Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #31
RandFamily
DIS Veteran

We usually buy DVC annual passes and go 3-4 times a year. We only stay about 4 days (long weekend) because it's too hard to get my adult kids and my schedules to line up for more than that. I'm aching for a week-long trip but it's not in the works yet...
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #32
rnin02
Earning My Ears

Pre-DS we were going once a year, anywhere from a week up to 10 days. this year is our first time back since 2007 and we are going for 8 days. I think that's a little too short but DH thinks with 4 yo DS it will be too long. ideal time for me would 10-14 days or so. plenty of park hopping time and down time.
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

I go once a year (I leave this Monday!) and stay normally for a week. I do spend a day or two though at Universal.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Our 2011 trip was for 8 days/7 nights. We are currently planning for 8 days/7 nights for the end of May 2013. I would like to stay for an additional night or two so that we can have a 9 or 10 day trip (we would also like to visit Sea World and a water park this time around); but it is hard to make a trip that long work out with the type of accommodations we need and with the flight schedules to keep the airline fare at a reasonable price. I am still working on it though, as this may be the last WDW trip we can take for another few years so a longer trip would be really nice. We are from Pennsylvania and DH says he refuses to drive that far, so overall it is a very pricey trip for our family of six with the cost of plane tickets and park tickets. So, our goal is to get our family to Disney every 2-3 years.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #35
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

since our first visit in 2005, we have been once a year, with this year and 2 years ago squeezing in extra trips too!

we usually stay for 14 nights,but one of the extras was 12 nights, and this year's was 15 nights.
next year we are staying for 17 nights- woohoo!
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
hawkeyesparks
Mouseketeer

we try to go every other year, and go for about 7 days.
2011: Boardwalk Villas
2013: Boardwalk Villas
2014: WL
hawkeyesparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #37
shalom
DIS Veteran

Our goal is every other year for a two week vacation (we drive, so really it's 10-11 days in Orlando). We try not to do the parks more than every other day (that's including SeaWorld and may eventually include Universal), but even staying offsite do something Disney nearly every day -- visit resorts or Downtown Disney or whatever.

When hubby retires (or, more likely, semi-retires), it'll be at least every year.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #38
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Solo - I usually go 5 days, 4 nights twice a year. That will have to end when my oldest hits college though - I'll need to put the money towards his college expenses instead.

This year (2012) I did one 6 day trip, one 5 day trip and just got back from a 2 day trip.

When the family goes it's usually 5 days every 3 years - my husband isn't a huge Disney fan. Once I got him to agree to a 7 day trip. I really enjoyed that one but by day 5 he and the kids were ready to leave.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #39
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

I try to go every year...or at least every other year. Beings I'm a teacher....I have limited times when to go. If we go during the summer we stay 6 nights. Next trip we're going after Thanksgiving into the first week of Dec. so we're only staying 5 nights. But I'll take the shorter trip and lower crowds over a longer tripped and insane crowds at Christmas!!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #40
50surgeries2012
Mouseketeer

My mom goes to an annual veterinary meeting in Orlando in January. If my husband and I are available. She gets great deals on airline tickets for us to go. The last time we were in Disney World was in April 2011 with two of our friends, and we had two firsts: It was our first time staying there for 10 days. When we would go with my mom. We'd stay for only 4 days.

It was also our first time staying at a timeshare resort. Our friend was able to get some credits through her timeshare for us to stay at Old Key West. I loved that place! When we go with my mom. We'd stay at one of the All-Star resort hotels. What I loved about Old Key West was that we didn't have to go spend money to eat at the parks all of the time. We ate at the resort every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner since we bought groceries on the first day we were there. It was wonderful. The only time we ate out was when we had breakfast reservations at the one place where all the Pooh characters come out to say hello. We also had dinner reservations one night at Boma.

Our friend is planning another trip to Disney World for 2013/2014, and my husband and I are sweet-talking her into taking us again because we'll get to stay at Old Key West again. We have almost enough money saved up for the trip.

Samantha
50surgeries2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #41
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

Once or twice a year and we try to go for at least 10 days. We've stayed as long as 30 days in the past.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #42
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdog View Post
How often do you go to Disney World? How often do you stay each trip? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I know my question isn't an attraction or strategy, but I didn't really know where to post this.)
We have been going every 12-13 months now for 2 years ( was 11 year between the last trip before that).. we went for 11 then 13 and the next trip will be 14 days.

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #43
KorieDWnut
Known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath

we used to always go for 5 days and this year we decided 5 was too short, so we stayed for 7.

For MY family, 7 was too long. My husband is not a planner, and I am. So we clashed quite a bit this trip.

I could handle 7-10 days if it was organized and planned. This last 7 days of just go with the flow was too much for me. I feel like we missed out on so much and by the end, I was just ready to go home.
Dont get me wrong, I still had a good time. but next time, we will either go with 5 days again, or I will leave DH at home.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #44
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

We say we will go every 2 years but the years we try to take off we end up going anyways.

So typically trips are every year 11 months apart to take advantage of DVC anual passes.

Travel is expensive so we want to get the most bang for the buck so our trips are 14 - 19 days.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #45
TTA Traveler
Earning My Ears

It seems that I go maybe once every couple years or so, where we stay at the Disney resorts for maybe 5 nights with 3 days at the park. I don't go as much as I want for as long as I want, but it's still a wonderful time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: