DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell View Post
I had no ideal that those bedspread were not washed between guest!! I am so grossed out now I proudly admit to being a germaphobe. I spray everything with lysol and wipe down every surface when I enter the room. Is it possible to ask for a clean one before check-in?
It is of course possible to ask... ;-) But whether you would get one that was actually clean is another story. If the idea of it bothers you, better to just take the comforter off for the week. Lysol wipes on the most frequently touched surfaces would take less than 5 minutes, and personally I think is worth it (I'm not a germophobe, but I'm willing to do the low effort/high impact things). Touch up the door handles, toilet handle, refrigerator handle, TV remote, phone, etc. If you don't, it isn't going to kill you, but it is a good sanitary practice.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #47
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

i take them off as soon as we arrive, then wash my hands, well.

don't understand why they've haven't switched over to the 'for show' mini duvet type thing that rest on foot of bed that many other resorts utilize (my youngest asked why the bed had a table runner on it the 1st time he saw one).

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #48
Serkazong
Earning My Ears

I never worry about it, my wife does enough for the two of us. I try to remind her that stress will make you sick also.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #49
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

I'm sure you could ask for a clean comforter. Then, even if it wasn't clean, maybe us over thinkers would just feel better and not know the difference! Ha. I don't think my kids are going to get sick when they lay on the comforters, but at the same time, I don't allow them to do it. The thought of what might be on there is just too ick.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We take them off the beds, fold them up & place them in the corner. We do not touch them for the rest of our stay. We also bring blankets & pillows with us but we drive. If we fly, we can't do this. We still use the blankets & pillows provided by the resort we are staying at.

I also bring Lysol spray & wipes. I sometimes bring bleach cleaner.

I just can't help myself, we have had the flu at Disney 4 different times!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #51
SleepyatDVC
The Untagged
... and I wasn't wearing any pants!!!!

Yep. I fold them and put them on the top shelf of the closet for our entire stay. I sometimes ask for extra sheets if there aren't extras already in the closet for the sofa bed or if we are using the sofa bed, to make my own makeshift duvet cover for the beds like many hotels now do.

My kids (12 and 14) and DH won't use the jacuzzi if I don't sanitize it before. If it is a short trip, I may not get around to it and so if they use the tub, they use it as a regular tub and don't turn on the jets.

I think my family is pickier about cleanliness than I am. Lol. I figure it's cleaner than camping! Ha!

We aren't so worried about microscopic germs, more of other people's crud and dirt.

Sep 1999 Marriott Cypress Harbor---May 2000 Liki Tiki---Nov 2001 BC---Nov/Dec 2001 OKW---March 2002 VWL---Sep 2002 BWV & BCV---Dec 2002 CR---Mar 2003 St. Thomas ---Jun 2003 VWL---October 2003 Marriott Grand Vista & HAL Cruise & Miami ---Jan 2004 OKW GV---Jun 2004 CCL Victory Canada ---Apr/May 2005 BWV & Marriott Cypress Harbor---Oct 2005 BWV---Feb 2006 OKW---Apr 2006 Miami ---August 2006 BWV---Feb 2007 VWL --Apr 2007 NCL Dawn 11 night S Caribbean Cruise --- Aug 2007 BWV/AKV --- Oct 2007 NCL Crown Bermuda --- Apr 2008 BWV/AKV --- Aug 2008 BWV/Marriott Cypress Harbor --- Feb 2009 Miami --- Apr 2009 NCL Pearl ---Aug 2009 CSR, BLT & DCL Magic --- Feb 2010 BWV --- July 2011 AKV ---June/July 2012 Italy/Turkey/Greece Celebrity Equinox --- Feb 2013 BWV --- Aug 2013 AKL --- Dec 2013 BWV/OKW

SleepyatDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #52
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
So what do you do in the hot tub and pool?
Pools and hot tubs are filled with chlorinated water, right? That kills the "really gross" stuff...at least in my brain! . I am in the club of leaving the comforter on the bed for warmth, but don't lay on top of it or anything like that. I don't want to test the theory, but I do really have a hard time believing that comforters are actually re-used and recycled only every MONTH!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #53
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Checking for bed bugs and running some bleach through the jacquzzi tub is about as far as I'll go.

Removing bedding and packing my own, not a chance. I don't wash every spoon, fork, knife, dish, glass and pot in the room first either. I look at it, I smell it, if it looks clean and smells clean I use it.

If I went any further than that, I wouldn't stay anywhere in the world but my own four walls, and I would never use a public bathroom, sleep in any bed but my own, or touch any cabinets or paperwork or desks or phones or files or doorknobs at work, in a hotel or restaurant (we use those utensils and glasses without washing them first - talk about YUK). There are germs that we can't see everywhere.

Towel dispensers in a public bathrooms, public doorways, pulling a chair closer to a table in a restaurant, and touching God knows what. Basically, everything we touch in public has unseen germs.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but if I rolled that way, I'd be so worried about what's on the keyboard I'm using to type this, I'd be sicker from worry than I would from touching anything.

JMHO - but it works for me

AKV 11/14,AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #54
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Per the annual meeting today the heavy bedspreads will be replaced by 2014. I am sure they will go to something like the ones at BLT that have a washable duvet cover.

Especially since that is now the industry standard for hotels.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #55
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Per the annual meeting today the heavy bedspreads will be replaced by 2014. I am sure they will go to something like the ones at BLT that have a washable duvet cover.

Great news!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #56
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

Dang! I hated that thing at BLT. It kept coming out of the cover because there were no ties to tie the corners and no velcro or ties to keep it closed. And when we made the bed, the duvet cover hung down too far at the foot of the bed.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 12-13-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: too not to
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #57
jocin3
Mouseketeer

Great news! Thanks for posting that. The bedspread is always folded and off the bed during our trips.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #58
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
Checking for bed bugs and running some bleach through the jacquzzi tub is about as far as I'll go.

Removing bedding and packing my own, not a chance. I don't wash every spoon, fork, knife, dish, glass and pot in the room first either. I look at it, I smell it, if it looks clean and smells clean I use it.

If I went any further than that, I wouldn't stay anywhere in the world but my own four walls, and I would never use a public bathroom, sleep in any bed but my own, or touch any cabinets or paperwork or desks or phones or files or doorknobs at work, in a hotel or restaurant (we use those utensils and glasses without washing them first - talk about YUK). There are germs that we can't see everywhere.

Towel dispensers in a public bathrooms, public doorways, pulling a chair closer to a table in a restaurant, and touching God knows what. Basically, everything we touch in public has unseen germs.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but if I rolled that way, I'd be so worried about what's on the keyboard I'm using to type this, I'd be sicker from worry than I would from touching anything.

JMHO - but it works for me
I agree with you. I sit in airplane seats, movie theatre seat, etc.....not much worse than those.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #59
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at BLT. So the duvet covers a regular bedspread and the duvet would get washed each time, but not the bedspread? Just clarifying.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #60
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
We've never stayed at BLT. So the duvet covers a regular bedspread and the duvet would get washed each time, but not the bedspread? Just clarifying.
It is a duvet cover, with a comforter, usually a down synthetic inside.

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: