DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
dapod423
Mouseketeer

Just back from first Christmas time trip!!

We just got in last night from a 6 night stay in a 2 bedroom Lock-off at Jambo House. WE is myself, DH, DS5, DM and DF. We had a great trip and here are a few observations

Check in went smoothly. I did online check in and that line was longer and slower than the regular line. I don't understand wy the greeters outside and in the lobby will assist guests behind someone who is already in line. This is the second time this has happened to me. Anyway... the room was not ready when we arrived at 130 so we checked our carry ons with Bell Services and headed down to Mara for lunch. Within 20 min I got the text that the room was ready. Rooms 5270/72. It was in great shape!!

We participated in the DVC Christmas Tree exchange and I loved it!!! But for something that has been going on for 10 years the CM don't know anything about it and had a hard time helping me locate my tree.

Candlelight Processional.....AMAZING!!!!! So moving. We had James Denton and he did a great job!

Obsbourne Lights...AWESOME!!!! I loved this and we went twice because my DF did not come the first time.

MVMCP was nice as well. But I probably won't go again until my son is older. He wanted to use the time to go on rides with no lines instead of doing the Christmas things. But we did see the incredible fireworks (which we also saw from our balcony a few days later) and parade. I was most impressed with the toy soldiers.

Overall lines were at a minimum for this trip. Longest wait was maybe 15-20 min. We had FP for Little Mermaid while the standby line was 80 min. It was cute but definitely not 80 min cute. Line for BOG for lunch was crazy!! I'll be back so I'm not concerned.

No rowdy BTG's for us. ECVs were prevalent and I stick with my same comment from every trip. Scooters and wheelchairs should have their own transportation. No don't flame me. I just think there should be a system where they can call about 30 before leaving and they get a special van or bus. On some of the new buses they now have spots for 4 WC or scooters!! can you imagine the time it takes to load 4!! And the amount of people that won't make it on the bus? OK I'm done with that.

Food was good as usual. We ate at some favorites, Ohana, La hacienda, Boma (breakfast and dinner). Then tried a couple of new ones Cape May Cafe Seafood Buffet (YUM) and 50's Primetime cafe (EH). Used Tables in Wonderland and probably came out ahead of the dining plan.

I guess that's it for now!!
9/87- Off-site, 3/02- Off-site, 10/03-Port Orleans Riverside, 4/06- Grand Floridian, 5/10- Port Orleans French Quarter, 9/10- Saratoga Springs (1st trip as DVC Member), 10/10- DCL Wonder, 10/10- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 5/11- Pop Century, 10/11-DCL Magic/ Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village, 1/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, Saratoga Springs 6/12, 10/12- DCL Dream/Villas at Wilderness Lodge, 12/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 4/13- Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
dapod423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
vandy
Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!

We were down a week ago and will offer some support for your scooter comment. This time of year there seems to be more of them though. It is unfortunate that there isn't a better system for them and hopefully eliminate some of the ill-will some people harbor. I am sure the reason a different system isn't in place is the cost, logistics, etc. We don't have any issues with this, but when a park is at closing time and there are 5 or 6 scooters lined up to go back to SSR and close to a hundred others in line, some people are not so nice.

On the positive side, the candlelight processional and the Osborne lights are indeed amazing! We did some resort hopping as well and loved the decorations and gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. Took several photos of just the decorations at the resorts and parks. Will have to do another of these trips soon!

vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Great trip! Thank you for sharing.

We were there too 12/5 - 12/12/12. We ate lunch at BOG twice. I started to tell people not to be disappointed with the long line. It moved pretty quick. It is huge in there. We knew how fast it moved after our first time there. Second time, we were told 45 minutes. We got in line at 11:30 by 12:15 we were done eating.

You will have next time!!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: