Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Dogsambam
Mouseketeer

Wonder inaugral Miami sailing Dec. 23, 2012

Being the inaugral sailing out of Miami and being the Christmas sailing, do people think the check in may be a complete disorganized mess? Also, does anyone think there will be a huge production in the port due to the first Disney sailing. From my understanding there are some billboards up about the Disney arrival, and the local news programs had something on last week about the arrival of Disney to Miami.
Dogsambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Is the ship sailing from an established port? I assume lots of other cruises have left from the same berth at the same terminal, and the cruise agents are experienced. Here's hoping.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

I do expect some confusion. I don't know if the CMs in the terminal will be used to the 'Disney way' or if it will be their first day too. I've read some reports of the Galviston first sailing and I think it was a little slower but not horrible. There was extra news coverage but I think they were just a little annoying, not really causing a delay.

Because the departing passengers have been on board for 2 weeks, I think they might have more than the average amount of luggage, so it will take longer for them to get through customs and just to shuttle them away. Few of them will have cars at the Port since they boarded in L.A. so lots of shuttles and taxis.

It wouldn't surprise me if boarding doesn't happen until noon or later. Hope I'm wrong!

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Just a warning about the guests getting off that first day in Miami, whenever the ship does a repo cruise it always takes longer for the ship to clear customs. It also will depend on whether or not the terminal's luggage area has enough room for everyone's luggage or not. If it doesn't then guests will have to wait to be let off the ship by character luggage tags since they will put each character's bags in the pickup area seperately -- like they do in Vancouver. In 2008 we did the EBPC repo to PC and we did not get off the ship until way after 9 a.m. We sat on deck 4 in the loungers while the kids hung out because it was wall-to-wall people in the atrium and down all of the hallways leading up to it.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: