magic Express. And, of course, they couldn't upgrade us there. Luckily, we hadn't used the tickets so we could save them for the next trip to upgrade (when previous post occurred). We were there on APs, but they were about to expire and we lost the renewal incentive -$90 total. We did gain an extra month, so maybe we can use it during that time to make up for the loss.

I hope a few more calls will help get your situation straightened out. Disney usually tries to make things right (though we have had a couple incidents...)

Me-; DFi-; DS-; DD-
Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2011, 2012; Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2011; Princess Half Marathon 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge 2012; ToT 2012; Wine and Dine Half 2012

Off property 2003; Off property 2004; PC March 2006; POR September 2010; ALSS January 2011; CS March 2011; POR October 2011; YC/PC January 2012; ALSS February 2012; AKL May 2012; POR September 2012; CB September 2012; AoA/ALSMusic November 2012; CSR January 2013

DisneyRunnerChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: