Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Or, the same park at a different day or time.

It has to do with which CM's happen to be on duty when you're there.

It simply can vary all the time and throughout the year as schedules (and CM experience levels) change.
Don't DTD CMs usually do it right? I do not remember bad reports about DTD location.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Don't DTD CMs usually do it right? I do not remember bad reports about DTD location.
No personal memory of bad reports from a particular location does not mean the CMs there are flawless either. I imagine CMs rotate from location to location anyway.

I agree with Robo--this is completely CM-dependent and how well each is trained.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
To single out one location as "better" or "worse" is to ignore the continual rotation of CM's at WDW.

They get transferred to other locations, new CM's (with varied experience levels, in ANY) can join the ranks at any time, any location.

The real point is that the GUEST, armed with the actual numbers and current correct procedures is the only way of knowing if the proper handling of the transaction is being done at any time, any location.

Posting any questions in that regard on this board, will net, within a day (maybe even an hour or less,) a set of knowledgeable responses from multiple posters.
If any info here is posted incorrectly, it will be quickly corrected by other posters.
That constant and quick "peer review" is the reassurance that the info here will be correct.

If a guest gets bad info from a CM, there is no way that they would know any differently, if they don't check here.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
To single out one location as "better" or "worse" is to ignore the continual rotation of CM's at WDW.

They get transferred to other locations, new CM's (with varied experience levels, in ANY) can join the ranks at any time, any location.

The real point is that the GUEST, armed with the actual numbers and current correct procedures is the only way of knowing if the proper handling of the transaction is being done at any time, any location.

Posting any questions in that regard on this board, will net, within a day (maybe even an hour or less,) a set of knowledgeable responses from multiple posters.
If any info here is posted incorrectly, it will be quickly corrected by other posters.
That constant and quick "peer review" is the reassurance that the info here will be correct.

If a guest gets bad info from a CM, there is no way that they would know any differently, if they don't check here.
I am not arguing being armed or rotation of CMs, it just seems for some reason that majority problems comes from MK location and no problems(as much as I remember) come from DTD location. Not that this warrants anything but maybe problem is with management at those locations. I am not sure if managers rotate as well.

HO HO HO
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
mesaboy2

Quote:
I am not arguing being armed or rotation of CMs, it just seems for some reason that majority problems comes from MK location and no problems(as much as I remember) come from DTD location. Not that this warrants anything but maybe problem is with management at those locations. I am not sure if managers rotate as well.
I expect they do. You are drawing a generalized conclusion from personal memory and anecdotal evidence.

More !

Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #21
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I expect they do.
Is this a fact?

HO HO HO
Old 12-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #22
mesaboy2

Quote:
Is this a fact?
Notice I used the word "expect".

Sorry folks, I'll take this offline if I have more to say.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
I expect they do.
As well as considering "days off" per week, , vacation schedules, single work days that can be up to 18+ hours at one park (multiple managers would be rotated in that one work day) and something as simple as meal breaks, can alter just who the manager may be at any one time.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Notice I used the word "expect".

Sorry folks, I'll take this offline if I have more to say.
I noticed, I was messing with you!

HO HO HO
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #25
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

We upgraded this week at MK Guest Relations and were charged correctly.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
We upgraded this week at MK Guest Relations and were charged correctly.
That a good news. Will, how is your son, I read your post late last night but lost it today to reply.

HO HO HO
Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #27
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Mike, is this number someplace to which we can refer a cast member who may not be fully trained on upgrading procedures?

It seems that these reports of difficulties with upgrading are becoming more frequent, and we may need to be well-prepared for the possibility that we may need outside assistance.

Thanks for any input here.
He may give you a different answer. The CM who upgraded my UT ticket to a PAP correctly told me she could see who had I had first talked to at DHS. There was a manager a foot or two behind her just said she had no idea why they didn't do it correctly but the two of them mentioned theywould make contact to make sure the CM understood in the future what should have happened. There is a possibility whoever you speak to in order to get yours resolved will see who you talked to. I assume the CM and manager weren't just blowing smoke.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #28
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It has to be CM's. I've had problems with DHS (1) and EPCOT (2). In all three cases, MK handled quickly and painlessly. I don't do transactions concerning tickets at DTD because we traditionally go there on the last day.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if this tends to be more of an issue when upgrading from UT or is it just as likely to be a potential problem when upgrading MYW tix bought directly from Disney? If it's mainly an authorized reseller problem, I may buy directly from Disney. While I understand that it's CM error, I just don't think I'd be the least bit happy having to deal with someone who didn't know what they were doing, having to try again later with someone else, etc.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Does anyone know if this tends to be more of an issue when upgrading from UT or is it just as likely to be a potential problem when upgrading MYW tix bought directly from Disney? If it's mainly an authorized reseller problem, I may buy directly from Disney. While I understand that it's CM error, I just don't think I'd be the least bit happy having to deal with someone who didn't know what they were doing, having to try again later with someone else, etc.
From personal experience, and from other threads I've read over the last few months, this can happen with tix bought directly from Disney. In my case I bought a room/ticket/dining package and needed to upgrade to an AP. When I went to DHS to do the upgrade the CM said that my tickets had been discounted. I thought it odd at the time since I purchased them from Disney, but I have seen similar comments from other posters upgrading package tickets to an AP. The transaction cost a few more dollars than I had calculated so the price was not bridged. The difference was so small, less than $10 as I recall, so I didn't feel like arguing the point with them. Truthfully, I was far more concerned my dining credits were going to get messed up in the transaction. I went ahead with the transaction and my dining credits survived!

I imagine if you have any sort of ticket that the system says was purchased at a price other than current gate price, you can have issues. As another poster said, best to simply ask for your tickets back and try the transaction elsewhere or with another CM in the same location.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: