DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The bedspreads are not changed out unless there is a major reason, stained, etc. between each guest.

The new spreads that are duvet covers like at BLT, are.

The heavy bedspreads would not hold up to that much washing just as no one washes them that much at home.

They are cleaned, actually dry cleaned about once a month, unless needed due to stain or spills.
I am sure those new ones at OKW would need to be dry cleaned. I would never expect that they would be changed between each guest, but more on a schedule. We turn them down, but leave them on the bed. FYI, if you want another blanket for warmth, most DVC resorts keep extra blankets etc for the pull outs in the master bedroom closet.

As for the Jacuzzi in the room....I would NEVER use it without first cleaning it. I just follow the same procedure as I do for my Jacuzzi at home. Since I don't have bleach in my owner's locker though, I usually just use a little of the automatic dishwasher detergent. I run the tub using a packet of that for about 10 minutes. Rarely do I ever get any "crud" out of the jets, but sometimes I do. It usually depends on if someone ahead of you tried to use bath oil...a BIG no no in a Jacuzzi!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post

As for the Jacuzzi in the room....I would NEVER use it without first cleaning it. I just follow the same procedure as I do for my Jacuzzi at home. Since I don't have bleach in my owner's locker though, I usually just use a little of the automatic dishwasher detergent. I run the tub using a packet of that for about 10 minutes. Rarely do I ever get any "crud" out of the jets, but sometimes I do. It usually depends on if someone ahead of you tried to use bath oil...a BIG no no in a Jacuzzi!
I've never stayed in a 1br... Until I go in 2 days!! Is the detergent supplied in the room? I'm clueless about anything bigger than a studio!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
I've never stayed in a 1br... Until I go in 2 days!! Is the detergent supplied in the room? I'm clueless about anything bigger than a studio!
You will get a single use box of Tide or All on each service day (so every four days). No fabric softener or dryer sheets. If you plan on doing more laundry, bring from home.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

As far as the outdoor hot tub and pool.....they are both sanitized regularly and maintained at sanitized levels....that's not to say you don't pick up germs there, however, they must be maintained at certain chlorination levels. A jacuzzi bathtub is another matter entirely......a certain amount of water stays in the tubing even after draining and is recirculated with each successive bath.....that's why you are literally taking a bath with whomever used that tub before you.....unless you properly sanitize first.....by running sanitizer/bleach thru the jets and tubing. We have had experience with disgusting clumps of "stuff" coming from the jets on a few occasions when we sanitized upon check-in.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

You will get a single use box of Tide or All on each service day (so every four days). No fabric softener or dryer sheets. If you plan on doing more laundry, bring from home.
I was actually referring to the dishwasher detergent she spoke about, but thanks for your info! I was gonna have rough clothes if it weren't for you!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #21
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

I would never have thought to be concerned about the things mentioned. I'm 62 and have stayed in many hotels over the years and never had a problem.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
I would never have thought to be concerned about the things mentioned. I'm 62 and have stayed in many hotels over the years and never had a problem.
Honestly, I don't think the bedspreads or tubs are likely to cause any problem (and if they ever did, you probably just chalked it up to getting sick or feeling a little down, and didn't tie it to anything in particular). I think that our society has a little bit of an overdose of germophobia these days, but in these cases, it is more the "ick factor" that gets to me. I don't expect I will actually be harmed.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
Yes, the dishwasher detergent is supplied. I do the same thing as Diane when I want to use the jacuzzi - just run enough water to cover the jets (do not turn them on until completely covered), add a small amount of the powder in the packet and let the jets run for a few minutes.

I've never seen anything except water come out of the jets, either, but I still clean it before I use it. (I clean the tubs at home after each use, too).

I do not change or remove the DVC resort bedspreads, just fold them down.

Unless you wear gloves and a mask, there are much worse things on the various park handrails and rides.

I always plan to check for bedbugs but usually forget, LOL. Haven't brought anything home, yet! Knock on wood!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
AllieV
DIS Veteran

You could probably stuff them in the dryer and run it. The heat would kill any bacteria. It wouldn't wash off a stain, but it would kill any germs lingering on it. We usually fold it down and keep it on the bottom half of the bed for feet warmth.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
You could probably stuff them in the dryer and run it. The heat would kill any bacteria. It wouldn't wash off a stain, but it would kill any germs lingering on it. We usually fold it down and keep it on the bottom half of the bed for feet warmth.
No, the dryer it too small.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The bedspreads are not changed out unless there is a major reason, stained, etc. between each guest.

The new spreads that are duvet covers like at BLT, are.

The heavy bedspreads would not hold up to that much washing just as no one washes them that much at home.

They are cleaned, actually dry cleaned about once a month, unless needed due to stain or spills.
When we stayed at SSR in early August they were changing all of the bedspreads for MBRs in all of the buildings. It was quite a production. Carts with the clean bedspreads and a cart for the ones to be cleaned in the hallways. We stayed in the Paddock near the pool and there was a storage area down the road that had dozens of the these carts of new clean bedspreads all covered in plastic, ready for distribution through the buildings. Those little gators (vehicles) were moving things around for days.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
When we stayed at SSR in early August they were changing all of the bedspreads for MBRs in all of the buildings. It was quite a production. Carts with the clean bedspreads and a cart for the ones to be cleaned in the hallways. We stayed in the Paddock near the pool and there was a storage area down the road that had dozens of the these carts of new clean bedspreads all covered in plastic, ready for distribution through the buildings. Those little gators (vehicles) were moving things around for days.
Yes, during the rehab of the rooms, all rooms got new bedspreads with the Fox and Hound theme. If you get a new room, then you have gotten a brand new bedspread.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
joeyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermouse View Post
Just spray a little lysol around, has not killed me yet
i must have my lysol to go through through the villa initially...even bought a big can with my grocery order from wegoshop the end of november. "lysol kills the germs other people leave behind"...their slogan when i was growing up. a must for some, particularly me with my ocd. geez, i shoulda sprayed the bedspread!
joeyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

I agree in most cases it is just the "ick" factor, however, in the case of the jacuzzi tub, our hot tub repairman told me w/o proper sanitizing of the tubing after another party has used it...it is highly possible to pass along skin infections, surface staph infections, etc. since that water does recirculate from the jets.....there is no way to totally drain the tubing w/o blowing high pressure air thru it.....something that just is not done between guests.....so for myself and my family I will continue to sanitize the jacuzzi if we plan to use it.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
DisWitt
Fan of Disney 1.0 - aka Disneyland

I can attest to the major risk that jet tubs pose. And anyone who says they've been fine for decades is in for a rude awakening when they get MRSA. This is the antibiotic-resistant staph that lives for a long time on many surfaces, especially in water. It's a real pain to get rid of and the boils it causes are no fun... Especially if it is your kids who get them. Running a cup of bleach in a full hot bath will kill just about everything. Heck, let's all be nice to the next DVCers and run that before leaving, too. You'll have enough bleach if you buy even the cheapest bottle.

... And being a pool-owner, that is why we keep chlorine levels up and proper sanitizers and stabilizers in the pool too. Most stuff dies pretty quickly with Cl ions around.

Aulani Owner since 7/2010
DisWitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: