Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
happy boy with a big cookie!
always love the interaction Anakin receives from the CM's!
love the photos with Santa and the Mrs!
great spot from Illuminations and no crowd either were you able to see the entire show?
The gingerbread cookies were nice and soft. I asked if they were hard because gingerbread typically is. The cm said it was soft and she was right, they were very good and soft.

If those people standing at the railing had moved down any further, we wouldn't have been able to see the globe. Dh could not see it as they blocked his view. But Anakin and I had a good view. We could only see a couple of the countries and could not see any of the water fountains. We had a pretty decent view of the fireworks. Some of it was blocked by the first aid building and some by trees, but for the most part we were very pleased with the view.

Quote:
what a fun party! happy the boys had fun together!
cute bag for your neice!
The boys would have liked to get together more. We did meet up with them one more time, then play practice and school got in our way of getting to a park. A week ago today, was our last visit to a park.

When she lived at home, her whole room was done up in NBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Kuddos yet again to the CM's. That is awesome how they got Anakin to come out from him hat. Love all the Star Wars talk and that it was Anakin's fav part of the day. Santa is PERFECT!! Did Anakin do ok with the fireworks? Great pics, by the way. Cool birthday party!
Awesome cm!

He did great with the fireworks until the grand finale. He and I both had a very odd sensation in our chest from the booms. I couldn't breath and neither could he. Not sure why. DH didn't experience any thing like we did. If we stay again, we will make sure we are walking away when that part comes.

All the pictures of the fireworks, Epcot and Disney Quest were taken on my Galaxy S II phone. The party picture was taken on my Nikkon.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love soft gingerbread cookies! guess that is a good place to stand if you don't want to be with the crowds!

you must be having withdrawls if its been over a week!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #33
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
love soft gingerbread cookies! guess that is a good place to stand if you don't want to be with the crowds!

you must be having withdrawls if its been over a week!
I haven't had time for withdrawals. Been busy with homeschooling, appointments, and Anakin's acting classes.

Thankfully he is far ahead in his schooling. We started in June. The review from the previous year is over and now he is learning new things. So it's slower going as he needs time to process the new material. Reading is still a struggle unless I give him a pencil and tell him to mark all the special sounds and vowels. Then he can read through the word with no problems. He just can't keep track of it all in his head. He is superb at spelling. I can say anyword, and as long as it follows the phonics rules he's learned, he can spell it accurately. My MIL was so impressed with how he could spell any word she said.

Our appointments are over for the week! Yay!

Last night, they ran through the play 3 times. Anakin was so excited to do the run throughs and so exhausted afterwards. He fell asleep on the way home from play practice.

None of our family is able to come, but there are a couple cm who are coming and one who might come. Hurray for Disney family. The woman in charge of his special needs church is coming and some of the helpers may come as well. A few of dh's customers from work are coming too.

I tried not to watch the play. With all this practice and waiting at appointments, I have finished seven R2-D2 hats. When I posted the picture on my facebook, some friends asked if I could make them for Christmas for them. I didn't think I could whip them up so fast, but the last one took me two play practices and the dentist appointment, about 7 hours.

I did watch one of the run throughs last night. I am going to have to bring kleenex. I have never seen such determination and drive. I call them kids, but many of the actors with unique abilities are my age, some even older. They all knew their lines, said them with pride and determination. Their buddies did a great job of getting them to their marks and promting them when it was their turn. And they do it in such a way that the audience doesn't even notice their leading and prompting. It's so well blended together!

Also this week has been filled with fundraising for the troupe. This group runs solely on donations and volunteers. The community is instrumental on keeping this group going. Over the last 6 months the troupe has grown from 17 actors with unique abilities to 26, and 17 volunteers! It's so touching seeing many who hadn't found a purpose in their lives, find it on the stage. They are an amazing group of individuals.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #34
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Monday

This was another unusual day. Monday, Anakin had a two hour showcase practice for his homeschool theater group. We knew we had to be there in the early afternoon, other than that we had no plans.

We found out that JJ's new friend would be spending the day at the MK, so we figured that's where we'd end up at some point in the day.

Anakin did not wake up until late morning. Got him bathed and dressed and headed back home. We were going to stop to eat along the way, but we had all that turkey from Thanksgiving going to waste in the refrigerator at home. So we ended up back home having leftovers.

At the theater, he got his script. The other kids got their's Thanksgiving week, but after being told there was no practice an email went out that there was, but I didn't get the email until after the fact. Thankfully his lines were easy to remember. They had made his character as the comic relief. He was very funny, but didn't understand that they were not laughing at him. He felt very insulted. I was in another room, so I had no idea what was going through his head until after. When I told him he was making people happy and that's why they were laughing.

He had developed the character before the script was made. All the kids developed their own character, the plot, conflict and conclusion. The instructor took all those individual assignments and helped them put it together to write a script.

When showcase practice was over, we headed back to the resort. Mousekeeping had done a fabulous job with the room, giving us extra towels for the pool and extra face cloths. even some kind of towel animal.

It was soon dinner time. Earl of Sandwich sounded good to all of us since we didn't get there yesterday. The Christmas tree outside the restaurant was different this year. In the past it had always been themed for Once Upon a Toy. This year it was pretty in blue.

Speaking of trees, I didn't take any pictures of Pop Century's tree, but I did take a picture of Art of Animation's tree the day before.

We had our usual at EoS, tuna melts for dh and I, and pizza sandwich for Anakin. I didn't take any pictures of our food.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #35
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

After EoS we went back to the resort. Anakin wanted to play with the McQueen car he got the day before. The one that works with a flashlight. He played with it for a few seconds and it stopped working. It didn't take us long to discover that this toy sucks up the battery fast. 15 minutes is all the play time that he gets out of all the batteries the toy takes. Maybe that's why the toy was on the reduced price rack? It was a $50 toy marked down to $25.

Since his friend was at the MK, he wanted to go there. Dh and I wanted to see Wishes, so that worked out well to go there. We took our car over to the TTC and were so happy when we got parked up near the front. We got him in his chair and headed off to the monorail. This evening was an EMH MK night. So we had plenty of time even though the park closed early. We knew the ferry was our only choice back to the TTC. There was nobody in front of us as we entered the monorail line. As luck would have it, they closed down the Express Monorail to take a train off the track and we were sent over to the resort monorail. We have discovered that the amount of time it takes to take a train off the track is the same amount of time it takes to get to the MK on the resort monorail.

The cm here was very testy. When I filled out the resort survey sent via email, I did write about our experience here. She was downright rude to us. We asked nicely for a ramp. She looked at us like we were from another planet and asked if we really need a ramp. Dh and I both felt offended. He kept his mouth shut because if he had opened it, he would have offered his two cents but he didn't want to upset Anakin. I said nicely that yes, we did need a ramp, the w/c is pretty heavy and his weight adds even more to it. Dh was ticked at me that I justified our need for the ramp. The cm checked both areas where the ramp should be and it wasn't there. Again she asked if we really needed it. We didn't say a word and just stood there. She huffed off to the express monorail side and got a ramp. All the while, people were piling in "our" car leaving very little room to get him inside or us. She also did not push whatever light needs to be pushed to say that we need a ramp upon exiting.

Our first stop was the Poly. A couple people got out of our car here, but were quickly replaced with more people. Next was the Grand Floridian. Two more people crammed into our car. The final stop was the MK. The Epress Monorail was already unloading people before our doors on the Resort Monorail ever opened. Everyone piled out and I had to flag someone to bring a ramp. I just stood outside of the car waiting. Even though there were plenty of cm, only one person was getting ramps for each car. We were the last car he got to.

We checked our phones. The time it took to go from our parked car to arrive at the MK was an hour and a half! The people in front of us at bag check were late for their ADR at BoG. They didn't even know where to go, so I helped them by explaining where the check-in for the restaurant was and the quickest way to get there. They were very thankful and helping them got my mind off of how frazzled I was with the monorail experience.

What are our chances? As we got through bag check, there was Onetreehill's dh right smack in front of us! He was heading out of the park to get the tripod. He gave us the heads up that his family was at Pirates. As soon as we got near the attraction, Anakin began calling for his friend. I texted that we were at Pirates looking for them. Got a text back that they were getting popcorn. We found them over by the magic carpets, and rode with them. Then rode jungle cruise. My pictures got terrible.

We parted ways as they headed off to Casey's Corner for dinner and we headed to Fantasyland to watch fireworks at "my spot". My spot is over by the Pinocchio Haus and where Dumbo use to be. In the past, very few people ever watched here. This night was particularly busy here.

I love how fireworks explode all around at this location. I wasn't sure how Anakin was going to take it. He donned his earphones and sunglasses. But there were squeals of excitement and awe as he watched. With the New Fantasyland, I loved how my the Beast's castle showed up in the pictures! Again, these were taken with my phone. This time I had my Nikon, but the battery was low.

Last edited by lovethattink; 12-12-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
mommy2mrb

I must say reading your comments about the show and all the kids and helpers touched my heart! so happy Anakin is a part of this great group can't wait to hear all about it! wish him luck from us!

wow what a rude CM...you have much more restraint then I would of had! so uncalled for, happy you wrote her up!

fireworks photos look great!
such pretty trees at DTD & AoA!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #37
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I must say reading your comments about the show and all the kids and helpers touched my heart! so happy Anakin is a part of this great group can't wait to hear all about it! wish him luck from us!

wow what a rude CM...you have much more restraint then I would of had! so uncalled for, happy you wrote her up!

fireworks photos look great!
such pretty trees at DTD & AoA!
Glad they touched your heart. In the beginning, I shadowed Anakin to make sure he understood what he was doing. By a month into it, he was fine on his own and knew to wait for me before he left. Twice I found him outside because he followed adults out of the theater thinking they were going to the next activity and not realizing it was over. Hate that feeling in my stomach when I realized he left the building without me. My biggest worry is after the show, will he know to find us. I am in charge of refreshments so he'll need to either come to me there or I have to hope that dh and ds get to him first. I really hope a volunteer stays with him until he is with one of us.

Hopefully Sunday after church we will get back to see more decorations at Disney.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #38
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

After the fireworks, Anakin ended up making friends with two children. While they played. I took pictures of the castle.

I really need to learn how to center my object. It's a bit lopsided, but it was a beautiful sight!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #39
mommy2mrb

yay for more disney friends
I love your photo of the castle!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #40
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Love the AOA tree - I'm usually not a fan of white trees but the color of the ornaments make the tree! You did very well containing yourself with the CM on the monorail. That had to be extremely frustrating.

Almost play time! Anakin ready for his big night? The theater company sounds amazing. It is truely touching what they do so that the actors can participate and have their talents shine.

Castle photos are amazing!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #41
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yay for more disney friends
I love your photo of the castle!!!
Thanks! I love carousel horses. So the ice castle and the carousel is one of my favorite pictures. I hope we get there again before the decorations go down so I can try another picture better centered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Love the AOA tree - I'm usually not a fan of white trees but the color of the ornaments make the tree! You did very well containing yourself with the CM on the monorail. That had to be extremely frustrating.

Almost play time! Anakin ready for his big night? The theater company sounds amazing. It is truely touching what they do so that the actors can participate and have their talents shine.

Castle photos are amazing!!!
I usually don't care for white trees either, but I loved theirs too.

He is sick this morning. Not sure if it's just stage jitters or if he has the flu. He had us up before the roosters crowed with a sick belly. Practice was very long last night.

The theater troupe is awesome. Hopefully tonight they will get enough donations to stay active the rest of this year!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #42
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Now we are at Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It's check out day. For breakfast we ate leftovers in the refrigerator. I decided we were going to Epcot to see the storytellers. I told Anakin this would be counted as a field trip. He was thrilled!

Before we left the room, I checked out Kennythepirate's blog to see the times of the story tellers. I wrote them down and stuck that piece of paper in my pocket.

We arrived at China just as the story teller was coming out. Anakin was so excited and the story teller noticed his excitement. Immediately Anakin was drawn into the story. He hung on every word and answered any questions that were thrown his way. This first story about enlightenment was his favorite of the day. When it was time for a photo opportunity he didn't hesitate to get in line.

There was some Jedi talk, as the Monkey King said he never met a Jedi before.

The next stop was the American Pavillon. We past by Prost! Which is a new holiday refreshment stand.

Also passed by the popcorn stand, that now is selling Perry snacks and lunch boxes.

Stopped for a game of Tic Tac Toe

Another stop to watch the Fife and Drum group.

Kwazaa was our next storyteller stop.

Again, Anakin was sucked into the story. He participated with such excitement that it fed the few other viewers into it as well. He enjoyed the M&G afterwards, and the story teller commented on what a lovely voice he has when he sang along with her.

Inside the American Pavillon we watched the Voices of Liberty sing, then went over to the story teller.

It was only the three of us and another couple at this story telling. She was very engaging and once again, Anakin was immersed in the story.

The other couple left and Anakin asked a million and one questions, then got to play the dreidel game with her.

He really liked Danielle's story and Danielle. But the Monkey King in China was still his favorite. This one was 2nd.

Italy was our next stop. Before the show we watched this act. Anakin was thrilled that he got to throw a ball during the show.

Continued...

Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Storytellers continued...

Now it was time for the story teller. Once again he was fully immersed into the story, answered any questions asked. He was really enjoying his field trip.

When it was picture time, the storyteller remarked that it was nice to meet a jedi. He answered back that it was his pleasure to meet a witch for the first time.

We were hungry. We decided to back track back to the American Pavillon to eat lunch.

I ordered chili cheese fries, dh got a burger, and ds got grilled chicken. For dessert, we went over to the gingerbread house.

It was close to 2pm. People were already in the stand-by line for Neil Patrick Harris narrating the processional.

Germany was our next storyteller stop. We got there too early, so we started watching the glass blower. Anakin just loved watching and the glass blower explained to him everything he was doing. Anakin's excitement began to draw a crowd. He asked him what colors he thought he should use. Anakin watched as he made "his" ornament. The window quickly filled with spectactators and the glass blower began to take special requests. We didn't buy Anakin's ornament, because it would take time and we "needed" something right now. So Anakin picked out a very pretty Mickey shaped ornament. We had it engraved.

Storytelling time.

Next up...Norway...Anakin spills the beans, the secret is out.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #44
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Hoping your little actor is resting well and will be able for his performance tonight!!!

Great overview of the storytellers. They are fantastic! Enjoyed reading the plaques from each country with their traditions. The gingerbread recipe was a hoot! I can't imagine making something that large.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #45
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here; I'll be back later to catch up.

I've also started mine. Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033112

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: