Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #151
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry the gorilla's scare JJ....
just post it here, we need to know what you did

Maybe I'll post a continuous TR of our Monday and weekend musings inside my PTR for SWW? We have been having fun with the Year of the Ear and Limited Time Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up!

It looks like you had a wonderful lunch at RC! Great service, early seating, and a new mug! I love the "smoulder" picture lol

Great picture with your son talking to that CM. What a sweet moment. It is really great that he is able to talk about all of the stuff he loves while on vacation, with someone who is interested. Disney is the best!

It is also amazing that he got to enjoy It's Tough to be a Bug! The CMs there sound great, making him feel better about it, and staying in his chair is a good way to enjoy the show without all of those extra sensory things like sprays and the bugs on the seats.
Yes, we had a great lunch. I look forward to going back again some day.

It's really great when cm are able to take the time out and go further explaining about the animals. There are so many hidden gems all throughout Disney. Most cm are more than willing to share their knowledge of the parks. He asked JJ if he reads all the time because he seems so knowlegdable. JJ told him that he is re-learning how to read. So maybe one day he will read about animals. He told him he watches alot of nature and science channels on tv, and Mom and Dad read to him alot.

We were shocked that he was willing to try the show. The cm helped put him at ease. We have met some truely wonderful cm over the years. They see what has worked for other guests and offer tips and advice that may work for him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Loved your AK day! So glad Anakin enjoyed It's Tough to Be a Bug. Yikes on the crazy lady in the scooter - very dangerous. Glad he enjoyed the coasters but not good that they didn't like him later on. Maybe next year that will improve! The pics were great and you could tell he really was enjoying the rides!

Thanks for all the Christmas photos and stories! Having not been at Christmas it gave me good insight into what is offered and available to see. Thinking we may need to head down this year after Thanksgiving since DH can't go with me in Feb. I think it could be a nice treat for him after months of recup.
For a moment, I really thought she was going to take out me and the cm. Dh thought so too.

I'm hopeful that things will continue to improve. Heck, last year at this time we couldn't drive at night, watch fireworks, etc. I'm so thankful for his "new" pediatric epileptologist. Finding that right mix of medicine helped. Also, having us get rid of all our old tvs and getting new ones helped too. Who knew there was more flashing in those old sets than new ones.

You will not be disappointed if you head down after Thanksgiving. I'm so sorry your husband won't make the business trip here in Feb. I hope you got some good news about the surgery and insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love him

It's a great excuse to plan another trip.. I just need money and someone to come with me
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #152
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful way to wrap up a trip report! Well, except for the way Anakin felt after Primevil Whirl.

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back up. Yay for getting into Rainforest Cafe even though you were really early.

It has always seemed to me that the castmembers at the Animal Kingdom park are some of the friendliest and most knowledgable. They really know their stuff. Or maybe I don't know my stuff and they are just fooling me.

I've always heard that peacocks were tough customers. My aunt used to have a goose that would chase you every time you cut through her back yard. Scared me to death!

I hated to see that the netting is still up around the Tree of Life trails. I wonder if they will ever take it down or if it's a permanent thing now. I sure hope not.

You tell Anakin that I am extremely proud of him for going to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. That's so wonderful!

Hum....what that all I wanted to comment on? Guess so since I can't remember anything else.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #153
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a wonderful way to wrap up a trip report! Well, except for the way Anakin felt after Primevil Whirl.

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me back up. Yay for getting into Rainforest Cafe even though you were really early.

It has always seemed to me that the castmembers at the Animal Kingdom park are some of the friendliest and most knowledgable. They really know their stuff. Or maybe I don't know my stuff and they are just fooling me.

I've always heard that peacocks were tough customers. My aunt used to have a goose that would chase you every time you cut through her back yard. Scared me to death!

I hated to see that the netting is still up around the Tree of Life trails. I wonder if they will ever take it down or if it's a permanent thing now. I sure hope not.

You tell Anakin that I am extremely proud of him for going to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. That's so wonderful!

Hum....what that all I wanted to comment on? Guess so since I can't remember anything else.
I'm guessing it's permanent. Sorry.

All that's needed is JJ in his typical Phinneas and Ferb fashion to say it was the best Christmas season EVER!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #154
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

forgot to ask about the netting on the Tree of Life...did they say why its there? thankful I got good photos of it when I did!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #155
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
forgot to ask about the netting on the Tree of Life...did they say why its there? thankful I got good photos of it when I did!

I wondered about that myself.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #156
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I wondered about that myself.
A while ago during a strong wind, may have been from Debbie, a piece of the "tree" fell to the ground.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #157
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
A while ago during a strong wind, may have been from Debbie, a piece of the "tree" fell to the ground.

That makes sense.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #159
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:

I understand it completely. Someone could seriously be hurt.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #160
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
oh ....hope they can fix it...such a shame people can't see all the beautiful details of the tree

Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #161
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I understand the safety aspect. It's just sad because aesthetically it is not very appealing. You can no longer see the magnificant carvings of much of the tree.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #162
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh ....hope they can fix it...such a shame people can't see all the beautiful details of the tree
Great minds think alike.

You cannot see squat between the heavy beams and the netting.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #163
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I read all of the updates yesterday at the MD; however, couldn't post. I LOVE all of the pics and the fact you get to enjoy such special times at Disney...that WILL be us someday!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #164
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I read all of the updates yesterday at the MD; however, couldn't post. I LOVE all of the pics and the fact you get to enjoy such special times at Disney...that WILL be us someday!
I completely understand and that's how I usually read too. But for me it's at his 6am meds because I can't fall back to sleep. So I grab my phone and lurk.

I can't wait until your day comes! Somedays it's just what the doctor ordered.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #165
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

and just a few

over here to also say I am sorry for missing that you had this going.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: