DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

Well said DisWitt!
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWitt View Post
I can attest to the major risk that jet tubs pose. And anyone who says they've been fine for decades is in for a rude awakening when they get MRSA. This is the antibiotic-resistant staph that lives for a long time on many surfaces, especially in water. It's a real pain to get rid of and the boils it causes are no fun... Especially if it is your kids who get them. Running a cup of bleach in a full hot bath will kill just about everything. Heck, let's all be nice to the next DVCers and run that before leaving, too. You'll have enough bleach if you buy even the cheapest bottle.

... And being a pool-owner, that is why we keep chlorine levels up and proper sanitizers and stabilizers in the pool too. Most stuff dies pretty quickly with Cl ions around.
True, but even if you don't have the bleach, the auto dishwasher detergent will have enough chlorine in it to do the trick too.
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #33
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

No problem thanks to our owners locker. We fold the bedspread down to the foot of the bed and take our small down filled throws out of our locker. Perfect!!!!

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #34
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWitt View Post
I can attest to the major risk that jet tubs pose. And anyone who says they've been fine for decades is in for a rude awakening when they get MRSA. This is the antibiotic-resistant staph that lives for a long time on many surfaces, especially in water. It's a real pain to get rid of and the boils it causes are no fun... Especially if it is your kids who get them. Running a cup of bleach in a full hot bath will kill just about everything. Heck, let's all be nice to the next DVCers and run that before leaving, too. You'll have enough bleach if you buy even the cheapest bottle.

... And being a pool-owner, that is why we keep chlorine levels up and proper sanitizers and stabilizers in the pool too. Most stuff dies pretty quickly with Cl ions around.
Good point. I had a co-worker who got MRSA on her skin. Ughhhh...she had the audacity to come to work during her active infection while it was festering on her shin. SO GROSS.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #35
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermouse View Post
Just spray a little lysol around, has not killed me yet
This is what we do also. We delouse the room when we first check in and don't worry about it again. We also throw the comforters into the closet and we bring our own blankets and pillows.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #36
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

We don't wash them, but we do take them off and leave them off for the week. I bring 2 twin-size travel blankets from home that we like to use instead, and sometimes if we check a suitcase we'll bring a king size additional thin blanket, too. They're a lot softer than sitting on the bedspread, and we know when they were washed last.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #37
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

#1 Those heavy duty bedspreads aren't meant to be washed in a regular washing machine!

#2. More to the point, there are no washer/dryers in any of those villas that can handle those bedspreads in any capacity!

and for those of you staying at OKW, have you ever seen a replacement bedspread in the linen basket outside your door on departure day! No

The bedspreads do not get changed daily, not at any resort! If you get cold, request extra blankets!

Take a UV light to them, then let's talk paranoia! I remove them.

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #38
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
...Take a UV light to them, then let's talk paranoia! I remove them.
Well, I guess I am going to have to bring my UV light with me in January. I'll tell you what I find (but it will be at VWL).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #39
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Well, I guess I am going to have to bring my UV light with me in January. I'll tell you what I find (but it will be at VWL).
That is a good idea...but i bet you will not find anything. I have a feeling that every resort does a deep cleaning to all of its rooms at least once a month. One room with bed bugs and it will make the news...
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #40
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

I so wish I could get my husband to read this thread and think like most of us. He actually gets mad at me about the bedspread and how grossed out I get. sigh
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #41
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
I so wish I could get my husband to read this thread and think like most of us. He actually gets mad at me about the bedspread and how grossed out I get. sigh
Not most of "us". I think most of "you" are really in the minority. I'm just thinking about bringing my black light because I can. Curiosity, really.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #42
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Not most of "us". I think most of "you" are really in the minority. I'm just thinking about bringing my black light because I can. Curiosity, really.
I agree. The bedspread doesn't gross me out at all. We sit on it, nap on it, sleep under it, etc. Oh and the jacuzzi is fine too. We also walk on the floor in our bare feet. I guess germs don't bother us.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #43
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78

I agree. The bedspread doesn't gross me out at all. We sit on it, nap on it, sleep under it, etc. Oh and the jacuzzi is fine too. We also walk on the floor in our bare feet. I guess germs don't bother us.
Living on the edge!
I know I obsess too much about these things. We will once again be putting the comforters in the closet and asking for extra blankets.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #44
Bribrittmom
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
I agree,although I do usually wipe the remote with a lysol wipe. I guess we're too busy having fun to remember to worry too much about germs.
Bribrittmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #45
Jonell
DIS Veteran

I had no ideal that those bedspread were not washed between guest!! I am so grossed out now I proudly admit to being a germaphobe. I spray everything with lysol and wipe down every surface when I enter the room. Is it possible to ask for a clean one before check-in?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: