Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #31
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
Where's the thread about people who stand in line for 15 minutes and then hem and haw when they get to the cashier?
Or who crowd up to the front so far after ordering that the people actually getting their food can't turn around and exit to make room for the next person picking up. It's like the "gate lice" at the airport.
MAGICFOR2 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #32
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer
 
BabsBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central New York
Posts: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Or who crowd up to the front so far after ordering that the people actually getting their food can't turn around and exit to make room for the next person picking up. It's like the "gate lice" at the airport.
"gate lice" -- I'm stealing that one.

Seriously though. What the heck are these people doing in line all that time? No reason you shouldn't have your room card/cc/cash ready to pay either.
__________________
Disney -- We have a love/hate thing. It's complicated.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
There is no more room to wait in line at BOG than any other CS. There are kiosk lines as well as CM lines, but the waiting for families is just as crowded.

But, you do not have to wait for a table, there are always some available - we ate there twice last week and this week.
Yes there is. TONS more room.
__________________
Go Duke!
freshmanjs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBTomorrow View Post
Anyone who has been to Be Our Guest at lunchtime can tell you that no matter how crowded the restaurant, you can always find a place to eat for your party. No more trolling around with your tray of food, trying to guilt someone who is finished into getting up for you. No more rushing for a table as soon as someone stands up.

The system WORKS: nobody is allowed to save tables due to the way the traffic flow of the restaurant is set up. This proves what many on the DIS have been saying for a long time, that saving tables is a bad idea, and waiting to sit until you have your food makes more tables available for everyone. Yippee!

To those who complain that they don't want their kids waiting in the line, all the kids were waiting in the line with their families and present at ordering when we were there on Sunday, and nobody appeared too upset about it.

I am happy, and hope all CS restaurants implement this policy during peak use.

(Ready for flames. I understand there's a lot of difference of opinion on this subject.)
Vindication? hardly. why start out with a provocative statement like that.

The BOG system is nice. It would be great if WDW had more CS that delivered food to the table. Much better experience.

However, at places like CHH or PB or Cosmic, the atmosphere is much more chaotic. I will continue to seat-save at those places except during times when the staff is saying not to.
__________________
Go Duke!
freshmanjs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
Where's the thread about people who stand in line for 15 minutes and then hem and haw when they get to the cashier?
I know, right? Worst.thing.ever. LOL
Megsie1000 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
My point is exactly what you are saying. You save the table simply because you can, and you perceive that it makes your life easier for a few minutes. Not because its more efficient, or fair, or the right thing to do. It just helps YOU. But at the expense of others who are trying to do it the right way and have no place to sit now, while their food gets cold.

Personally, I've never had an issue taking a large group through the line, don't see why it's a big deal. All if WDW is crowded, the lines at CS no exception, you just deal with it for a few minutes and move on. If you absolutely can't handle it, fine, have the others wait somewhere else. But there is NO good reason to be taking up a table that you don't need yet, at least none that isn't selfish. It's no different than not returning the cart. And clogs up the whole system, I always strive to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.


This! Totally agree that saving a table is selfish. During crowded times lining up, ordering and paying for food and receiving said food can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes. All this time a family is selfishly sitting at an empty table (for their own convenience) while another family juggling trays of food could easily take that table and probably be finished eating by the time first family is ready to eat.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
This! Totally agree that saving a table is selfish. During crowded times lining up, ordering and paying for food and receiving said food can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes. All this time a family is selfishly sitting at an empty table (for their own convenience) while another family juggling trays of food could easily take that table and probably be finished eating by the time first family is ready to eat.
let's take it further. a truly selfless person would not eat at a CS at all, so as not to make the line longer for others or to take up table space that others could use.

in fact, all the people at WDW are being selfish, wasting their days and money on entertainment when they could be helping others.
__________________
Go Duke!
freshmanjs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
Because they are not set up the same way, I am assuming since I have not been in BOG, that there is plenty of room for everyone to wait, not so in other CSs.

When my kids were younger, DH would go and ordered the food, I would take the kids, the bags, the stroller and get out of the way at a table. I would have the tired, overheated kids out of line instead of whining in a line which I would never have them in a ride line if they were that meltdowned bc they needed air and food. I would get all the condiments, napkins, and straws. Have all the kids wipe their hands, clean the table off. By the time I was done this, DH would be back with the food and we would not be crowding up the line.

There was also a time when I would sit at the table and if time allowed I would give younger DS a bottle or a jar of baby food so that by the time the other food arrived I could actually eat my food warm.


If they seat you and than bring the food, we can have all the same stuff accomplished by the time the food arrives



IMHO this is so wrong! If someone needs to feed their baby then use the Baby Centers. That is what they are there for. You can be sure that if I was carrying trays of food and could not find a place to sit while I saw you hogging a table feeding your baby so that you can later on eat your food warm (food that you did not yet have in front of you, while my own actual food was getting colder by the second) you would be hearing from me!

People need to be considerate of others but sadly so many are not.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Kernersville, NC
Posts: 4,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBTomorrow View Post

BOG: Vindication for those of us against table-saving!


Anyone who has been to Be Our Guest at lunchtime can tell you that no matter how crowded the restaurant, you can always find a place to eat for your party. No more trolling around with your tray of food, trying to guilt someone who is finished into getting up for you. No more rushing for a table as soon as someone stands up.

The system WORKS: nobody is allowed to save tables due to the way the traffic flow of the restaurant is set up. This proves what many on the DIS have been saying for a long time, that saving tables is a bad idea, and waiting to sit until you have your food makes more tables available for everyone. Yippee!

To those who complain that they don't want their kids waiting in the line, all the kids were waiting in the line with their families and present at ordering when we were there on Sunday, and nobody appeared too upset about it.

I am happy, and hope all CS restaurants implement this policy during peak use.

(Ready for flames. I understand there's a lot of difference of opinion on this subject.)
It sounds like you are expecting to win some type of award or prize.

Is there a competition I'm not aware of?
Bob NC is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #40
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
IMHO this is so wrong! If someone needs to feed their baby then use the Baby Centers. That is what they are there for. You can be sure that if I was carrying trays of food and could not find a place to sit while I saw you hogging a table feeding your baby so that you can later on eat your food warm (food that you did not yet have in front of you, while my own actual food was getting colder by the second) you would be hearing from me!

People need to be considerate of others but sadly so many are not.
i hope you come up to me someday and give me grief for sitting at a table. that would be SO MUCH fun for me.

the tables are there for use of park guests. there are (usually) no rules about who can sit their.

when the park chooses to put rules in place (As they sometimes do during busy times) then people should respect those rules.

otherwise, these false rules of etiquette that DIS people have made up are worthless.
__________________
Go Duke!
freshmanjs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
It sounds like you are expecting to win some type of award or prize.

Is there a competition I'm not aware of?
__________________
Go Duke!
freshmanjs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #42
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
let's take it further. a truly selfless person would not eat at a CS at all, so as not to make the line longer for others or to take up table space that others could use.

in fact, all the people at WDW are being selfish, wasting their days and money on entertainment when they could be helping others.


??? This makes NO sense to me at all! According to your theory then a selfless person should not be eating AT ALL because there is a food shortage in the world!
mom to minnie&mickey is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #43
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
??? This makes NO sense to me at all! According to your theory then a selfless person should not be eating AT ALL because there is a food shortage in the world!
my point is that these arguments about how it is selfish to sit at a table when someone else might want to use it are equally absurd.
__________________
Go Duke!
freshmanjs is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #44
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 931

And don't even get me started on people who pay with cash! You are wasting all of our time!
Senator Tressel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #45
VS85
Mouseketeer
 
VS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
my point is that these arguments about how it is selfish to sit at a table when someone else might want to use it are equally absurd.
This. Thank you for being the voice of reason.

Can't find a table? Grab a takeout box, find a bench outside, laugh with your family and enjoy your surroundings.

And for anyone who is about to say that benches are not readily available, or that eating without a table is not convenient for you, you've missed the point.
VS85 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.